This Hero was Headlined on August 2018.
This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||A smiling... dependable... cool hero... That's what I wanna be! That's why I'm giving it everything! For everyone!||„|
|~ Izuku Midoriya|
Izuku Midoriya is the main protagonist of the popular anime and manga series, My Hero Academia. His Hero name is Deku. He was originally Quirkless but after meeting All Might and impressing him with his bravery, he gained One For All and became its ninth user.
He is voiced by Daiki Yamashita in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Justin Briner in the English version of the anime.
Izuku is a teenage boy with green eyes and messy dark green hairs. During his time at Junior High School, he wore a black gakuran uniform with yellow buttons. In Yuuei, he wears the standard male uniform: a light grey suit over a white dress shirt and dark green dress pants, along with a red necktie. Izuku usually wears over sized red shoes.
Though initially very skinny, Izuku has gained an array of well-developed abdominal muscles after his extensive training with All Might.
A nervous, honest and cheerful boy. Despite being born Quirkless, Izuku held onto his lifelong dream of becoming a hero being deeply inspired by the Number 1 Hero; All Might. While commonly showing his nervousness and sometimes meek attitude, Izuku commonly displays his heroic spirit with incredible determination and a selfless nature, as shown when he rushed in to save Katsuki Bakugo and Ochaco Uraraka despite the danger posed to himself as well. Midoriya becomes elated when having the opportunity to gain a Quirk, attend U.A. High, but also dutifully carries the goal of becoming All Might's successor to carry the One For All Quirk.
A big fan of heroes, Midoriya has a wide knowledge of many Pro Heroes, especially All Might with him knowing all of the the No. 1's achievements and feats, no matter how small or trivial. Having admired All Might, he is also an avid collector of his merchandise as seen with his dormitory room. On top of this, Midoriya is also very intelligent and informative in regards to the Quirks and abilities of others, often concocting methods, strategies and ways to improve them. This results in Izuku having a habit to drone on and mumble whenever focused on something, a trait that tends to unnerve his peers somewhat.
Midoriya can also be defined as a dynamic character, while at first he started off as insecure, tearful and unconfident in his own powers, abilities and handling of his Quirk. He soon develops into a more focused, diligent and determined character, with his sights set on becoming a great hero. His time at U.A. and experiences, alongside serving as All Might's successor for One For All has served greatly in his growth as both a character and a hero-in-training.
What truly defines Midoriya however is his ultimate heroic spirit and willingness to help or save anyone, never hesitating to do so even if he lacks the strength or abilities. He was immediately in suspicion and wariness after witnessing Eri's fear and the bandages around her arms, after failing to save her the incident still remained on his mind and was later horrified him upon learning the truth of her mistreatment. This however, while indeed weighing on his conscience, also further fueled his desire to save her alongside Mirio Togata. He has also been able to help others with their personal conflicts and issues, having turned several characters who were previously antagonistic towards him into gaining a strong respect and even sense of admiration for him.
Along with his strong desire to save others is his determination to win fights, something that he took from his childhood friend, Katsuki Bakugo. Izuku actually goes so far as to emulate Katsuki's behavior during battle because his idea of victory is so engrained with the image of Katsuki in his mind, though he admits he doesn't like this side of him very much.
Powers and Abilities
Even prior to acquiring his Quirk, Izuku showed many traits that deemed him as a heroic person such as his courage and selfless for helping those in need. These traits alone caught the attention of his icon, All Might himself, who decided he would be fit to wield his Quirk and carry on his legacy as his successor.
- One For All: One For All is a Quirk passed down from generations and is currently in possession of Izuku, having it being passed down to him from All Might. One For All allows Izuku to stockpile power, increasing his overall stamina, endurance and skill.
- Blackwhip: As a result of having One For All passed onto him, Izuku also received the Quirks from the predecessors. In this case, he received Blackwhip from Daigoro Banjo, the fifth user of One For All.
- Float: As a result of having One For All passed onto him, Izuku also received the Quirks from the predecessors. In this case, he received Float from Nana Shimura, the seventh user of One For All.
- Keen Intellect: A trait that has been with him since the beginning is his keen intellect. Izuku has shown to be very knowledgable, both in terms of combat, as well as the world around him. He is one of the few students with the highest grades in his class, as a result from focusing on his studies overnight. He has also shown to be a quick learner and adapter, as his experiences with his Quirk inspire him to develop new skills and techniques for him to utilize in order for him to get around his Quirk.
Though the power and nature of One For All is exceptionally incredible, it is not something that can be handled easily. In Izuku's case, it was initially very difficult for him to handle, as he would constantly put himself through major injuries when using it recklessly. Even prior to this, he had to go through months of physical training to prepare his body for the Quirk. Should he try to go beyond his limits, the Quirk would inflict serious pain and damage to his limbs, as well as draw out his stamina. As time went on, Izuku learned to surpass his limits and continues to do so to this day.
- His Japanese voice actor, Daiki Yamashita, who also voiced Narancia Ghirga in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Goh in Pokémon Journeys: The Series, Touya in Log Horizon and Kan in Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World.
- His English voice actor, Justin Briner, who also voiced Ryota Mitarai in Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School, Yukito Tsukishiro in Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc, Shō Kusakabe in Fire Force, Rainer Layer in Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records and Luck in Black Clover.
- Izuku is one of the most popular and recognizable anime heroes and as well as one of them being a Superhero as well, in addition to being one of the primary members of the Shōnen Jump multiverse.
- Izuku also bears some similarities to Will Stronghold from Disney's 2005 Superhero film about a fictional High School called Sky High, who were born weak and powerless. Later both the protagonists have been given/developed powers related to strength, And are willing to give their lives to protect their loved ones. Both have rivalry with pyro-based characters Katsuki Bakugo/Shoto Todoroki and Warren Peace and are friends with two girls Ochaco Uraraka and Layla Williams (whom are unaware that the girls have a crush on them).
- Although Izuku is friendly with all of his classmates (though this is one-sided with Katsuki), his closest friends are Ochaco Uraraka and Tenya Iida. He is good friends with Shoto Todoroki (post-UA Sports Match) — all three explicitly refer to him as a friend on at least one occasion. Izuku is also friends with Tsuyu Asui, who is shown to sit at his table during lunch.
- Izuku shares the birthday with Ichigo Kurosaki (another Shonen Jump character who is the main protagonist of Bleach) which is on July 15.
- Coincidentally, Izuku also shares the birthday with Mirio Togata.
|The Headlined Heroes|