This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||A smiling... dependable... cool hero... That's what I wanna be! That's why I'm giving it everything! For everyone!||„|
|~ Izuku Midoriya.|
Izuku Midoriya is the main protagonist of the popular manga and anime series My Hero Academia. His Hero name is Deku. He was originally Quirkless but after meeting All Might and impressing him with his bravery, he gained One For All became its ninth user.
He is voiced by Daiki Yamashita in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Justin Briner in the English version of the anime, the former voicing Narancia Ghirga in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind.
Izuku is a very timid, helpful, and polite boy. Due to being bullied since childhood for being born without a Quirk, he is initially portrayed as insecure, being more reserved and not self-expressive, especially in front of Katsuki Bakugo. However, after being accepted into U.A. High and facing Katsuki during the Battle Trial Arc, he has gradually become more confident and brave.
Izuku is also very diligent and strong-willed. Since he greatly admires heroes and has always dreamed to be one since his childhood, he developed a habit of writing down notes about everything he knows about heroes and their Quirks, including even other U.A. students. Because of this practice, Izuku has developed a great analytical mind and is easily able to form complex plans in short amounts of time, often taking advantage of his allies' Quirks to put them in motion. This aspect also helps him in figuring out ways to counter Quirks used by his opponents. Izuku also has the tendency to overthink about anything that grabs his attention, which makes him start mumbling to himself a lot.
Izuku is a caring person, and will never hesitate to rescue someone in danger, even if he knows that he's not strong enough to do it. Often, he does this on a whim, taking a more careless approach than usual. Izuku has also shown to be selfless enough to try to help people with personal, emotional problems, even if it doesn't concern him.
Out of all of the heroes he admired, All Might is the one that has had the most impact in his life, with the hero having shaped most of the goals and beliefs that he follows since childhood. Many of Izuku's decisions and actions are inspired by his desire to become a hero similar to All Might, and thus he has a great devotion for him, to the point of emulating several of his traits.
Izuku appears to have a more brash and abrasive side to him that mostly shows up when he finds himself in combat. This side of him makes him act more like Katsuki, being rather loud and unwavering, and also with a strong drive towards victory. He has even gone as far as to taunt Katsuki when the two of them fought when he is in this mentality. He claims that this is because he sees Katsuki as the embodiment of what someone who strives for victory should be. He also has admitted that he doesn't like this side of him very much and tends to keep it in check.
After some time, Izuku has moved past some of his desire to be like All Might and instead be the top hero on his own which was further motivated after he saved a little boy from a villain and the latter called his hero in a thank you letter.
- Izuku is one of the most popular and recognizable anime heroes and as well as one of them being a Superhero as well, in addition to being one of the primary members of the Shōnen Jump multiverse.
- Izuku also bears some similarities to Will Stronghold from Disney's 2005 Superhero film about a fictional High School called Sky High, who were born weak and powerless. Later both the protagonists have been given/developed powers related to strength, And are willing to give their lives to protect their loved ones.
- Although Izuku is friendly with all of his classmates (though this is one-sided with Katsuki), his closest friends are Ochaco Uraraka and Tenya Iida. He is good friends with Shoto Todoroki (post-UA Sports Match) — all three explicitly refer to him as a friend on at least one occasion. Izuku is also friends with Tsuyu Asui, who is shown to sit at his table during lunch.
- Izuku shares the same birthday with Ichigo Kurosaki (another Shonen Jump character who is the main protagonist of Bleach) which is on July 15.
- Coincidentally, Izuku also shares the same birthday with Mirio Togata.
U.A. High School
|The Headlined Heroes|