The Fire LEO-02 "Exceliza" (A.K.A. "Excelizer") is the protagonist ship in Thunder Force II.
The plot line states that the Galaxy Federation comes to the discovery that the ORN Empire houses a machine known as "Plealos" deep below a planet's surface. As a result, the federation attempts to destroy this machine via a sneak attack from the next starfighter of the Fire LEO production series: Fire LEO-02 "Exceliza". Despite the strenuous obstacles the spacecraft encounters through its journey, it eventually tracks down and destroys Plealos, putting the Galaxy Federation one more step ahead against the ORN Empire's quest for total organic extermination in the universe. Since then, the starfighter is never used again in the series.
The Exceliza boasts the largest assortment of weapons of any Fire LEO craft at the time, however upon destruction all of them save for the default two shots are lost. In the Top-View levels, all weapons except the Hunter are accompanied by a bomb that destroys ground targets.
- Twin Shot - fires a twin stream of rapid firing energy shots are unleashed directly in front of the fighter, which can easily destroy most smaller ORN forces. This is one of the initial weapons and can not be lost upon death.
- Laser - An upgraded version of the Twin Shot, this fires two laser beams that travel up and down before moving forward. In the top-view levels, the beam is a continuous stream that can penetrate smaller enemies.
- Back Shot - fires a single stream of rapid firing energy shots are unleashed in front and back of the fighter, which can easily dispose of smaller ORN forces. This is one of the initial weapons and can not be lost upon death.
- Mega Flash - An upgraded version of the Back Shot, this fires five pinwheel-shaped shots with two traveling at a 45 degree angle upwards and downwards, one traveling straightforward, and another two traveling at a 30 degree angle upwards and downwards behind the craft (Side-View only).
- Wide Shot - An upgraded version of the Back Shot, this fires four orb-shaped projectiles, with two traveling forwards at a 45 degree angle left and right, one traveling straight, and traveling backwards behind the craft (Top-View only).
- Wave Shot - fires two streams of wave-shaped lasers in a helix pattern, with a a standard stream straightforwards (Side-View only).
- Five Wave - fires five wave shots forwards, with the outermost waves traveling a short distance to the left/right of the craft before moving forwards, the two middle waves traveling at a 45 degree angle left/right before moving forwards, and the innermost wave traveling straight (Top-View only).
- Side - fires two streams of waves love and below the craft, with a standard stream firing forwards (Side-View only).
- ATM - fires two bombs at a 90 degree arc above and below the craft (Side-View, X68000 only, replaces Side).
- Destroy - fires three bombs instead of one, with two traveling at a 45 degree angle left and right respectively (Top-View only).
- Nova - fires three ring lasers in the direction opposite of the craft's movement, with two of the lasers angled at a 45 degree angle (Side-View only).
- Sidewinder - fires a large missile that can be controlled by the craft's movement (Side-View, X68000 only, replaces Nova).
- Clash - fires a rotating enemy shot that travels forward in a circular motion (Top-View only).
- MCM - fires a set of missiles that can be controlled by the craft's movement (Top-View, X68000 only, replaces Clash).
- Hunter - fires three orbs of energy rapidly that will home on the nearest enemies. They are not too powerful but very accurate. On Top-View levels, the shot can only hit air enemies and disables the bomb while equipped.
- CLAW - A pod support unit that enhances the Exceliza's firepower by firing regular shots and acts as a makeshift shield that is able to block some enemy shots; up to two can be obtained. Collecting the "Revolve" power-up will drastically increase the rotating speed of claws temporarily.
- Barrier - Creates a barrier that protects the Exceliza from all types of enemy fire for a short time. Lasts about 7 seconds.
Sonic the Hedgehog
House of the Dead
Super Monkey Ball