|“||I'd only been working the night shift for about a week, but I was very relieved to be switched over for the day shift. There's a lot of stress working from 12.a.m to 6.a.m. My boss told me that the animatronics were acting strangely-almost aggressive toward the staff-but I wasn't about to let that scare me off. After work I had a unsettling feeling that I was being followed home ...||„|
|~ Jeremy Fitzgerald, in the "Switching to the Day Shift" section in the Survival Logbook.|
Jeremy Fitzgerald is the main protagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's 2. He is a security guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, who works the night shift from 12 AM to 6 AM, but was then moved to the day shift later in the game.
Upon being hired, Jeremy is informed by Phone Guy of the details of his new occupation, also learning that the guard before him was moved to the day shift due to the animatronics trying to get into The Office.
Over the course of his shift, Jeremy learns that someone tampered with the animatronics, eventually leading to the restaurant's closing, and that he may be moved to the day shift as the "position just became...available" while the company tries to find someone to cover the night shift.
During Night 6, Phone Guy tells Jeremy that the next day he will work the day shift and is to closely monitor the animatronics during a birthday party. Upon completing the night, Jeremy receives a check for $20.10 for overtime, as well as a newsletter that says the restaurant is closing.
It is unknown what happens to Jeremy after the end of the game. Many presume that Jeremy is the victim of the Bite of 87, and thus lost his frontal lobe, but survived.
In FNaF: Help Wanted, a Jeremy is mentioned as having been the beta tester for the video game The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience. If this is the same Jeremy as Fitzgerald, then Jeremy has committed suicide by slicing his throat with a propeller after being driven insane by Glitchtrap.
Just like Mike, Jeremy is never seen, as the player is in first-person view of him the whole entire game. A difference about them is when Jeremy is killed, the player is still in first-person of him when the game over screen is displayed, unlike Mike, where the player is in third-person view of him, dead inside a Freddy Fazbear suit.
Similar to Mike, it is unknown of his behavior, but seems to be very focused and competent, due to the fact he can hold off all ten (eleven if you count Golden Freddy) of the killer animatronics at any time. Unlike Mike, however, Jeremy seems to be somewhat scared due to his heavy breathing when wearing the Freddy Fazbear Mask.
- Jeremy works all the nights in the game, except for the 7th night (Custom Night). As he is replaced by Fritz Smith.
- The only time players can hear Jeremy is when donning the Freddy Fazbear mask, due to the fact he's heard breathing heavily.
- Jeremy is paid a total of $120.60, that is ten cents more than what Mike gets.
- His name, along with Fritz, is seen on gravestones that appear at the very end of the completion round of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator. Fans generally theorize that these names belong to the Missing Children that haunted the Animatronics, with Jeremy belonging to the child that possessed Bonnie. However, fans have theorized their names were taken as an alias by Michael Afton, assuming they are the same person.
- In the "switching to the Day Shift" section in the Survival Logbook, text is present as a starter for readers to continue writing. The writing seems to be from Jeremy, talking about his shift, and how he felt like something was following him home. Whether this is paranoia is left unclear.
- Jeremy is theorized to be one of bullies from Five Nights at Freddy's 4, the one wearing the Freddy mask in particular.
Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location