Frank Reagan is the main protagonist in the TV series Blue Bloods.
Frank is the Police Commissioner of the New York Police Department. His father Henry was also a retired police commissioner and the rest of the Reagan Family are third generation family who are cops and D.A.'s. Frank is a good man and really smart. Mostly he has to make a lot of tough decisions as the police commissioner. Mostly some of his family members were framed for crimes they didn't commit or got suspended from in the line of duty. Mostly he stays out of harm's way.
He tries not to get involved, but he usually helps them when the rest of the family is not looking. Frank is the kind of guy who would take a bullet for his family or anyone who is in trouble. He is not perfect, but he is a good leader and an always respected person. Mostly the press or media trying to lynch his family or him a million times, but they got through it together. Frank served in Vietnam as a U.S. Marine before he joined the force. Like his son Danny and his father Henry, both served in the Marines and both of them fought in World War II and Iraq. Frank is widowed and his wife Mary passed away. He has four kids; Three sons, Danny, Joe and his youngest son Jamie and a daughter, Erin. Danny, Joe and Jamie joined the family business as cops.
His daughter Erin is an Assistant District Attorney. Frank worked his way up as a beat cop, made detective in three years and worked his way up to Police Commissioner. He made police commissioner in September 24, 2010. Frank has a good relationship with his kids and his three grandchildren and is very protective of them.
- Patrol Officer, NYPD 27th Precinct
- Patrol Officer, NYPD 25th Precinct
- Detective, NYPD 21st Precinct
- Senior Detective, NYPD Homicide
- Dog handler, NYPD Canine Unit
- Commanding Officer, NYPD Special Investigations Unit
- Deputy Chief, NYPD Patrol Borough Brooklyn South
- Chief of Department, NYPD (wears the uniform and shield to Academy graduation.)
- New York City Police Commissioner
Awards and Decorations
- NYPD Medal of Honor
- NYPD Combat Cross
- NYPD Meritorious Police Duty
- NYPD Excellent Police Duty