|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Horizon Initiative contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Horizon Initiative, also known as the HI, is an organization in the same universe as the SCP Foundation. It's a religious organization formed by the main three Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam), who operate in the name of God and his creation, either contain or destroy anomalous objects.
The Initiative was formed in the 1960's, presumably as a spiritual counterpart to the more "secular" SCP Foundation and Global Occult Coalition. Still, alongside the SCP Foundation and the Global Occult Coalition, they serve as the main defenssive line for humanity against the anomalous.
The group is led by a tribunal composed of leaders from all three faiths, though this tribunal does not always have full control of the organization, since there is a large amount of internal strife (likely from the more radicals of each faith).
In groups main combat force is Project Malleus, that is usually deployed in anti-cult operations and in anomaly retrieval operations. Anomalies are either contained or destroyed by the group, depending how the fit into the overall dogma of the three faiths theology.
The group has a mixed relrationship with the the Foundation and GOC, as some sects of the HI view them as "godless" and "immora" groups, while others are willing to ally themselves with the Foundation.
The Divisions of the Horizon Initiative
- The Tribunal: The council that leads the Horizon Initiative, consisiting of three representatives of each three faiths. The current three are named Samuel, Adnan and Bernard.
- The Scribe Coprs: They are thelibrarians, researchers, archivists, and clerical staff of the HI, who mainly work on translaiting & analyzing different types of scripture.
- The Shepherd Corps: The Field Agents of the HI, who lives among the civilian population, usually working in pairs of two.
- Project Mallus (The Wolves): The HI's combat force. They are ready to both kill and die without question for the HI, which unsettles others in the group. Could be considered the HI's counterpart to the SCP Foundation's Mobile Task Force Alpha-1 ("Red Right Hand").
Religious belief of members
- Roman Catholic
- Eastern Orthodox Church
- Episcopal Church
- Evangelicalism (Minority)
- Congregationalism (Minority)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Minority)
- Most groups and sects of Judaism are present in the HI
- The HI, the Foundation, GOC and some sects of the Church of the Broken God have formed a secret alliance known as the "Triumvirate", in order to combat Sarkicism.
- It's unknown if they know of SCP-001.