|“||This. This what I am this who I am come hell or high water if I deny it I deny everything I've ever done everything I ever fought for.||„|
|~ Green Arrow.|
|“||At my core, I wasn't a hero. I was a hunter.||„|
|~ Green Arrow.|
|“||I've failed this city. I've left it alone and left the people I should be protecting exposed. I'm never going to let that happen again.||„|
|~ Prime-Earth Green Arrow.|
Green Arrow (real name Oliver Jonas Queen), is a fictional character and superhero in the DC Comics and Universe, and a prominent member of the Justice League.
Growing up in a life of luxury and wealth, Oliver was once a spoiled billionaire until he was stranded on a deserted island. Oliver used the situation to survive and improve his archery skills, and eventually returned to become a vigilante to stop crime and threats. Since becoming the Green Arrow, he has become the partner of Black Canary and Roy Harper, and on Prime Earth, he is the half-brother to Emiko Queen, who would take on the mantle of Red Arrow. He is the leader of his own team, and has also been a member of the Justice League, the Justice League Task Force, and the Outsiders.
Since his debut, the character appears in animated films, television series, arcade and video games as well as other DC-related merchandise. In the Smallville television series, he was portrayed by Justin Hartley. In the Arrowverse television series Arrow, he was portrayed by Stephen Amell. The show was the first one to create several television series starring different superheroes within the Arrowverse.
He was created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, and first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 in November of 1941.
Much like Batman, Oliver Queen was born into a life of luxury. Unlike the Caped Crusader, Oliver grew up a spoiled billionaire. But he was in for the rude awakening of his life. While on a yacht trip, Oliver was stranded on a deserted island for one year. Rather than let nature take its course, the young man decided to make the best of the situation; He remembered his love of archery from his childhood, so Oliver created specialized arrows to use for catching food and taught himself the ways of the archer.
He also made a suit of palm tree leaves for clothes. Escaping from the island via commandeering a boat from a crew of criminals (who mockingly referred to him as Green Arrow due to his suit). Oliver decided he would use his new skills to fight crime under the alias of the Green Arrow. Years later, after being robbed of his fortune and company by a corrupt partner, Oliver became more of an anti-hero. He was willing to break the law in order to protect innocent people. Over all though, he is still a super hero, taking down not only supervillains, but every day villains as well.
Oliver Jonas Queen is the son of Robert and Moira Queen, and as a young child, idolized Robin Rood. Oliver was a natural archer, and frequently practiced with his bow and arrows, but was traumatized the first time he accidently killed an animal. When his mother and father where being mauled by lions in a safari, Oliver's hesitation cost them their lives.
Afterward, Oliver was raised by his uncle and inherited his parents' fortune and business, and grew being a thrill-seeking playboy. One day, Oliver fell off of his boat into the middle of the ocean, and washed onto Starfish Island. Oliver held onto his bow that he used to keep himself afloat, and became a skilled hunter to survive on the isolated island. The experience taught him not to take life for granted, something he did during his time as a drunken playboy, and he became a self-reliant person.
Becoming a Hero
When he discovered drug smugglers on the island ran by China White, Oliver attacked and destroyed their heroin operation. He delivered them to the authorities before returning, and decided to become a crime fighter with his abilities and vast wealth and resources. After getting a nicknamed from the press, he decided to make his mission to protect Star City from criminals and evil threats.
Green Arrow came upon Roy Harper, who idolized him, and was an archer himself who wanted to become Oliver's sidekick after his mentor was dying. After seeing Harper handle his own against several thugs, Oliver adopted Roy as his ward, and made him his sidekick named Speedy. Harper would later join the Teen Titans, a superhero team that were youths, including Robin and Aqualad.
Green Arrow became a member of the Justice League, although there are multiple versions of how he joined the team. In the Silver Age, Oliver joined after he rescued the Justice League from the alien Xandor, but the Post-Crisis stories retconned Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman out of the story. Queen Enterprise secretly funded the League, and never revealed his identity and spoke through them by Simon Carr. Eventually, the Justice League decided to allow him in, and voted him as their sixth member. In Infinite Crisis, Green Arrow joined the same time Black Canary joined, and proved their worth by fighting against the League of Assassins.
Powers and Abilities
Green Arrow has no superpowers, but is so skilled an archer, he's been dubbed the world's greatest archer.
- Peak Human Condition: Oliver wanted to get himself at the peak of his condition, and spent his fortune to hire the world's greatest martial artist, notably Deathstroke's trainer, Natas.
- Master Archer: Green Arrow is a phenomenal archer, and he claims he is able to shoot twenty-nine arrows per minute. He is capable of shooting an arrow down a barrel of a gun, and hit a drop of water when it leaves from a tap. Though he is capable of hitting his targets to kill, he refers not to, and choose to wound his targets.
- Marksmanship: Though a master marksman when using firearms such as handguns or machine guns, he prefers not to use them.
- Master Acrobat: Oliver is an excellent athlete, being able to dodge bullets in seconds.
- Master Martial Artist: Green Arrow is a master combatant, being proficient in serval forms of combat, such as karate and judo. He is capable of taking multiple foes on at once, and was trained by Natas, the person who trained Deathstroke.
- Swordsmanship: Green Arrow is a master swordsman, and beat Jason Todd in a sword fight, and deflected a arrow with a sword.
- Stick Mastery: Green Arrow is skilled in using sticks in fighting, being able to gain the upper hand against Arsenal.
- Hunting Skills: Oliver is a master hunter, as he learned how to when having to survive by himself. His hunting skills are so great that he was able to be not noticed when hunting a cougar.
- Master Pilot: Green Arrow is a master pilot, being able to fly his own airplane and other types.
- Master Politician: Oliver is a expert politician, as he ran for office to become the mayor of Star City.
- In Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, an alternate version named "Archer" was voiced by Jim Meskimen.
- In The Dark Knight Returns, he was voiced by Robin Atkin Downes.
- In Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League, he was voiced by Phil Morris.
- In Injustice, he was voiced by Reid Scott.
- In Super Friends, he was voiced by the late Norman Alden.
- In Justice League Unlimited, he was voiced by Kin Shriner.
- In The Batman, he was voiced by Chris Hardwick.
- Hardwick reprised his voice for the character in Lego Dimensions.
- In Smallville, he was portrayed by Justin Hartley.
- In Batman: The Brave and the Bold, he was voiced by James Arnold Taylor.
- In DC Showcase: Green Arrow, he was voiced by Neal McDonough, who also played Dum Dum Dugan in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Damien Darhk in the Arrowverse.
- In Young Justice, he was voiced by Alan Tudyk, who also voiced K-2SO in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- Tudyk reprised his voice for the character in the Injustice series and Infinite Crisis.
- In the Arrowverse, he was portrayed by Stephen Amell, who also played Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
- Amell reprised his voice for the character in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
- In Justice League Action, he was voiced by Chris Diamantopoulos.
- Diamantopoulos previously voiced the character in the Batman: Unlimited animated films.
- In DC Super Hero Girls, he was voiced by Eddie Perino.
- In Justice League Heroes, he was Ralph Garman.
- In DC Universe Online, he was David Jennison.
- He is similar to Hawkeye from Marvel comics.
Arsenal | Atomic Knight | Batgirl | Batman | Black Lightning | Captain Boomerang, Jr. | Captain Marvel, Jr. | Catwoman | Creeper | Dervish | Doctor Light | Eradicator | Faust | Francine Langstrom | Freight Train | Geo-Force | Grace Choi | Green Arrow | Halo | Huntress | Indigo | Jade | Katana | Looker | Martian Manhunter | Metamorpho | Nightwing | Owlman | ReMac | Shift | Signal | Starfire | Technocrat | Terra | Thunder | Windfall | Wylde