|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Jacqui Briggs contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Don't know about you guys, but I'm living the dream.||„|
|~ Jacqui surrounded by Kotal Kahn's army.|
|“||From champ to chump.||„|
|~ Jacqui before fighting Liu Kang.|
Jacqueline Sonya "Jacqui" Briggs is the daughter of Jax Briggs and a heroine in the Mortal Kombat series, who made her debut in the Mortal Kombat comic series. She also serves as one of the main protagonists of Mortal Kombat X, along with her best friend, Cassie Cage, her fiancé, Takeda Takahashi, and their friend, Kung Jin. She is also known as the very first black female character of the Mortal Kombat series.
Her archnemesis is Kotal Kahn (though they are on much better terms during Mortal Kombat 11).
She is voiced by Danielle Nicolet in Mortal Kombat X, and by Megalyn Echikunwoke in Mortal Kombat 11. Nicolet also has voiced Sareena in the same game and Echikunwoke also has played Vixen in the Arrowverse.
Jacqui is a young, muscular African-American woman with brown eyes and shoulder-length brown hair, which she keeps in cornrows and small ponytail. Her civilian attire as depicted in the comics consists of a white T-shirt with either black pants or purple shorts.
In the game proper, Jacqui wears full military camouflage under standard body armor with the Special Forces insignia on it, and a utility belt around her waist. Knee pads line her knees and she wears mechanical powered gauntlets on both her arms, reminiscent of her father's mechanical arms.
Jacqui is a trained Junior grade Olympic boxer, able to go toe-to-toe with Cassie and knock a grown man unconscious with her bare hands. She was able to successively beat Reptile, Ferr & Torr, Ermac and Kotal Kahn.
She uses a pair of electronic gauntlets that greatly enhance her physical strenght and can fire plasma energy, shotgun rounds or rockets depending on her variation. The gauntlets are used in both of her fatalities. She also uses a submachine gun in her Full Auto variation.
- X-Ray Move: Jacqui uppercuts her opponent, and as he/she falls down, she delivers a barrage of punches to the ribs, breaking them one by one. She then delivers a punch to the jaw, obliterating it and uppercutting the opponent once again. Finally she lunges up to her opponent and delivers a punch to the spine, snapping it. (MKX)
- Blown Out: Jacqui rips off the sides of the waist of the opponent. She then burrows her powered gauntlets and uses the shotgun in it to blast the opponent's insides with enough force to completely shoot the opponent's back off, and part of the skull. (MKX)
- Fist Pump: Jacqui violently grabs her opponent by the throat, breaking their neck slightly which causes the opponent to kneel on the ground. Jacqui then reels her arm back with so much leverage that the ensuring punch causes a gaping hole through the opponent's head. She slowly reels her hand out as his/her face is completely decimated. (MKX)
- Spider Mines: Jacqui fires 5 bombs at the opponent, which latch onto their knee, waist, pectoral and eye sockets. She then remotely activates the explosives, blowing up a leg, part of the chest and an arm. Finally, Jacqui activates the bombs stuck onto her enemy's eyes, destroying her victim's head. (MK11)
- Nothin' But Neck: Jacqui leaps into the air and delivers a powerful punch to the opponent's head, obliterating it. She then rockets herself backwards with two shotgun blasts that bust open a hole in the victim's torso. Turning around, Jacqui tosses her shield generator into the cavity her attacks created and activates it, bisecting the victim's decapitated corpse and leaving it to slide down the energy wall as their still-beating heart pounds against it. (MK11)
Mortal Kombat X
Mortal Kombat 11
|“||I know my dad's still alive, but it's like I'm seeing a ghost.||„|
|~ Jacqui about the younger Jax.|
|“||The things that happened to my Dad. That trauma he suffered. It's why my parents met. They fell in love while he was in recovery. If they don't happen, you and Mom may not meet. I may never be born.||„|
|~ Jacqui to Past Jax.|
|“||Jacqui: This mean you're back?
Jax : This means I'm sorry, Jacqui. And hell yeah I'm back.
|~ Jacqui after her father turned his back on Kronika.|
|“||Jacqui: Those are cool blades, Baraka.
Baraka: Why compliment me?
Jacqui: To take the sting out of losing.
|~ Jacqui to Baraka|
|“||Jacqui: You're always getting me in trouble.
Cassie: You love trouble and you know it.
Jacqui: Not as much as you do, sister.
|~ Jaqui to Cassie Cage.|
|“||Jacqui: Hear there's a lot you can teach me
Rambo: I leaned how to fight from the best
Jacqui: Bring it.
|~ Jacqui to John Rambo.|
|“||Jacqui: Dad gave everything, fighting guys like you.
Joker: And how did that work out for him?
Jacqui: His pain is no joke.
|~ Jaqui to The Joker.|
- Jacqui is the only member of her team not to possess any supernatural abilities or items.
- Jacqui is the first Mortal Kombat X character to have more than six Brutalities. In her case, she has seven.
- She had her second name in honor of Sonya Blade who is one of her father's best friends.
- Initially Jacqui was a mixed race character but had her phenotype and skin tone changed to resemble of woman purely black ancestry as of Mortal Kombat 11.