|Kamen Rider Black finds the lack of categories on this page suspicious, and suspects it may be a Gorgom plot.|
Help by adding new categories to the article!
Higsby is one of the supporting characters of the Mega Man Battle Network series, along with NumberMan.EXE. He made his debut in the first Mega Man Battle Network game, where he was a former villain. His NetNavi is NumberMan.EXE.
Higsby is the mentor that also runs the local battlechip shop. In the first game, he used to be a member of World Three and tried to brainwash the local ACDC Elementary School into becoming World Three servants. Since that failed attempt, he washed his hands of the World Three and becomes a close ally to Lan and MegaMan's group. Likewise, his reason for joining Team Colonel is to be as strong as its team members so that he can protect Ms. Mari when she's in trouble.
- Although Higsby knows how dangerous Dark Chips are and even freaks out at seeing one, in MegaMan Battle Network 5 the player can obtain a Dark Chip from the Number Lotto in his shop.
- In MegaMan Battle Chip Challenge, Higsby's shop provides the option to "Get info", which means to receive advice on gameplay. The varying pieces of information are shown at random and there's a chance that Higsby will say: "Sigh... Ms. Mari...".
- In MegaMan Battle Network 5, it's revealed that the decorations in his store are all handmade by Higsby himself.
- In MegaMan Battle Network 3, Higsby's username when posting on a BBS is "HigHig".
- Higsby's villainous actions in the anime are far less despicable than they were in the game where he merely holds Mayl, Dex, Yai, and Ms. Mari hostage to get Yai's rare chips instead of brainwashing every kid in school and trapping Ms. Mari in the supply closet. It helps that the anime Higsby wasn't a WWW member.
Mega Man Classic
Mega Man X
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man Battle Network/NT Warrior
Mega Man Star Force