|Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."
Spider-Man has declared that this article is still under construction.
James McCloud is the late father of Fox McCloud in the Star Fox series. He made his debut appearance by name in Star Fox SNES, but almost every game barring Star Fox 2 and Adventures, with Star Fox 64 showing him in the flesh for the first time, featured the character.
He is the former leader of Star Fox and Fox McCloud's father and Vixey Reinard's husband. He was a legendary and astonishing pilot who became the founder and leader of the legendary Star Fox Team, a mercenary-for-hire squadron in the Lylat System. James died when Pigma Dengar (A former Star Fox member) betrayed him and Peppy Hare into a deadly trap on Venom in which Andross killed James. Peppy escapes in time to inform James's son, Fox of his tragic fate. In grief, Fox withdrew from the Academy which he was attending to avenge his father's death, and made a new Star Fox team consisting of Peppy, Slippy Toad, and Falco Lombardi.
James McCloud appeared in the intro with his teammates, Peppy and Pigma and was betrayed by the latter leading Fox to take his spot as Star Fox's Leader. He is brought up many times by Peppy, whether he is saved from pursuing enemy groups or praising him for his performance as a leader. He is also mentioned by Pigma, a member of Star Wolf, who only brings up his betrayal and death to sadistically taunt Fox when they meet at either Bolse or Venom (if the Hard Route is taken). If Fox takes the Hard Route to Venom and defeats Andross resulting in a deadly explosion intended to take Fox's life, James himself appears in his son's dire situation, telling him not to ever give up and praises Fox at just how strong he had become since losing his life as James guides him out of the base safely and mysteriously disappears, leaving Fox to look around to see if he was alive, a ghost, or just his imagination. When asked by Peppy Hare what was wrong, Fox replies to him that nothing is wrong.
Names in Other Languages
- Latin: Jacomus McNubēs (Jacomus means "James" in Latin.)
- Spanish: Diego McNube (Diego means "James" in Spanish.)
- Portuguese: Diogo McNube (Diogo means "James" in Portuguese.)
- Italian: Giacomo McNimbo (Giacomo means "James" in Italian, while Nembo (a fourth declension noun from Latin Nimbus) means "raincloud", which is rather ironic, since rainclouds and rainstorms tend to be associated with sadness and pessimism, while James McCloud promotes optimism.)
- Japanese: Jēmzu Makuraudo (Semi-accurate transliteration of the name "James McCloud", which would later become his English name.)
|Nintendo All-Star Heroes|
Super Mario Bros. franchise