Jasper and Horace Badun are the deuteragonists of the 2021 black comedy crime film Cruella. They are the best friends and adoptive brothers of Cruella De Vil and her accomplices in her criminal activities.
They are adaptations of the animated Disney characters of the same name from 101 Dalmatians.
Jasper is a polite, soft spoken, easy-going and mild mannered man who is also quite insightful and emotionally sensitive. He is also slightly more serious than his brother and usually focuses on more technical aspects of operations, although is still likely to get involved physically. He also isn't afraid to speak his mind, is more than willing to stand up for himself and cares deeply about both Cruella and Horace, showing worry for his adoptive sister multiple times while also comforting his brother when the two had thought she had perished in a fire.
Horace is a friendly, jovial and relatively slow, but still clever and quick-thinking man who is also quite emotionally sensitive. Of the duo, he is more active, brash, willing to get his hands dirty, has a rather sardonic sense of humour and has a great deal of affection for his brother and adoptive sister while also having a strong bond with his dog Wink, who he keeps close to him at all times and is affectionate and loving towards him.
- The duo, especially Jasper, appear much more intelligent and competent than they did in any previous adaptation of 101 Dalmatians.
- Similar to Cruella, these versions of Horace and Jasper are portrayed as anti-heroes for many reasons:
- Cruella treats them more like companions and brothers than bumbling henchmen.
- They are more intelligent and competent than their cartoon and original live-action counterparts.
- They love dogs and even have a Chihuahua named Wink in their gang.
- Just like Cruella, they are both orphans and they take pity on her and let her join their gang.
101 Dalmatian Street