|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Eric Draven contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I have something to give you. I don’t want it anymore. Thirty hours of pain all at once, all for you.||„|
|~ Eric Draven|
|“||Take your shot, Funboy. You got me, dead bang.||„|
|~ Eric to Funboy, before shooting him to death|
Eric Draven is the title main protagonist of The Crow film and the TV series, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven who was a former rock guitar player in the band Hangman's Joke, who had a hit with the song "It Can't Rain All the Time".
He was played by the late martial arts actor Brandon Lee who died on set of the film on March 31, 1993.
He was engaged to Shelly Webster, their wedding due to be on Halloween. But on Devil's Night before Halloween, a gang led by T-Bird attacks Shelley in their home and rapes her. When Eric walks in, Tin-Tin throws a knife into his spine paralyzing him. He could only watch them rape Shelly before being thrown out the window. A year later, a crow brings his soul back from the dead to avenge Shelly's and his deaths on T-Bird's gang.
Eric emerges from his grave on a stormy night, stumbling his way back home to his ruined apartment. There he has flashbacks of Shelley, and discovers that any wound he takes heals instantaneously. With that, he paints his face and sets out to kill the thugs who killed Shelly.
The crow first helps Eric locate Tin Tin, whom he kills with his own knives and steals his trench coat. He then goes to the pawn shop where Tin-Tin pawned Shelly's engagement ring. Eric forces the owner Gideon to return it before blowing up the shop.
He then finds Funboy, T-Bird's right-hand man, getting high on morphine with Darla, the mother of Eric’s friend Sarah, and drags him into the bathroom before putting him into the bathtub; he then tells Sarah's mother Darla that she needs to be there for her daughter, before killing Funboy with his own needles. Eric then kidnaps T-Bird while T-Bird is waiting for Skank at a convenience store and kills him.
After Eric takes down three of the four thugs, the fourth one, Skank, runs back to Top Dollar, the head of a major crime syndicate and warns him about this undead avenger. Eric arrives and asks Top Dollar for the thug, only to be met with gunfire. Eric is forced to kill the entire room full of mobsters in order to fulfill his revenge.
Afterwards, Eric's powers begin to fail, as his role on Earth has been fulfilled. He is briefly called back in order to take down Top Dollar, who has kidnapped his friend Sarah. Eric fights Top Dollar on the roof of a church and manages to gain the upper hand by transferring the memories of pain that both he and Shelly had to endure into the mind of the top-level criminal. Top Dollar then falls to his death. Eric is finally able to rest in peace after this.
Powers and Abilities
- Supernatural Physiology: After being resurrected by a mystical crow, Eric gained superhuman attributes and supernatural abilities.
- Supernatural Strength: Eric's strength was boosted to the point that he could lift and throw around grown men.
- Supernatural Speed: Eric is fast enough to disappear from people's sight and outrun gunfire.
- Supernatural Agility: Eric is agile enough to jump across the rooftops and perform acrobatic leaps and maneuvers in combat, even hanging from a ceiling light upsidedown.
- Supernatural Reflexes: Eric's reflexes were great enough to dodge, deflect, and even catch thrown knives in midair. He could even avoid gunfire.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Eric gained inhuman healing, with his blood returning back into his body when his wounds close. He can heal from blunt force trauma, cuts, and gunshots.
- Tactile empathy and telepathy: Eric possesses the ability to see through the eyes of the crow. He is also able to feel the emotions and see the memories of others by touching them. He can also absorb and store these memories and emotions to transfer into others, usually as a form of torture; this is shown when he virtually kills Top Dollar by making him feel thirty hours of Shelly's pain.
- Master Acrobat: Due to his superhuman agility via his resurrection, Eric is able to pull off agile maneuvers even while in a fight.
- Expert Hand to Hand Combatant: Despite not having any formal training, Eric is a highly capable hand to hand fighter, using his superhuman attributes to his advantage. He was able to defeat multiple gangsters at once, defeated skilled fighters such as the knife-expert Tin Tin, and fought against the sword-wielding Top Dollar.
- Expert Marksman: Eric is proficient in using firearms, using Funboy's revolver and T-Bird's handgun to take out serval gangsters in quick succession. Even managing to shoot them while on the ground. He could even dual-wielding other gangster's pistols to hit a thug on the scaffolding, and using then during close-quarters fights while incorporating unarmed strikes and grapples.
- Knife Proficiency: Eric has shown skill at using knives in combat. Throwing Tin Tin's own knife into his shoulder and used his other knives to kill him. He even used a hunting knife to impale Gideons' hand and used a combat knife to kill a gangster.
- Skilled Swordsman: Eric possesses some skill at using a sword in combat. He was able to use a katana from Top Dollar's cabinet to take multiple thugs in quick succession. He was even able to duel Top Dollar using the church's weather vain.
- Skilled Tactician: Eric is a skilled planner and improviser. He is able to improvise an explosion by using gasoline and setting it off with rings fired out of a shotgun.
- Stealth: Using his superhuman speed and agility, Eric can sneak around his targets or even disappear from people in just a few moments.
- Musician: Before his death and resurrection, Eric was a talented musician, being the guitarist for his band. He still retains these skills even after his resurrection.
Link to the crow: Eric's powers are tied to the crow avatar that watches over him while he enacts his vengeance; his powers subside if the crow avatar is destroyed.
Wedding Ring: Eric wear's his fiance's ring as a necklace in memory of her and reminder of his mission of vengeance.
Leather Trenchcoat: Eric took Tin Tin's coat after killing him, wearing it up until killing Skank.
Revolver: Eric took Funboy's revolver after taking deadly vengeance on him.