|This hero was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being admirable enough or lacks what is necessary to be a purely good hero. Therefore, this hero shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed heroes rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same do-gooder. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PG heroes.|
Any act of adding this hero to the Pure Good category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this hero without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|~ Edd's catchphrase|
Eddward, or also known as Edd (mostly referred to by his nickname "Double D", from his name having two D's, and to differentiate him and not to mix him up with Ed as confusion), is one of the three main protagonists of Ed, Edd n Eddy and Ed Ed'd n Eddy's Big Picture Show. He is a young inventor, hard-working student, neat freak, and of course the smartest kid in all the cul-de-sac. He is the weakest, smartest and most well-behaved of the Eds, an observation that seems to be unfortunately unappreciated by his peers. He wears a trademark sock-like black ski hat all the time, used not only as a hat, but also as a catalyst to one of the show's biggest mysteries.
He was voiced by Samuel Vincent who also voiced as Krypto from Krypto the Superdog, Martin Mystery from the show of the same name, Dexter from Hamtaro, and Lloyd Garmadon (Season 8-present) in LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
Of the three Eds, Double D is the most respected and most liked by the others due to his harmless nature, intelligence, inventions, love of peace and order, and his commitment to doing the right thing. Even Kevin at times can be disrespectful towards him when it's convenient. The other kids usually come to him for help and advice, or if they need something fixed. He also does a lot of research and field work, on his own from his friends, and when he isn't with Eddy and Ed, the others often invite him to do things with them and become friendly. However, being an active part in Eddy's schemes, Double D is usually punishes his friends as a result, and sometimes his intellectual and thinking, nitpicky nature can wear on the nerves of the others.
In the later episodes, when going to Peach Creek Jr. High, he is a straight-A student son in all of his classes. He shows a strong hate toward sports because of a past, never-discussed dodgeball incident. He even went as far as escaping school to get out of gym class. Though, he is nearly incapable of performing any exercise anyways due to extreme physical weakness. He is also in the photography club at school and the editor of the school newspaper.
Double D is almost always the voice of reason and conscience of the Eds, pointing out the weaknesses in Eddy's scams or explaining how morally wrong they are, even though he is almost always ignored. Being as intelligent as he is, he is able to construct complicated machines from cardboard, signs, and various other pieces of junk the Eds can find. They often make trips to the Junkyard specifically to look for stuff like this.
Edd is a 12-year-old boy and his outfit consists of a reddish orange T-shirt, purple shorts, very tall red socks (seen going up and past his knees), and of course, his black hat. Part of his winter outfit consists of an orange zip-up fleece coat and he wears a plaid tie for school.
Powers and Abilities
- Exceptional Intelligence: As the smartest member of The Eds, Double D is Extremely Intelligent at everything.
- Inventing Skills: As he works for Eddy, Double D built inventions to scam the Kids or navigate places.
- In the Ed, Edd n Eddy online game, Lunchroom Rumble, it reveals that Double D has pieces of hair under his hat when throwing it off the air. However, A.K.A. Cartoon (the company that produced Ed, Edd n Eddy for Cartoon Network) confirmed that this was not canon to Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- Double D has a Norwegian pen pal known as Gerta as revealed in the episode, No Speak Da Ed.
- In a deleted secne of the episode, Take This Ed and Shove It, it reveals that his elderly self to married to an elderly obese version of Marie Kanker.
Appearances in other official Cartoon Network media.
- Double D appeared as a non playable NPC in the now defunct Cartoon Network online game, FusionFall, along with Ed, Eddy, and the Kanker Sisters. There was also a nano of Double D himself.
- Double D was featured on Cartoon Network 20th anniversary poster from 2012, along with Eddy, Ed, Johnny, Plank, and The Kanker Sisters.
- Double D made a cameo apperance in the OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes episode, Crossover Nexus.
- Double D's hat made an appearance as wardrobe in the mobile game, KleptoCats: Cartoon Network.