This Hero was Headlined on August 2018.
This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||A smiling... dependable... cool hero... That's what I wanna be! That's why I'm giving it everything! For everyone!||„|
|~ Izuku Midoriya.|
Izuku Midoriya is the main protagonist of the popular anime and manga series My Hero Academia. Izuku's hero name is Deku. He was originally Quirkless but after meeting All Might and impressing him with his bravery, he gained One For All and became its ninth user.
Izuku is a teenage boy with green eyes and messy dark green hair, many people believe his hair might be black, but the messiness casts a shadow on his own hair.
During his time at Junior High School, he wore a black gakuran uniform with yellow buttons. At UA, he wears the standard male uniform: a light grey suit over a white dress shirt and dark green dress pants, along with a red necktie. Izuku usually wears his over sized red boots.
Though initially very skinny, Izuku has gained an array of well-developed abdominal muscles after his extensive training with All Might, and at UA respectivey.
Izuku is generally characterized as a nervous, honest, and cheerful boy. Despite being born Quirkless, Izuku held onto his lifelong dream of becoming a hero is deeply inspired by the No. 1 Hero: All Might. While commonly showing his nervousness and sometimes meek attitude, Izuku commonly displays his heroic spirit with incredible determination and selfless nature, as shown when he rushed in to save Katsuki and Ochaco despite the danger posed to himself as well. Izuku becomes elated when having the opportunity to gain a Quirk, attend U.A. High, but also dutifully carries the goal of becoming All Might's successor to carry the One For All Quirk.
A big fan of heroes, Izuku has a wide knowledge of many Pro Heroes, especially All Might with him knowing all of the No. 1's achievements and feats, no matter how small or trivial. Having admired All Might, he is also an avid collector of his merchandise as seen with his dormitory room. Izuku is also very intelligent and informative in terms of the Quirks and abilities of others, often inventing methods, strategies and ways to improve them. This results in Izuku having a habit to drone on and mumble whenever he focuses on something, a trait that tends to unnerve his peers somewhat.
Izuku can also be defined as a dynamic character. While at first he started off as insecure, tearful, and unconfident in his own powers, abilities and handling of his Quirk, he soon develops into a more focused, diligent and determined character, with his sights set on becoming a great hero. His time at U.A. and experiences, alongside serving as All Might's successor for One For All, has served greatly in his growth as both a character and a hero-in-training.
What truly defines Izuku, is his ultimately heroic spirit and willingness to help or save anyone, never hesitating to do so even if he lacks the strength or abilities. He was immediately suspicious and wary after witnessing Eri's fear and the bandages around her arms, after failing to save her from the incident remained on his mind and was later horrified upon learning the truth of her mistreatment. This however, while indeed weighing on his conscience, also further fueled his desire to save her alongside his comrade Mirio Togata.
He has also been able to help others with their personal conflicts and issues, having turned several characters who were previously antagonistic towards him into gaining strong respect and even a sense of admiration for him. Along with his strong desire to save others is his determination to win fights, something that he took from his childhood friend, Katsuki Bakugo. Izuku actually goes so far as to emulate Katsuki's behavior during battle because his idea of victory is so engrained with the image of Katsuki in his mind, though he admits he doesn't like this side of him very much.
Izuku also shows a sympathetic and merciful attitude towards villains he encounters. While he acknowledges that there are villains too evil and merciless to deserve his sympathy, he wonders about the circumstances that drove them into villainy in the first place. Due to this, he often wants to save villains that need it, such as offering Gentle Criminal and La Brava a better path in life.
He even believes that he can save his arch-enemy Tomura Shigaraki from All For One's influence despite being the ultimate evil, once he saw what remained of Tenko Shimura's humanity and innocence after Tomura tried to invade his consciousness. While the other users believed that Tomura was beyond saving and the destruction he will cause will be irreversible, Izuku believes that One For All should be used to save rather than kill, which All Might taught him, as he still wants to save Tomura no matter what.
After he woke up from his coma, Izuku was discharged from the hospital afterwards. Then later on, in April, he wrote letters to each of his classmates in 1-A, including Ochaco, revealing that the truth behind his Quirk being a power passed down to him by All Might, that All For One and Tomura Shigaraki are now after him because of it, and that he left U.A. High. By the start of what would be his second year in April, Izuku left U.A. High for that matter to keep them safe.
Powers and Abilities
Even prior to acquiring his Quirk, Izuku showed many traits that deemed him as a heroic person such as his courage and selflessness for helping those in need of help and saving. These traits alone caught the attention of his icon, All Might himself, who decided he would be fit to wield his Quirk, One For All, and carry on his legacy as his successor, the next symbol of peace, the ninth user of One For All, and for Izuku to achieve his dream to become the World’s Greatest Hero.
- One For All: One For All is a Quirk passed down from generations and is currently in possession of Izuku, having it being passed down to him from All Might. One For All allows Izuku to stockpile power, increasing his overall stamina, endurance and skill. Izuku is the first user to awaken a spiritual link with the past users of One For All as well as the first to inherit all their Quirks.
- Danger Sense: The Quirk of the fourth user of One For All. This Quirk manifests as a strong throbbing sensation in the head, its intensity varying according to the incoming threat. It takes a great toll on Izuku's body.
- Blackwhip: The Quirk of Daigoro Banjo, the fifth user of One For All. This Quirk enables Izuku to manifest tendrils of darkness to capture enemies or move by grappling objects.
- Smokescreen: The Quirk of En, the sixth user of One For All. This Quirk generates layers of smoke to obscure vision.
- Float: The Quirk of Nana Shimura, the seventh user of One For All. This Quirk allows Izuku to suspend himself mid-air.
- Two unnamed Quirks: The Quirks of two unnamed users of One For All.
- High Intellect: A trait that has been with him since the beginning is his high intellect. Izuku has shown to be very knowledgeable, both in terms of combat, as well as the world around him. He is one of the few students with the highest grades in his class, as a result from focusing on his studies overnight. He has also shown to be a quick learner and adapter, as his experiences with his Quirk inspire him to develop new skills and techniques for him to utilize in order for him to get around his Quirk.
Though the power and nature of One For All is exceptionally incredible, it is not something that can be handled easily. In Izuku's case, it was initially very difficult for him to handle, as he would constantly put himself through major injuries when using it recklessly. Even prior to this, he had to go through months of physical training to prepare his body for the Quirk. Should he try to go beyond his limits, the Quirk would inflict serious pain and damage to his limbs, as well as draw out his stamina. As time went on, Izuku learned to surpass his limits and continues to do so to this day. Due to him now Inheriting a Danger Sense Quirk, it will take a bigger toll on his body. With all the other Quirks combined, Izuku has been revealed that he may be the Last Wielder of One For All.
- Hisashi Midoriya - Father
- Inko Midoriya - Mother
- U.A. High School
- Class 1-A - Classmates and friends
- Denki Kaminari (Chargebolt) - Friend
- Eijiro Kirishima (Red Riot) - Good Friend
- Fumikage Tokoyami (Tsukuyomi) - Friend
- Hanta Sero (Cellophane) - Friend
- Katsuki Bakugo (Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight) - Main Rival and Childhood Friend
- Koji Koda (Anima) - Acquaintance
- Kyoka Jiro (Earphone Jack) - Friend
- Mashirao Ojiro (Tail Man) - Friend
- Mezo Shoji (Tentacole) - Friend
- Mina Ashido (Pinky) - Friend
- Minoru Mineta (Grape Juice) - Friend
- Momo Yaoyorozu Creati) - Friend
- Ochaco Uraraka (Uravity) - Close Best Friend and Possible Crush
- Rikido Sato (Sugarman) - Acquaintance
- Shoto Todoroki (Shoto) - Best Friend and Friendly Rival
- Tenya Ida (Ingenium) - Best Friend
- Toru Hagakure (Invisible Girl) - Acquaintance
- Tsuyu Asui (Froppy) - Good Friend
- Yuga Aoyama (Can't Stop Twinkling) - Friend
- U.A. Staff
- Class 1-A - Classmates and friends
- Gentle Criminal - Attempted killer and arrestee
- League of Villains
- All For One - Arch-enemy
- Tomura Shigaraki - Arch-enemy
- Toya Todoroki (Dabi) - Attempted killer
- Himiko Toga - Attempted killer and one-sided crush on Toga's side
- Kenji Hikiishi (Magne) †
- Atsuhiro Sako (Mr. Compress)
- Goto Imasuji (Muscular/Jailbreaker) - Attempted killer and arrestee
- Shuichi Iguchi (Spinner)
- Jin Bubaigawara (Twice) †
- Kai Chisaki (Overhaul) - Nemesis
- Chizome Akaguro (Stain) - Savior and arrestee
- Nine †
- Due to repeated damage from his poor control of One for All, Izuku's right arm has been permanently damaged to the point he needs to wear a compression sleeve on his upper arm.
- Izuku can only safely use 30% of One for All currently, with maximum 45% for a brief moment.
- As of the current plot, Izuku has the third highest number of Quirks, only surpassed by Tomura Shigaraki and All For One. He is also the only hero with multiple Quirks of the present era.
- His Japanese voice actor, Daiki Yamashita, has also voiced Narancia Ghirga in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Goh in Pokémon Journeys: The Series, Touya in Log Horizon, and Kan in Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World.
- His English voice actor, Justin Briner, has also voiced Ryota Mitarai in Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School, Yukito Tsukishiro in Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc, Qwenthur Barbotage in Heavy Object, Shō Kusakabe in Fire Force, Rainer Layer in Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records, Luck Voltia in Black Clover and Uub in Dragon Ball Z.
- Izuku has become both one of the most popular and recognizable anime heroes and superheroes, in addition to being one of the primary members of the Shonen Jump multiverse.
- Izuku bears some similarities to Will Stronghold from Disney's 2005 Superhero film about a fictional High School called Sky High, who were born weak and powerless. Later both the protagonists have been given/developed powers related to strength, And are willing to give their lives to protect their loved ones. Both have rivalry with pyro-based characters Katsuki Bakugo/Shoto Todoroki and Warren Peace and are friends with two girls Ochaco Uraraka and Layla Williams (whom are unaware that the girls have a crush on them).
- Izuku also shares the same similarities with Atsuko Kagari from Little Witch Academia.
- Although Izuku is friendly with all of his classmates (though this is one-sided with Katsuki), his closest friends are Ochaco Uraraka and Tenya Ida. He is good friends with Shoto Todoroki (post-U.A. Sports Match) — all three explicitly refer to him as a friend on at least one occasion. Izuku is also friends with Tsuyu Asui, who is shown to sit at his table during lunch.
- Izuku shares the same birthday with Ichigo Kurosaki (another Shonen Jump character who is the main protagonist of Bleach) and Mirio Togata.
|The Headlined Heroes|