This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Ichika Orimura contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||This is for Rin, Houki, Chifuyu and everyone else I care about. I will protect all of you.||„|
|~ Ichika Orimura|
Ichika Orimura is the main protagonist of the light novel and anime series Infinite Stratos. He is a first year student at the Infinite Stratos Academy and the only male who can operate the Infinite Stratos arms system. He is the younger brother of Chifuyu Orimura and the twin brother of Madoka Orimura. Ichika seeks to prove himself as a skilled Infinite Stratos operator as he views himself as otherwise weak and unimportant.
He gotten attractions from every single girls from the All-Girl school, IS Academy who are in love with him due to being Chifuyu's younger brother and the only man who can operate Infinite Stratos including his childhood friends, Houki Shinonono and Huang Lingyin but made all of the girls became love rivals to gain his affection and nonetheless to marry him.
He is voiced by Kōki Uchiyama in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Josh Grelle in the English version of the anime.
Ichika is a young boy of average height (170cm) with short black hair (blue in the anime) that is parted in the middle, dark brown eyes and a slim but trained body. He commonly wears his IS Academy uniform. For IS practice, he wears a black tank top, revealing his stomach and tight-fitting bermuda shorts. On his right wrist, is Byakushiki's Closed Form:
Having been raised (suggested to be Spartan-trained) by Chifuyu, Ichika has learned to be polite to all girls and respectful to those older than him, and is generally very kind, which is what causes most of the girls in the series to develop feeling for him. However, he is not very bright and quite dense, which results in him often making insensitive remarks that result in him getting beat up by a member of his harem, usually Houki or Rin.
Although he often comes off as a pushover, Ichika does not take any insults to his family or his country lightly, as shown when he first met Cecilia; she was commenting on how a commoner from Japan could handle the class representative, causing him to retort that her country isn't anything special either, even asking how many times her country won the award for worst cooking. When Laura slapped him, he reacted angrily by shouting at her why she did that (LN), and when she used the VT System to copy Chifuyu's data and Yukihira, he wanted to punch Laura, without her IS, as much as he could). He believes, when questioned by Laura, that his strength is his freedom to choose and helping those around him. This is shown when he chose to protect a ship of fishermen who were illegally poaching during the mission against the Silver Gospel.
Ichika can be extremely clueless when it comes to the feelings the girls have for him, as more often than not, he is more worried of the fact that being the only male who can pilot an IS, he does not know the requirements of controlling it, and the fact he has to live among a very large group of girls (he even told Charles that he was very glad that another male transferred in). He believes that there is absolutely no chance for him to get a girlfriend, as he told Chifuyu that he would not be able to match any of the girls' perfect sides (not knowing that he is the type of guy all the girls want). However, in the light novels especially, there are hints that Ichika's not quite as oblivious as he lets on, with Charlotte even suspecting that he's doing it purpose.
Ichika is a person who doesn't seem to be able to facilitate implication in daily life. When it comes to things like holding hands or old promises, for example, Ichika tends to misinterpret or is even completely unaware of the implications of his actions and their respective circumstances, such as turning what one of the girls hopes to be a date into a group activity. This quirk often earns him stress on both the mental and physical level from the girls around him. He is the type who learns with his body rather than his head, as more often than not, he tends to surprise his fellow classmates with questions on matters they take for granted (like when he first met Cecilia, his first question was "What is a Representative Candidate?", causing the other students to do a comical collapse). After sometime, he is able to understand basic fundamentals of IS to help him get by (he is aware, for instance, that his IS has no available bus-slots for an Equalizer).
Ichika has shown to be a very passionate person willing to accept any kind of circumstance for something he has done as long as it was something he either believes in or wants to do. He is willing to help companions or, in general, others as long as it is something he is willing to do. His emotions can get the best of him, and this has happened on several occasions. He was even like this in his childhood. However, his blockheadedness and reckless behavior are flaws that come with his saving grace. That quality is his overpowering will, confidence and passion. He may not be too smart, but he can do what he has to do when he wants.
Ichika Orimura is the younger brother of Chifuyu Orimura, a prodigy IS operator. Chifuyu raised her brother after their parents abandon them. Ichikia was kidnapped by the IS pirate force Phantom Task while Chifuyu was in the midst of the prestigious Mondo Grosso tournament. Chifuyu had to forfeit her place to save her brother. Ever since the ordeal Ichika has seen himself as weak and a burden to his older sister. Ichika is the only known male who can operate the IS system and in order to prove himself and make up to Chifuyu for his folding her back, Ichika has enrolled at the Infinite Stratos academy to become a professional.
Because of the interface limitation Ichika is naturally the only male student. He tends to be awkward and seemingly oblivious around girls. He is tolerated by the teachers because of his bizarre ability to use IS, but his station as the sole male causes him a variety of social and romantic complications from his fellow students.
Infinite Stratos & Abilities
Currently he is the only male in the entire world who is able to operate an IS. Why that is, nobody knows. Even Tabane, the genius who created IS, is also pleasantly surprised as to why he can activate the Byakushiki, since, by right, a male should have zero relation to IS. Due to this, the government is willing to give him his own personal IS, so as to gather data on him.
As stated by his sister in the novel & episode 2, his IS seems to be more offensive in tactics than most, given that he could use the Barrier Void attack that helped his sister win the first Mondo Grosso. But because of this, he is forced to limit his power during class tournaments and practice, due to the amount of damage that could be inflicted on his opponent (He can potentially injure/kill the opponent).
Byakushiki (白式?, lit. Type "White") is a 3.5 - 4th Generation Close Range Combat Type developed by Kuromochi Machinery Development and is used by Ichika Orimura. It contains the very first IS core ever made, Core Number 001. Its basic armaments are.
1. The Yukihira Type 2
2. Fold-Out Armor
Byakushik's special abilities
1. Ignition Boost
2. Reiraku Byakuya
3. Barrier Void Attack
2nd Shift, Armaments and Abilities
Ichika's Byakushiki under goes a transformation where it's armor changes and becomes much more powerful. Bayushiki's 2nd shift form is called Bayushiki Setsura, Its armaments are,
- A large caliber charged particle cannon
- An energy claw for CQC
- An energy shield with One Off attribute
Overall Franchise Role
NOTICE: The main purpose of the "Overall Franchise Role" section is to highlight the frequent discussions, debates, and arguments of Ichika's verbal and physical abuse that is mentioned everywhere in the Internet (YouTube, Reddit, DeviantArt, etc.). This is NOT to serve as a final judgement or comprehensive reception of Infinite Stratos in a general perspective. Those kinds of thoughts, responses, and sentiments toward the IS franchise (Anime, Manga, Light Novel, etc.) are up to the individual viewer and questioning newcomers. Therefore, the "Overall Franchise Role" portion WON'T be featured in the article of Ichika Orimura within the "Infinite Stratos Wiki" as that wiki is to essentially serve as one of the valid sources for Infinite Stratos' information (Synopsis, Characters, Locations, IS Units, etc.) instead of to share one's opinions about specific features whether positive, negative, or neutral.
Despite being the male protagonist and displaying genuine kindness to his family, "so-called" friends, and a lot of people, Ichika Orimura is constantly mistreated cruelly by his (predominantly) possessive, mean-spirited, selfish, jealous, irresponsible, inconsiderate, ungrateful, hypocritical, unjustified, short-tempered, mentally-ill, violent, psychopathic companions (Houki Shinonono, Cecilia Alcott, Lingyin Huang, Charlotte Dunois, and Laura Bodewig) to the point of being portrayed as the scapegoat/black-sheep/punching-bag of Infinite Stratos.
Although the girls aren't completely evil and their reasons are regarding to his unbelievable denseness plus below-average intelligence, they can still be extremely unlikable due to Ichika being unfairly treated like a doormat/lightening-rod/victim from little to no reasons (especially certain times when it is not his fault or he's completely innocent). Another noticeable detail to point out is the fact that the 5 IS Girls NEVER acknowledge, correct, or (at least) criticize each other for all the inappropriate responses (either verbal, physical, or both) toward Ichika whether one or some (if not all) of them involve using IS Units or not. Instead, the IS Girls would strongly believe that all of their actions are "justified" and would join together in giving Ichika the "punishment" he deserves (from their perspectives). It is also no help that the peers around Ichika Orimura and the 5 IS Girls at the Infinite Stratos Academy (classmates, teachers, staff, etc.) frequently remain completely oblivious toward this injustice brought upon to the poor man (even when it is happening right in front of their eyes).
Whenever the girls hang out with each other (whether Ichika is there or not) and there isn't anything regarding romance involved, they all treat each other as equals like one big family by satisfying all the basic conceptions of bonding, ethnics, morality, friendship, and more. However, they'll immediately throw away those appealing concepts by once again seeing each other as enemies the moment any kind of objectives related to "winning" Ichika's heart is present. Spectators to this melancholy relationship are justified by describing it as incompetent, infuriating, despicable, unacceptable, sad, depressing, vulgar, toxic, pathetic, and much more.
Some (if not all) of their assaults toward him include the potentials of Ichika actually receiving a severe injury that could remain permanent or being brutally killed (something that the girls continuously fail to realize nor ever learn). Additionally even though Ichika is admired by many (from people at the IS Academy to the general public worldwide) and guys would generally call Ichika's position as "paradise", it should be noted that at this point anyone in Ichika's shoes would retaliate against the girls in anyway possible, remember all the horrible stuff (including pursued assassinations) they've pulled on the character, constantly question themselves if those girls are truly the person's friends, leave the Infinite Stratos Academy for a better life plus future, and develop PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) over time.
In the anime series, the worst of them all was throughout Season 2 Episode 8 when Ichika was pleaded by Tatenashi Sarashiki to pair up with Kanzashi Sarashiki. Upon learning about this, the 5 female protagonists immediately started to behave towards Ichika as their worst enemy to the point of acting like there was never a friendship between them to begin with. Being the dense and ignorant person he is, Ichika is oblivious of the main reasons regarding the girl's extreme hostile treatment towards him recently. It's unknown if they had ever apologized to Ichika for this or acknowledge how cruel they were being for petty reasons. However because of everything they have done before, it can be greatly assumed that they never did and just moved on like they're completely justified (which they really aren't at all).
Although Chifuyu Orimura doesn't abuse Ichika Orimura more often than the 5 female protagonists due to the job of being a teacher, it doesn't change the fact that her relationship with Ichika Orimura (basically one of the only things she has to call a "family") is extremely poor. Prior to the Infinite Stratos, it can be seen a couple of times that the relationship between those two is completely different at the time. Without parents, they have no choice but to look out for each other in order to ensure that nothing bad happens to either one of them. Being the older sister, it's is pretty obvious that it was her job to serve as a role model of what her little brother needs to be upon growing up. However, she immediately dismissed all of that the moment Chifuyu Orimura became involved with the Infinite Stratos. Despite reuniting with her little brother within the Infinite Stratos Academy and the discovery of him being the first male IS Pilot (which is an essential to Infinite Stratos researchers worldwide), her treatment toward Ichika Orimura was nothing positive in which it gradually gets worse as the series (anime, manga, light novel, etc.) progresses. In fact, her most brutal (if not villainous) act is when (Season 2, Episode 2) she ordered Charlotte Dunois (who had no problem or any kind of objection of doing so, therefore displaying one of her antagonistic characteristics) to attack Ichika with her IS unit upon being late for class (in which his only excuse was that he was interacting with another girl). Of course, everyone who was present at the time this occurred continue to remain completely oblivious of Ichika's abusement (and to no surprise none of the other 3 protagonists, who are suppose to be his "friends", came to defend him when they've witness this, thus confirming that they believe he deserves the attack). This proves that despite being a teacher, champion, and legendary brunhilde, she can come off as a terrible person towards Ichika Orimura in who is no longer the sister that he grew up with. It's also safe to say that Ichika Orimura has every right to retaliate against Chifuyu Orimura in any way possible (whether the magnitude of it is minuscule or extreme).
Due to all of these, the female protagonists (including Chifuyu Orimura herself) had received a lot of controversies by fans for their poor friendships, ruthless nature, character derailment, and neglected persona developments. In addition, the dramatic decline in the comprehensive ratings of both seasons is also due to the series focusing too much on harem conflicts, cosntantly displaying Ichika's irritable denseness, and having so much unused potentials that could've been explored more such as matriarchy, designation of workers by collar color, and rising social/political movements for gender equality. Through those perceptions, it can be theorized that Ichika's incessant desecration portrays how males are generally treated in school, public, and work (discrimination, segregation, ignorance, hate-crime, violation of human rights , etc.) nowadays as a result of the Infinite Stratos, which (realistically) should've triggered a series of widespread controversies/protests/riots targeting the evil technology known as the Infinite Stratos and the mad scientist that brought it to existence known as Tabane Shinonono. This overall concept of a global dystopia is presented and elaborated in the fan-fiction Perseus by MAC A10N50.
The artworks in the gallery were uploaded by ShegoXP in DeviantArt.
They each received immense praises for depicting the IS Girls' immoral status.
Alongside with reddit posts questioning the numerous attempts of killing Ichika and youtube videos criticizing Season 1 and Season 2 , this had furthermore lead to the creation of various fictitious stories. Houki, Cecilia, Rin, Charlotte, Laura, Tatenashi and Kanzashi all serve as the main antagonists while Chifuyu serve as the secondary antagonist in all these anecdotes. In certain cases (if there exists a fictitious story that portrays this), it would be pretty much justified if Ichika Orimura were to start becoming more like Light Yagami (personality, goals, relationships, etc.) upon the realization of how the Infinite Stratos technology destroyed the world and what he can do to restore the global societies by using his IS abilities (similar to Kira's intentions).
- Singularity (By: MKM2K) - Ichika Orimura. The human black hole for his sheer density. However, everything has there limits. Ichika has reached it. Tired of the antics of his classmates. He struggles on what to do. Will he rise and stand up for himself? Or will he collapse under the pressure?
- NOTE: Minor Love Hina crossover
- NOTE 2: Kanzashi Sarashiki is absent in this fanfiction.
- However if Kanzashi Sarashiki were to appear in this fanfiction, it can be speculated that she'll most likely have the role as one of the heroic protagonists by siding with Ichika Orimura and aiding him in order to defeat the 5 girls. This is considering the fact on what vicious bullies Houki, Cecilia, Lingyin, Charlotte, and Laura were being to her in Season 2 Episode 10 when questioning Kanzashi about her current relationship with Ichika (in which you can CLEARLY see the look on her face that Kanzashi Sarashiki is completely terrified of the 5 girls). Afterwards, they all later become friends with her ONLY because she is also "competing" for Ichika's heart. Therefore, it can be confirmed that Kanzashi completely understands on what and how much Ichika has to go through because of them.
- NOTE 3: Out of all the girls, it shouldn't be a surprise that Lingyin Huang (Rin) was the most villainous antagonist towards Ichika Orimura, Ran Gotanda, Dan Gotanda, Chifuyu Orimura, and the rest of the girls on account that she has the worst personality (considering one of the facts being her impulsiveness and irresponsibility often causes headaches for her superiors in China because of the trouble she usually causes as an IS Representative Candidate, in which she constantly refuses to admit/learn from her mistakes and instead blame them on somebody else).
- Despite all of this, it should be acknowledged that the fanfiction did have a couple of moments in which they portrayed Lingyin Huang (Rin) showing regret for what she has done before to Ichika Orimura. Therefore, it can be debatable that Lingyin Huang (Rin) isn't a lost cause and (if there's a continuation to "Singularity") there could be a chance for redemption in the future.
- NOTE 4: Right behind Lingyin Huang (Rin) for most villainous antagonist is Houki Shinonono. Considering the fact that she continues to maintain her emotional problems to an immense level and her hostility/stubbornness/narcissism toward Ichika Orimura continues to get worse as time goes on, it's actually very predictable that Houki feels the least guilty of her mistreatment toward Ichika Orimura out of all the girls (including Chifuyu Orimura). In reality, Houki Shinonono ONLY feel in love with Ichika Orimura because of his strength instead of himself. While Lingyin Huang (Rin) is the most violent/murderous, Houki Shinonono is the most pathetic/despicable.
- However just like Lingyin Huang (Rin), the fanfiction did portrayed a couple of moments where Houki Shinonono did feel very sorry for her abuse toward Ichika Orimura. Therefore, it can be debatable that Houki Shinonono (like Lingyin Huang) isn't a lost cause and (if there's a continuation to "Singularity") there could be a chance for redemption in the future.
- An Uncertain Pilot (By: JustSomeGuy06) - A different take on Ichika Orimura's story one where he suffers an internal crisis on what he wants to do and how he should be treated. Read on as Ichika struggles with his own decisions, life, and friends.
- NOTE: (Author's Note) "Obligatory I don't own any of the characters/IP of Infinite Stratos obviously. Also, I don't really like Infinite Stratos personally. The reason I made a fanfic of it is because I wanted to make add my own twist on the most blatant case of harem abuse in an anime. I'm also trying to gauge where my writing skill is so feel free to critique and tell me if I got any Infinite Stratos plot points incorrect. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!"
- NOTE 2: This fanfiction strongly focuses on Ichika Orimura reflecting the life he could've had if he NEVER touched that training IS in the restricted room on that fateful day of him getting lost for his entrance exam. It also acknowledges everything that he previously had slowly disappear upon attending the Infinite Stratos Academy (ISA).
- The Final Straw (By: dardanellia) - Ichika gets almost killed by jealous Rin. After this, Ichika decides that it's finally time for him to leave the IS Academy for good. However, two girls accompany him on this new journey.
- NOTE: This fanfiction serves as a "what-if scenario" regarding what will happen had Laura Bodewig failed to protect Ichika from Lingyin Huang's (Rin's) deadly attack from Season 1, Episode 8.
- NOTE 2: It can be acknowledged and debated that if Lingying Huang (Rin) were to be considered as the main antagonist (as an example and in the perspective of certain viewers) of this fanficiton, then this moment of an attempt to "punish" (obviously kill) Ichika Orimura would be her "Moral Event Horizon".
- IS and Sekirei: Brave New World Second Season (By: Kerlongsj Evert Orlejov) - Request fic. Minato believed that when the Sekirei plan came to an end, his troubles would be over and his life could finally begin. Turns out, the world moves on, boy. Best you do too. His past, among others, is catching up to him and he has to look out for an old friend. Ichika Orimura didn't ask to be sent into an insane school and his single lifeline is an old friend.
- NOTE: Infinite Stratos x Sekirei Crossover.
- NOTE 2: Ichika serves as a deuteragonist in this one.
- NOTE 3: In Chapter 25 ("Burning Ambition"), the fanfiction reads that the IS girls, including Tatenashi, pushed Ichika past the breaking point where he angrily shouts "That's it! I am done with this school!" and that all who heard that shout knew what that meant.
- Star Wars: The Jedi Stratos (By: HootersBoy123) - Caleo is one of Luke students during the reign of a New Jedi Order. Taking place in the year 12 ABY, Luke Skywalker sends Jedi Knight Caleo Trinjim to find new people who can use and have connection to the Force. He arrives in an undiscovered planet called Earth where he finds that majority of the people he will met are complete absence of the force, but one boy isn't.
- NOTE: Infinite Stratos x Star Wars Crossover.
- List of Oneshots: Chapter 25 (By: yugiohfan163) - What if Ichika snapped after the girls kept going with their actions?
- NOTE: Tatenashi Sarashiki and Kanzashi Sarashiki are both absent in this fanfiction.
- Ichika Snaps (By: Creeperleap) - After much abuse and no comfort, Ichika finally snaps and the Byakushiki tries to find him a new home. Can Chifuyu and the girls fix the broken and link?
- Ichika Snaps 2# (By: Creeperleap) - After much abuse and no comfort, Ichika finally snaps and tries to flee the academy. Can Chifuyu and the girls fix the broken and link? There will be two scenarios, one where the girls can subdue him in his attempt to leave, and another where he gets away and an old friend tries to fix the damage.
- Ichika Snaps: Final Edition (By: Creeperleap) - After burning out at the academy, Ichika decides to drop out. His IS uses her dimensional folder to send him to Earthland, the home of Fairytail, though she stays behind. Note: Ichika does have magic this time, but it's untrained. Requested and thoroughly discussed by DragonDude16.
- Suffering (A Infinite Stratos/Persona fanfic) (By: TheFoolAngel) - What happens when Ichika Orimura can't handle the constant teasing and hitting from any females? He never did anything wrong...so why? After all this time, from him connecting to an IS, he had enough. Enough is enough. he won't be tied down to anyone including his older sister. The only thing he experienced at IS Academy was suffering. "So long, IS Academy. I am no longer tied down to this forbidden school. I'll find my own path." I don't own anything except the story line!!! [Will be a full story in the near future].
- Infinite Stratos: Spiral to Nowhere (By: BizarreFishface1959) - Ichika Orimura, after holding in the various accounts of assault done by his harem, decides to run away. In his journey, he encounters various people. Some may help him, some may not. What bizarre situations will he get himself into? What bizarre phenomenons will happen?
- NOTE: Infinite Stratos x JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover.
Overall, they are all about Ichika (in a more realistic scenario) finally standing up to the girls, including his own sister (who also has a couple of flaws regarding Ichika's injustice), and permanently changing his relationship with all of them. Depending on the concocted tale, Ichika will also go through a major character development and develop a variety of mental illnesses as a result of being traumatized by those girls (especially by Chifuyu) for a long time. In fact, most stories states that both Chifuyu and the IS Cadets are the reason Ichika ran away from IS Academy due to the abuse they put him through.
|Explosive Personality||Destructive Behavior||Verbal Abuse|
|Frequent Disparage||Harsh Criticisms||Selfish Romance|
|Unapologetic Actions||Psychopathic Antics||Physical Violence|
Regardless, Charlotte Dunois received the most praise by everyone for having a personality that doesn't involve being 'Tsundere', being the most tolerable out of all the girls, and prioritizing in making Ichika happy. In fact most noticeably during the Cinderella play (Season 2 Episode 3), Charlotte decided to protect Ichika from the other crazy girls (Houki, Cecilia, Rin, Laura, and the IS Students participating) instead of immediately attacking him (despite the fact that she's after the crown too). While it should still be acknowledged that Charlotte does act irrational and resentful (like the other girls) towards Ichika sometimes, fans legitimately speculate that she'll end up winning his affection.
NOTICE 2: Although it is true that Chifuyu Orimura, Tatenashi Sarashiki, and Kanzashi Sarashiki do brutalize Ichika Orimura as well, it should be distinguished that the oppression from the 5 female protagonists (Houki, Cecilia, Lingyin, Charlotte, and Laura) are the most guilty ones. The facts that Houki and Lingyin are being Ichika's "childhood bullies" instead of "childhood friends", Cecilia developing a barbaric behavior even after starting to see Ichika as a man, Charlotte having her character devolve upon confessing to Ichika in the Boys' Bath, and Laura wrongly and unjustifiably declaring Ichika as her "bride" are a couple of the many evidences on why these 5 IS girls' abuse toward Ichika are (most of the time) significantly worse than the ones received by Chifuyu, Tatenashi, and Kanzashi.
- Top Villainous Acts inflicted toward Ichika Orimura by his "suppose to be" family and friends
- Houki coldly and harshly treats Ichika like an enemy/victim instead of a childhood friend, in which her treatment towards him gradually got worse as the series progresses.
- Cecilia doesn't seem to treat Ichika any better after their battle together. In fact, she basically follow the group's actions, methods, and beliefs of "punishing" Ichika whenever he does something that upsets them in anyway.
- Rin (who is worse than Houki) berates Ichika with every chance she gets and always have the intentions of murdering him even in those times where he was completely innocent or justified.
- Charlotte at first treated Ichika like a true friend and loyal companion despite being a witness to Ichika's abusement. After revealing her true gender, she gradually descends into the girls' level by also becoming more selfish, hypocritical, and violent as the series progresses.
- Laura had also descended similar to how Charlotte did. Despite saving her life and giving her a second chance to fit in the Infinite Stratos Academy, Laura still failed as a friend to Ichika by following the group's actions, methods, and beliefs of "punishing" Ichika whenever things don't go her way.
- Chifuyu (throughout the entire series) has been nothing more but a failure as a teacher, sister, and adult. Despite her immense intelligent regarding Infinite Stratos and amazing abilities in combat, it doesn't change the fact that she does little or nothing to help Ichika whenever he is being abused by the people that are supposed to be his friends (even though when it is happening right in front of her).
- He is similar of Yui Komori in some ways. Both of them are the protagonists who happened to be kindhearted, naive and selfless individuals that are mistreated by their respective group of their opposite sex (the IS Harem and the Sakamaki Brothers) who claimed themselves to be the love of their respective lives.
- Due to everything they (Houki Shinonono, Cecilia Alcott, Lingyin Huang, Charlotte Dunios, & Laura Bodewig) have done, it is justified to state that the main 5 IS Girls can sometimes (if not most of the time or all the time) be portrayed as anti-heroes (in Ichika's case) regarding their delusional selfishness/hypocrisies, extreme actions/approaches, remorseless statements/feelings/thoughts, and verbal/physical assaults toward Ichika Orimura.
- However, it's no mistake that all 5 of those girls remain completely hostile towards Ichika Orimura throughout the entire Episode 8 of Season 2. Therefore, there are indeed certain circumstances in which they (if not all of them) serve as true antagonists toward Ichika Orimura.
- IchikaOrimuraDefense (Reddit) - This community was specifically made to bring forth all who have watched the Infinite Stratos anime, or have read the manga before. The purpose of this group is to bring together ALL who can't stand the violence, abuse, and disrespect the main character, Ichika Orimura, has to endure from both his older sister and harem. For all those who dislikes the women around him, a.k.a the TRUE problem with the franchise, or just feel sorry for everything Ichika has to endure, then welcome aboard.
- For certain viewers who have watched Infinite Stratos before, it's no argument that their initial perspectives toward Ichika Orimura's life will gradually change by an immense magnitude upon rewatching Infinite Stratos. This Reddit article entitled "Mishandled Hero: The Tragedy of Ichika Orimura the Brave" explains in great details of how the viewpoint of a person who had watched Infinite Stratos before drastically changed upon watching it again.
- Even though the abusement of Ichika Orimura can be compared toward other male protagonists from different animes, the rules for this wiki (as well as the other wikis) forbid this comparison.
- Infinite Stratos - Ichika's Injuries Compilation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C190MCzk8OM&lc=UgzuGJPsu3l1E15h0ZB4AaABAg.9JGqtSslYAz9LnJYmslw3R
- Ichika Orimura Dense Moments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJq-1yzaf2I&t=552s
- You know thinking about the whole "Ichika playing the fool/dense" theory really got me going https://www.reddit.com/r/InfiniteStratos/comments/eg8v7p/you_know_thinking_about_the_whole_ichika_playing/
- Evidence of the IS harem's abuse of Ichika https://www.reddit.com/r/InfiniteStratos/comments/jl9q0t/evidence_of_the_is_harems_abuse_of_ichika/
- Cinderella Girlfriends https://www.reddit.com/r/InfiniteStratos/comments/k20auv/cinderella_girlfriends/
- Cinderella role play https://www.reddit.com/r/InfiniteStratos/comments/m9q19o/cinderella_role_play/
- Mishandled Hero: The Tragedy of Ichika Orimura the Brave https://www.reddit.com/r/InfiniteStratos/comments/qumi6i/mishandled_hero_the_tragedy_of_ichika_orimura_the/