|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Gyomei Himejima contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Even if the mark had not appeared, as long as you are in the Demon Slayer Corps there is no guarantee you will live to tomorrow. Why would I cling to life at this point? No one becomes a Hashira with such half-hearted resolve. What teeth-grinding insult... Makes me feel as if my colon is being severed.||„|
|~ Gyomei Himejima to Kokushibo|
Gyomei Himejima is a supporting character in the 2016-2020 fantasy horror manga series Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is the Stone Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps.
He is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita in Japanese and Crispin Freeman in English.
Gyomei is a hulking figure among the Demon Slayers. He is one of the show 'top protagonists, standing effortlessly over his fellow Hashira. He is extremely muscular and powerfully built. He has black spiky hair, and a prominent scar that runs across his forehead horizontally. He has been blind with no irises nor pupils.
He wears a traditional black and white Demon Slayer Corps uniform with an olive-green gladi draped over his shoulders. He also wears around his neck a large-beaded necklace and holds ojuzu when he is not engaged in combat.
|“||Why would I understand? We (Demon hunters) take in pride in living and dying as humans. Don't you impose your petty opinion upon others.||„|
|~ Gyomei refusing Kokushibou's offer to become a Demon|
- Gyomei Himejima is often presented with tears flowing down on his face.
- Gyomei likes cats, a characteristic which he has in common with the Love Hashira, Mitsuri Kanroji.
- Besides Muichiro and Shinobu, Gyomei is the only Hashira to have a personal connection to Upper Rank 6, Kaigaku, one of the orphaned kids under at the temple under Gyomei's care, and would later be directly responsible for inviting a demon to the temple, which led to the death of all kids except Sayo.
- Tomokazu Sugita also voiced Joseph Joestar in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Daisuke Nagase in the Persona Franchise, Marlo Freudenberg in Attack on Titan, Tanaka Gundham in the Danganropa Franchise, Escanor in The Seven Deadly Sins, Gueldre Poizot in Black Clover, Ryūki in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations and Kensei Mugurama in Bleach.
- Besides both possessing formidable combat skills, Gyomei and Kokushibou share some additional similarities:
- Gyomei and Kokushibou are right-hands to their respective lords who answers directly to them.
- Both are deemed to be the strongest agents in their respective organizations.
- Both are in charge of maintaining law and order between members of their respective organizations.
- Both are deemed to be the oldest in comparison with their other respective peers.
- Both possess knowledge how Demon Slayer Corps functions.