George is the protagonist of the Rampage games, as well as the deuteragonist and anti-hero of the 2018 live action film adaptation. He is a giant gorilla in the game series, while he is a mutated albino gorilla in the 2018 film adaptation.
George in the 2018 live-action film was portrayed by Jason Liles through motion capture.
He was once a human, but due to a mutation he went through after trying Scumlabs' Scum Soda, he turned into a hulking gorilla monster. Later, he joined Lizzie and Ralph (fellow monsters) in rampaging across the planet. Scumlabs has sent multiple gadgets and machines to stop the creatures. All these machines were destroyed, and many Scumlabs headquarters were destroyed. Scumlabs even went so far as to build cryogenic tubes to contain the creatures. This ended in failure as well, as the monsters freed each other and began another gentle rampage.
Davis Okoye, a primatologist, has been caring all of his life for George, a silverback albino gorilla, that he saved when he was a year old, at the San Diego Wildlife Sanctuary.
However, a strange genetic experiment left by the scientist Claire Wyden accidentally falls into his habitat, infecting him, causing him to grow hugely and adopt aggressive and savage behavior after a few days. Okoye assumes that the experiment had something to do with George's problem, so he along with Dr. Kate Caldwell is taken to an agency led by agent Harvey Russell who tells him about the "Rampage Project". After escaping from the sanctuary, George begins to cause panic in the city but is quickly incapacitated and taken in a cargo plane to the facilities of the agency. George, having adopted a huge force, is freed from his imprisonment and knocks down the cargo plane, causing it to crash in the middle of a field. George, along with Ralph and Lizzie begin to cause panic, death and destruction around North America, destroying everything in their path while fighting for supremacy.
Meanwhile, Okoye is forced, along with Caldwell, to find an antidote before he, along with Ralph and Lizzie cause a worldwide catastrophe. Okoye and Caldwell break into Claire Wyden's research facility and manages to find the antidote to control his savage behavior. Unfortunately, they are then stopped by Claire Wyden, who shoots Okoye and forces Caldwell to leave with her on helicopter. As soon as they get to the roof, however, George, Ralph and Lizzie arrive and start to destroy the building they are on. Okoye is revealed to be still alive as he rescues Caldwell from Wyden. Caldwell manages to put the cure in Wyden's handbag before George grabs her and drops her in his mouth, devouring her in whole. After the building is destroyed, George survives and retains his normal personality. However, Ralph and Lizzie also survived and are still rampaging. With the help of Davis, he fights both Ralph and Lizzie. He throws Ralph into a building, as Davis finds out that Ralph is able to fly. Davis shoots at Ralph, whom charges at him, only to be fooled into being grabbed by Lizzie's jaws, whom decapitates him and devours his head. Next, George fights Lizzie, but is too powerful for the former to fight against, as Davis distracts the latter by drawing attention to him, before throwing a grenade at mutated crocodile's gills, presumably killing her in the explosion, only to find out that she survived.
George saves him before Lizzie would smash Davis with her tail cub, with the crocodile throwing George into an iron bar on a wall with her tail, impaling him in the chest. Davis hops into a wrecked missile helicopter and shoots missiles at the crocodile, but is able to withstand the missiles due to the armor, so Davis accidentally corners himself as the crocodile tries to devour Davis alive. George, who somehow survived, jumps into the air with the same rebar that impaled him and uses it to impale and skewer Lizzie in the eye, killing her after screaming so loudly that it made nearly made Davis go deaf. In the aftermath, George seemingly dies from his injuries. Okoye mourns over George's death, as he looks around to see surviving people. Just then, however, George is revealed to have faked his death to make Okoye sorrowful for his amusement, due to the rapid healing factor from the mutation. George then gets up and assists survivors, as he is seen assisting people from a building.
Powers and Abilities
After a mysterious genetic experiment mutates him into a giant savage creature, George was given superhuman abilities such as enhanced strength, speed, agility, stamina, durability and the ability to heal rapidly from any physical injury.
- Gorilla Physiology: George has several physical attributes that surpasses that of most other gorillas.
- Superhuman Strength: Being capable of superhuman strength due to being exposed to the pathogen, George is able to smash through walls and break steel bars. As he grows bigger and more powerful, George's strength starts to increase. In Chicago, George is strong enough to fight off the military easily, destroy buildings and even throw military vehicles like toys with ease. During his fight with Ralph and Lizzie, he is able to hit Lizzie with part of a construction crane which sent her flying into a building, throw Ralph a considerable distance and even tear off one of Lizzie's tusks.
- Superhuman Leaps: George is able to use his powerful leg muscles to leap great heights and distances.
- Superhuman Speed and Agility: George is able to move faster since he is edited with the speed of a cheetah. He also demonstrates impressive agility as he is able to dodge military jet fire and is capable of sliding under a bridge for cover.
- Superhuman Durability: George is shown to be durable as he is able to survive a plane crash from extremely high off the ground, recover from falling with the Willis Tower and even withstand being bitten and dragged around by Ralph. George is also able to withstand attacks such as military gunfire as well as bites from Lizzie, yet he was still able to fight against her.
- Communication: George is able to use sign language to communicate as Davis Okoye is currently the only human he trusts with this form of communication.
- Climbing: Like all gorillas, George is a master of climbing as he is able to scale buildings such as the Willis Tower.
- Intelligence: George is an extremely intelligent gorilla, which grants him an advantage over Ralph and Lizzie. He coordinates with Davis to battle both monsters, and ultimately kills Lizzie by stabbing her with a metal spike after he fails to pierce her armored hide. He is also able to trick Davis into thinking he died from his wounds, although it is revealed that George was actually playing dead.
- Weapon Proficiency: George is proficient in handling any type of object that he can use as tools or weapons against opponents, seen as he was able to knock down Lizzie with a construction crane and even used a metal spike he was impaled on as a spear to penetrate through one of her eyes.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Due to being infected by the pathogen, George possesses an accelerated healing factor that enables him to regenerate, shown when he completely heals from slash wounds during a fight with a grizzly bear. During his battle with Lizzie, George is impaled on a piece of rebar, but recovers from that after he removes it.
In the 2018 film, George always showed a gentle and charismatic behavior in front of everyone in the sanctuary, but after being infected, he has shown fierce and aggressive behavior.
- In the 2018 film, George is depicted as an albino gorilla who is very similar to King Kong.