|Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."
Spider-Man has declared that this article is still under construction.
|“||If I learned anything in my life it's this: Always play the hand you're dealt. My name is Gambit. And I play for keeps.||„|
Remy LeBeau, also known as Gambit is a supporting character from the 2009 film X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
He is a mutant with the ability to take the potential energy stored in an object and convert it to kinetic energy thus “charging” that item with explosive results. As a young adult, he spent two years at the Weapon X holding facility on Three Mile Island, and earned the nickname of "Gambit" for frequently winning poker games with the guards. He escaped the facility, and returned to his hometown of New Orleans.
In 1979 Wolverine came looking for information about the holding facility and found LeBeau in a bar. While trying to question him about the facility, Gambit mistook Wolverine for an agent of the program, and blasted him through a nearby wall of the bar with a barrage of kinetically-charged playing cards. Outside, Logan found Victor Creed over John Wraith's dead body, and proceeded to fight Victor, only to be interrupted by Gambit, who used his kinetically-charged bo to create a shockwave that separated them. Victor escaped, and after a brief struggle, Gambit agreed to take Wolverine to the mutant prison on Three Mile Island.
After dropping Wolverine in the Susquehanna River from his airplane, Gambit left, reappearing in time to save Logan from getting crushed by a piece of the crumbling cooling tower, which LaBeau split with his bo. Wolverine ordered Gambit to ensure the prisoners were safe, while he returned to find Silver Fox, who had stayed behind. When Gambit returned, Wolverine had lost his memory - Stryker had shot him in the head with adamantium bullets while LaBeau was away. As the ambulances and police arrived, Gambit tried to get Wolverine to come with him, to no avail. Gambit informed him his name was "Logan", and wished him good luck before departing.
Years later, his name was on a list of mutants that Mystique scrolled through on William Stryker's computer for information on Magneto.
Remy is a thief and a gambler, but possesses a personal sense of honor, making him the most loyal of allies.
Powers and Abilities
- Kinetic Energy Conversion: Gambit can charge any object with kinetic energy, giving them explosive properties. He even prefers using playing cards or a short staff called a bo-staff. Whenever Gambit uses or is about to use his kinetic powers, both of his eyes glow bright red.
- Expert Combatant: Gambit is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant, using a unique style that combines his acrobatic skills to his kinetic powers.
- Expert Card-Thrower: Gambit is able to throw playing cards at his opponent(s) with great proficiency.
- Expert Stick Fighter: Gambit can proficiently wield a bo-staff.
- Expert Acrobat: Gambit is an expert acrobat, capable of feats such as free running.
- Playing Cards: Gambit can proficiently use playing cards as improvised weapons when he combines them with his kinetic energy; giving them explosive properties, although Gambit usually prefers to use playing cards when he is gambling.
- Expandable Batons: Gambit uses a pair of expandable batons to fight. They are able to combine into a bo-staff; Gambit can also combine his batons or bo-staff with his kinetic energy.
- This version of Gambit is more similar to his Ultimate counterpart than from the canon universe (Earth-616).