|“||Dad and Mom work hard for me in order to not let me feel uncomfortable. They did everything for me. They brought me the best doctors and this wheelchair is very expensive. In fact... I don't really want anything else, I just want to stay with my dad and mom.||„|
|~ Helen, in "That's What Friends Are For".|
Helen is Christopher Thorndyke's love interest from Sonic X. Helen was born with a condition that restricts her to a wheelchair and has spent much of her life as a paraplegic.
She was voiced by Noriko Hidaka in the Japanese version, and by Amy Birnbaum in the English version.
Helen is a young girl who, despite being confined to a wheelchair, thrives for adventure. She showed very little fear when Sonic pushed her chair faster then anyone else and carried her higher then she's usually used to going.
She's a very kind and considerate person. She also has a huge love for flowers and enjoys catching lizards, snakes, and bugs, much to her friend Danny's disgust.
Her personality is a little more outgoing in the scenes shown of her six years later. She acts more sarcastic and is a bit more excitable when speaking with Chris.
She turned out to excel in the field of science along with Chris. It's speculated that Chris is the better of the two when it comes to their field but she made it clear that she was the one better at driving.
Sonic and Helen are good friends. They became good friends where Sonic abandoned a dinner with the President and went to the "date" with Helen.
In the Season 3, there are three signs that they fell in love with each other:
- When Chris wrote a card when he'll go to Sonic's World, he wrote "For all the people I love: Mama, Papa, Grandpa, Danny, Frances and you... Helen."
- In Season 3, when Danny, Frances and Helen tried to bring Chris back, they failed and went to their own homes. When Helen was "walking", she said: "Chris..."
- In episode 65 when Lilim asked Chris if he loves someone, Chris said: "No, I don't have anyone in mind..." But he said so nervously that he laughed a lot. Lilim said to Chris: "I can tell by your face that you're lying", Chris laughed but it was true.
- Her appearance is similar to Maria Robotnik
- Despite being paralyzed from the waist down, Helen has shown to be very adventurous at times, like laughing when she and Sonic nearly fell off a cliff, and shown to catch lizards, snakes, and bugs.
- "My Mom and dad work hard for me in order to not let me feel uncomfortable. They did everything for me. They brought me the best doctors and this wheelchair is very expensive. In fact... I don't really want anything else. just want to stay with my dad and mom. But I'm feeling really happy today! I've never felt so nervous before." - Helen said to Sonic.
Sonic the Hedgehog
House of the Dead
Super Monkey Ball