This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||Gregory, be still… I think she's found us.||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy at the end of the teaser trailer.|
|“||You should be able to escape when the security doors open at 6 AM. Until then, keep moving and try not to draw attention to yourself. If there is another way out, I will help you find it. I promise.||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy vowing to protect Gregory at all costs.|
|“||Way to go, superstar! I knew you could do it.||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy praising Gregory.|
Glamrock Freddy is a major protagonist in the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, serving as the titular deuteragonist of Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach and one of the four main protagonists of its non-canon spin-off Security Breach: Fury's Rage.
He's the mascot of Freddy Fazbear's Mega PizzaPlex and Gregory's best friend who helps the child escape from the homicidal animatronics rampaging around his location. He's currently one of the few animatronics in the entire franchise to be a full-on hero.
He is voiced by Kellen Goff, whom voiced several of Freddy's counterparts throughout the franchise as well as Senpai from Night Is Short, Walk on Girl and Wind Archer Cookie from Cookie Run: Kingdom.
Glamrock Freddy is based off the original Freddy Fazbear, but with an early UK 1970s vibe. Similar to Toy Freddy, he has a top hat, now with a thin blue stripe just above its brim. His microphone is now on a stand in which Glamrock Freddy holds, and is a more rectangular shape. A light blue stripe is seen in the center of his bottom jaw. Around Glamrock Freddy's eyes is sky blue face-paint with a thinner bright red outline. Glamrock Freddy's teeth also resemble more of what actual bear teeth look like, having 4 sharp fangs and a lower row of teeth. Additionally, he has a red earring on his left ear and a light blue lightning bolt on his chest.
From what can be gathered is that, unlike the other animatronics in the game, or any animatronic in the franchise for that matter, Glamrock Freddy is genuinely nice and well meaning. He is shown to be protective, given how he wants Gregory to be safe while he is trapped inside the Pizza Plex and keeps him away from Vanny at all costs. He also is quite apologetic towards Gregory, and apologies to the child even when he has done nothing wrong. Freddy greatly cares for his bandmates, even after they become agressive and violent. This is demonstrated when he is hesitant to take the upgrades that would help him, since they are for his friends.
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
Glamrock Freddy is the lead singer in the Glamrock band, and is also involved with the Faz-Blast attraction alongside the other Glamrock Animatronics. This area appears to be a laser tag arena featuring large cutouts of Glamrock Freddy, Montgomery Gator, Glamrock Chica, and Roxanne Wolf.
Glamrock Freddy's role in the game is vastly different from previous Freddy incarnations, as he acts as a supporting protagonist by helping Gregory hide from Vanny and the other animatronics.
Throughout the game Gregory can hide inside Glamrock Freddy's torso hatch to hide from the other hostile animatronics. However, Gregory can only do this for a limited amount of time, as Glamrock Freddy's battery can run out, and he won't be able to use him until the start of the next hour. Also, if he's inside Freddy when he runs out of battery, he will malfunction and accidentally cause his death. Gregory can, however, find a Recharging Station to recharge him.
Gregory can upgrade Glamrock Freddy in Parts and Service, after he is dragged there by the Daycare Attendant. These upgrades include Roxy's eyes, which help Glamrock Freddy see gift boxes, message bags, and CDs through the walls, Monty's claws, which help Glamrock Freddy open chained gates marked with a "No Monty" sign, and Glamrock Chica's voicebox, which can stun S.T.A.F.F. Bots and makes the other 3 flee when used.
However, Gregory must be careful when upgrading Glamrock Freddy, as he is not himself when his head is detatched from the rest of his body, and if he makes a mistake in the repairing process, Glamrock Freddy will jumpscare him.
At 6am, Glamrock Freddy will give Gregory a choice; either leave the Pizzaplex and live his life, stay at the Pizzaplex, or solve the mystery of Vanny.
- If he chooses to stay and pursue the Real Ending, Gregory and Glamrock Freddy head down into the sewers, where a sinkhole containing an abandoned Freddy Fazbear's location resides. Once in a while during the final confrontation, Glamrock Freddy will glitch out, trying to fight Burntrap's control. At this point, he mustn't hide inside of Glamrock Freddy or he will lose control and kill him. Afterwards, Glamrock Freddy escapes with Gregory out into the world, away from the burnt down Pizzaplex.
- In the Savior Ending, Gregory puts Glamrock Freddy's head in a bag, and takes him outside, where they appear to Vanessa.
- If they pursue the Superstar Ending, Glamrock Freddy is destroyed by Vanny's S.T.A.F.F. Bots. Gregory goes back to Glamrock Freddy after Vanny's demise, where he utters his caring last words, "You are my superstar," then shuts off.
- In the Protector Ending, Glamrock Freddy burns down the gift shop with a lighter in his finger, then when both he and Gregory go up to the roof, Glamrock Freddy runs off the roof, taking Vanny down with him to save Gregory.
|“||I have never been allowed in here before. This must be where I was born. Look at all the endos. They are all the same… Have I always been a Freddy? Am I Monty with a different shell? What if I am not the first Glamrock Freddy? Are there more of me at other pizzerias? Do we all feel the same? Am I special? If I am mass produced, am I still art?||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy upon entering a room full of endoskeletons.|
|“||I do not come up here anymore. I miss him.||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy about Bonnie.|
|“||I know what this is. I have been here before. She brought me here. I found myself for the first time when I cleared the path. I did not want to, but I had no choice. Now, I have a choice. I have changed. My friends are here. They are so angry… confused… but I can protect you. I AM NOT ME.||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy upon entering Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place.|
- Glamrock Freddy is the second animatronic in the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise who directly assists the protagonist, the first being Circus Baby from Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location. However, she revealed that she was only pretending to be on the player's side until the end of the game.
- With that being said, Glamrock Freddy is the first animatronic of the franchise who genuinely wants to help the player with no ulterior motives.
- Before it was revealed that Glamrock Freddy wasn't going to be an antagonist, there were various hints that he was going to be helping Gregory rather than trying to attack him. One of which is his 12'' statue, where he can be seen trying to hide from Vanny with Gregory in his chest compartment.
- Glamrock Freddy is one of the very few characters that help the player in any way in the franchise.
- Apparently, Glamrock Freddy feels and cares about the members of his quartet, as he hesitates when receiving upgrades from Gregory, and also misses his (probably) friend Glamrock Bonnie.
- Freddy's chest compartment is referred to as a "Birthday Cake Hatch" on the Playstation Blog.
- Freddy will be appearing in the AR mobile game, and it's unknown if he'll still be a protagonist as he is in "Security Breach".
- Freddy's relationship with Gregory is similar to Baloo's and Mowgli's from Disney's animated film "The Jungle Book”.
- It’s been speculated that Freddy is possessed by the soul of Michael Afton, the older brother of crying child and Elizabeth Afton, as he said that he first changed (or "found himself" as he puts it) when he visited Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place before he met Gregory.
- Due to Glamrock Freddy’s popularity, many of his fans wish to see him more; it’s unknown if he and Gregory will have their own spin off series or will be appearing in the next G8 story.
- Despite assisting Gregory through most of his adventure, Glamrock Freddy will attack him, although not under his own free will. The only times this will happen is when he runs out of power with Gregory inside his chest cavity or when the latter makes a mistake when trying to upgrade him. It can also happen if Freddy becomes corrupted by Burntrap in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place.
- Glamrock Freddy will tell Gregory that he is not "quite himself" while being reassembled, hinting that he might lose control of his actions and attack.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
Five Nights at Freddy's: The Novel Series