|“||I made it all up, Double D. Everything about my brother was a lie. I just made things up, so people would like me, think I was cool. But boy was I wrong. The scam, my brother, this... when am I gonna learn, Double D?||„|
|~ Eddy apologizes to everyone, revealing his true nature for the reason why he lied about his brother and why he behaved like a jerk throughout the series.|
|“||WE DID IT, DOUBLE D! EVERYONE LOVES US! WE'RE FINALLY IN, BABY!||„|
|~ Eddy being happy with his friends and his last words of the series|
Edward, also known as Eddy, is one of the three protagonists the Ed, Edd n Eddy franchise and of its movie finale, Ed Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show. He is Ed and Double D's best friend and the self-appointed, ambitious leader of the Eds.
He was voiced by retired actor and voice actor Tony Sampson.
Eddy's a short 12-year-old boy with a primary personality trait can be summed up as an amalgamation of excessive levels of greed, insecurity, and narcissism.
Eddy can sometimes be a good boy, however he almost always likes to make fun of others and is grumpy, sometimes very rude, unpredictable and above all selfish. He also doesn't like people to touch him. He loves to trick others with his scams just to make money and buy candy, but many times his scams backfire. He really likes to piss off Kevin and Sarah, and he is usually perverted.
He wants to follow in the footsteps of his brother, who ruled the neighborhood. He always fails in all subjects and prefers candy more than his friends. In the movie he regrets his personality, created by the abuse of his older brother.
- In The Ed-Touchables, After witnessing Sarah's doll and Edd's magnifying glass gone missing, Eddy realize there a sort of "serial toucher" stealing things, so Eddy warns everybody the entire Cul-de-Sac about a serial toucher on loose, and promising them that he and his friends will solve the mystery. Eddy's plan involves having Ed sitting on a brunch with an alarm hidden on his person and a sign saying "Don't Touch" hung on his body, which would be the perfect bait for the serial toucher. Jonny 2x4 approaches Ed and rubs Plank on Ed's head, which actives the alarm. Thus, making Eddy believe that Jonny is the serial toucher. Eddy and his friends manages to capture Jonny, and tied him to a chair in a basement. Eddy tortures Plank by dripping water from a water gun to make Jonny confess or Plank would swell up like a balloon. Jonny couldn't bear to see what going to happen to Plank, so he finally confesses that "he" is the serial toucher. However. Jonny turned out to be innocent, as Sarah found her doll under her bed and Edd revealed that he found his magnifying glass, clearing Jonny's name. Eddy felt no remorse for punishing Jonny for a crime he didn't committed.
- In A Fistful of Ed, When Kanker Sisters show up and started picking on Edd, Eddy angerly yells at the Kankers to leave Edd alone. This is a rare moment when Eddy bravely stands up to the Kanker Sisters.
- In Ed, Edd, Eddy's Big Picture Movie, Eddy and Edd saved Ed from a rampaging Rolf, who tries to either seriously hurt or kill the Eds for Eddy's scam that went horribly wrong and caused Rolf to suffer the most serious injuries of his life. He later apologizes to Edd for tricking him into thinking him and Ed perished in quicksand. And at the end of the movie he reveals that he is not truly a selfish person and apologizes to everybody redeeming himself.
- These are the grades on his report card as seen in the episode "Mission Ed-Possible", are the following:
- Art: F
- Science: F
- English: F
- History: F
- Remedial Math: F
- Wood Shop: F
- Cooking: F
- Eddy is a fan of Tom Jones and Barry White, evidenced by the records and posters in his room.
- Eddy is a very tragic Cartoon Network character, as he suffered physical and psychological abuse and mistreatment from his older brother and was shunned and alienated from his community for seeming selfish and arrogant. In fact, his acceptance from the Cul-de-sac kids was one of the main highlights in the movie and the reason the finale was beloved by fans.
- He is very similar to Edward Platypus from Camp Lazlo.
- Both names are Edward (though Eddy's is short for Edward).
- Both are short.
- Both are short-tempered.
- Both have high-pitched voices.
- Both are mean, selfish and greedy.
- The whole reason they act so disrespectful is that both were constantly abused by their older brothers for their whole lives (Eddy's Brother to Eddy and Cheesly, Alpine, Fancy Pants and Phillip to Edward) and both inherited their personality to be cool but they may not actually be mean but nice and selfless who both want to make friends.