Ghostfreak is the Omnitrix's DNA sample of an Ectonurite from the planet Anur Phaetos.
He was voiced by Steve Blum in the Original Series and Ominverse, Jeff Bennett in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. Blum also voiced Garazeb Orrelios in Star Wars Rebels, Heatblast in Ben 10, Green Lantern in Injustice 2 and Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat X and Mortal Kombat 11.
Ghostfreak is a grey ghost-like alien with black lines all over his body, hands that resemble to claws and one purple eyes, and a ghost-like tail. He also has black tentacles with white stripes when removing his skin.
Powers and Abilities
- Ghost Physiology:
- Levitation: Ghostfreak can fly and hover into the air.
- Intangibility: Ghostfreak can pass through solid objects and walls, It also make him safe from physical attacks.
- Movable Eye: Ghostfreak can move his eye around his body through the lines on his body.
- Invisibility: Ghostfreak is capable of making himself invisible.
- Possession: Ghostfreak can enter and control the bodies of living beings and can also use their superpowers while possessing them.
- Tentacles: Ghostfreak can released tentacles from his protective skin.
- Telekinesis: Ghostfreak possesses telekinesis abilities as he is able to manipulate objects, but he can only this ability in true form and without his protective skin.
- Energy Beam Projection: Ghostfreak can project energy beams from his chest and hands, but he can only use this ability in true form and without his protective skin.
- Sharp Teeth: In true form, Ghostfreak possesses sharp teeth.
- Sharp Claws: Ghostfreak possesses razor sharp claws.
- Zero Mana/Life-Force Energy: Ghostfreak possesses no life energy/Mana in the convention sense, Making him immune to energy absorption abilities.
Without his protective skin, Ghostfreak can be harm by sunlight, Sunlight will also destroy Ghostfreak turning him to ash.
Ghostfreak cannot fly fast.
Ghostfreak is vulnerable to magic.
Ghostfreak cannot possess and control mindless beings as they had no mind for him to control, Such as a zombie.
In Permantent Retirement, Ben transform into Ghostfreak to sneakout of Vera's house and went to find something to do, He finds a golt cart and decides to drivie it while cloaking himself so no one see him. Ghostfreak smells something that tracks his attenation which came from a apple pie and decides to take it, but much to his disgust, He witness a old lady leaping on the ceiling and eats a fly and leaving him suspected of the elderly people weird behavior and decides to investigate entire retirement community to seek some answers.
In The Big Tick, Ben transform into Ghostfreak to use his tentacles with sharp spikes to damage the Great One's shell, but with no effect.
Ben 10: Alien Force
In Ghost Town, Ben scanned Zs'Skayr again and transformed into Ghostfreak, but Zs'Skayr quickly regained control. With the "help" of Vilgax, however, Ghostfreak was able to revert to Ben.
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
Ghostfreak only appears in Ultimate Sacrifice, When Ben uses Ghostfreak to escaped Sentient Ultimate Spidermonkey's web by using intangibility and attempt to possess Sentient Ultimate Humungousaur, but failed since Sentient Ultimate Humungousaur say that Ben can no longer control the Ultimates. Ghostfreak was then frozen by Sentient Ultimate Big Chill.
Ben 10: Omniverse
- Ghostfreak is the only alien to have a different appearance in all four series.
- Ghostfreak has been used 17 times in the Ben 10 franchise.