|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Glenn Quagmire contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|~ Glenn Quagmire's catchphrase.|
|~ Glen Quagmire's second catchphrase|
Glenn Quagmire (born Glenn Quagglechek) is a character in Family Guy. He is the sex-crazed, perverted neighbor of the Griffins. Quagmire is a former ensign of the U.S. Navy, where he met Peter Griffin. In Meet the Quagmires, it is established that he already knew Peter and his future wife Lois Pewterschmidt. He currently works as an airline pilot.
Quagmire is roughly 5'8" tall in Blind Ambition and 61 years old according to his driver's license in FOX-y Lady. He explains that he makes himself look younger by consuming carrots. Glenn currently resides at 29 Spooner Street, Quahog, Rhode Island.
His catchphrase "Giggity" has been used many times in popular culture since the beginning of the show in 1999, such as the January 4, 2011 episode of Around the Horn.
- Protective with his family, especially his sister Brenda.
- Blind Ambition - Saved a girl from dying of a heart attack, even though he didn't know what CPR meant.
- Airport '07 - Saved an entire plane's crew and passengers after Peter's Plan to have Glenn regain his job backfired.
- Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q. - Killed Jeffery Fecalman to save his sister.
- He helped Meg Griffin defeat Michael Pulaski.
- In "Brian the Closer", Quagmire gives Brian Griffin the number of his dentist, so that Brian could have the new teeth, here it turns out that Quagmire's hatred for Brian doesn't cloud his moral judgement. Unfortunantly, Brian Later gets a job as a realtor and Cons Quagmire into buying a terrible condo run down dump and was completely misrepresented. Brian has ducked out to hide for the 72 hours escape clause. When the 72 hours is up, an outraged Quagmire knocks Brian's teeth out with a lamp. How he got his money back is unknown.
- In some episodes, Quagmire developed a tolerance towards Brian in certain social situations without either of them being mean towards one another.
- In "The Heartbreak Dog", he wasn’t against Brian and Bonnie being together.
- Through a spy cam, he learned about Pouncy's true nature, believing Brian's words and warned him about how cats control over their owners through parasitic means which turns them into a 'Crazy Cat Lady', where he also got infected along the way. But still intervened after Brian failed to stop Meg, taking on the sweater for himself in admitting that he's already too far gone.
- In the recent seasons, he hates Brian for some mistakes that he has committed in the past. Whenever these two interact, Quagmire has been very rude to Brian, despite Brian's attempts to be polite, treating him like he is much more of a jerk than he really is. It usually ends where Quagmire quickly points out Brian's faults, or he inadvertently causes a situation that makes Quagmire hate him even more so along with the fact Brian gets beaten up by Quagmire. It's possible that the real reason that Quagmire no longer likes Brian is because he's simply a dog, as Quagmire developed an attraction to cats. This hatred turns into relationship of frenemies (are friends and enemies at the same time) which was shown in some later episodes where they're seen together hanging out with Peter, Joe and Cleveland. Eventually, in one of the episodes in Season 18, Cat Fight, after Brian succeeded in shutting down Quagmire's cat cafe and getting into a fight, Brian gets struck by a bus and Quagmire then comes to patch him up. Quagmire states he wanted to do something good and Brian puts on an emotional support animal vest to go for a walk with him. Therefore, ending their rivalry for good. However, in season 19 episodes La Famiglia Guy and Fecal Matters, they're still frenemies.