|“||We're all in this together, Ben.||„|
|~ Sue to Ben on their conditions.|
Susan Storm aka Invisble Woman is a character in the 2005 superhero film, Fantastic Four and it's 2007 sequel, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. After being hit with cosmic rays, she can turn Invisble and make force fields around her.
She is portrayed by Jessica Alba.
Sue attended MIT with hey boyfriend Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom, and Ben Grimm. However, Sue and Reed broke up when Reed was not ready to live together, causing rift between the two. Despite this she kept in touch with Ben, as she knew about his engagement to a woman named Debbie. Sue then went to work for Victor, at his company Von Doom Industries, where she became his chief genetics researcher as well as his girlfriend. One Reed and Ben came Von Doom Industries to ask Victor for a favor. Reed believes that evolution was triggered by cosmic clouds that hit the earth millions of years ago and believes that the cloud is coming back to Earth, so they need to use Victor's space station, which has shield that could protect them from the cosmic rays, since Reed since Reed is bankrupt now and NASA doesn't trust him. When she came into the office, she greeted Ben warmly but she and Reed share an awkward moment.
Powers and Abilities
- Invisibility: Due to exposure to the cosmic storm that granted her invisibility and force-field generation, Sue is able to become completely invisible. This allows her to blend into her surroundings and can easily sneak past or escape from her enemies.
- Flyrogenesis: Sue is able to create force fields to do a variety of things, such as, stop explosions or fire from expanding, level a large building structure so Ben could lift it back into place, contain people, or propel her force fields with varying force to push back or send people flying.
- Telekinesis: Due to her flyrogenesis and flyrokinesis powers; Sue is able to move objects or people without physically touching them.
Susan appears in two movies:
Jessica Alba also voice Susan in two video games:
- Susan Storm's wedding dress in Rise of the Silver Surferis a custom made design by the German luxury fashion brand Escada.
- According to Reed, Susan's powers are fueled by her emotional state, such as anger and frustration.
- Susan is called Invisible Girl once in the first movie by her brother.
- Jessica Alba met future husband Cash Warren on the set of the Fantastic Four. Cash was the assistant to the film's director Tim Story.
- Ali Larter, Julia Stiles, Kate Bosworth, Rachel McAdams, Scarlett Johansson, Elizabeth Banks, KaDee Strickland, Renée Zellweger and Trish Stratus were considered for the role of Susan Storm/Invisible Woman. The role went to Jessica Alba who was seen as the best one for the role.
Later Main Team Members