Howard Weinerman is the deuteragonist and the main anti-hero of Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja. He is best friends with Randy Cunningham and is a freshman at Norrisville High. He is a loyal and loud-mouthed lazy guy and is very emotional. He sometimes dislikes his snobbish older sister, Heidi. He is very nice and supportive, despite being a huge jerk in many episodes.
Howard unlike Randy is somewhat more chubby, which comes from laziness. He has orange hair like his sister Heidi. He is almost always wearing a t-shirt with a squid on it.
Howard can be described as a loyal, loud-mouthed lazy guy. He is also very emotional when his food is ruined or damaged.. It is also revealed that he is aware he's less intelligent than Randy, since he laughed with Randy when Randy suggested for Howard try to come up with an idea, though he has shown some intelligence as he knew how many scoville units a Habanero pepper was in McFists of Fury. He can also be a jerk, as shown in So U Think U Can Stank when he aggressively rejects participants for little to no reason, thus turning them into monsters. He also gets angry at Randy often, since it appears that his fault is the cause of their arguments.
- For his early concept designs, Howard had dark hair, but his final official design has orange hair which Randy had previously in his concepts.
- Howard is the first character in the show to find out that Randy is the Ninja.
- He and Randy has a band named 30 Seconds to Math which is a parody of 30 Seconds To Mars in the episode of the same name.
- He was dressed as Viceroy for Halloween in "Dawn of the Driscoll" and "Night of the Living McFizzles."
- He was chosen to play the ninja in "Monster Drill" by Principal Slimovitz.
- In the episode, "Stanks Like Teen Spirit," Howard is seen to be considerably skilled at chess even though he has no idea what the chess pieces are called.
- According to McFist, Howard’s selfish and jerky behavior reminds McFist of himself, implying that Howard and McFist have a lot in common when he was younger.
- Both are students at Norisville high where McFist attended there in 1985 and Howard currently attended there as a freshman.
- Both have friends who are loyal to them, despite their jerky behavior towards them (Howard with Randy and McFist with Vicroy).
- In additional many fans speculate that McFist knew Mac Antfee (The Ninja of 1985) and think McFist was Howard of 1985 and Mac was the Randy of 1985. If this is true this would explain how McFist got into contact with the Sorcerer.