|“||That girl has family a out there that will want her back, not just dumped on the side of the road like a piece of trash.||„|
|~ Erin to Kemper concerning the female hitchhiker at the Old Crawford Mill.|
|“||Please forgive me...||„|
|~ Erin to Andy.|
Erin Hardesty is the main protagonist and a sole survivor from the 2003 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a remake of the original 1974 horror classic.
She was portrayed by Jessica Biel, who also played Abigail Whistler in Blade: Trinity, Alex McDonough in I Know Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, and also voiced Neera in Planet 51, Brooke Roberts in Family Guy, and Vix the Fox in Spark: A Space Tail.
Erin grew up around the early 1950s. As a youth, she often found herself in trouble with the law, and spent some time in juvenile hall. According to her, Erin's ability to pick locks and hotwire cars developed during this era. Around the year 1970, she began dating a man named Kemper. Although Erin certainly did not take issue with skirting the letter of the law, she began to outgrow Kemper's appreciation for smoking marijuana. In August 1973, Erin, Kemper and their friends, Andy and Morgan went on vacation in Mexico. What Erin didn't know was that the group were actually driving there in order to purchase two pounds of pot, presumably for resale in the United States.
Erin is a 20-year old beautiful woman with brown hair and hazel eyes. She is about 170 cm tall and weighs 59 kg; she has an atheltic build and rather muscular arms.
Skills and Abilities
While in juvenile hall Erin learnd some larcenous skills including the ability to open locks without the proper keys and hot-wiring cars.
Erin is clearly a strong and athletic young woman. She is physically in great shape able to outrun and evade Leatherface. Without doubt she posseses athlete level stamina. Her mental fortitude is also immense.
- In some deleted scenes it is revealed that the reason for Erin not smoking the weed or drinking was because she was pregnant. It is unknown if she really is pregnant.
- Erin is redesigned and reimagined from the original films lead, Sally Hardesty.
- Erin had been dating Kemper for three years.
- She originated from Arizona as her, Kemper, Pepper and Morgan's hometown's are revealed.
- She had just come from Mexico with the group.
- She was the only survivor of the Hewitt Family and the only one to kill a Hewitt family member.
- What became of Erin, or the baby she had rescued, following the events of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is unknown.
- Erin never knew that Kemper had purchased a tear-cut diamond ring and had planned on proposing to her: the ring fell out of Kemper's pocket after he had been attacked by Thomas Hewitt.
- Erin had a tattoo on her lower right-side abdomen. This belongs to actress Jessica Biel in reality.
- Erin is one of two characters seen in the film with visible tattoos. The other is Charlie Hewitt, who has tattoos on both forearms.