|“||The battle was fierce, but the Order of the Stone emerged triumphant, saving the land and ensuring that peace and prosperity would reign forever.||„|
|~ Jesse reading out of the enchanted book in the Order of the Stone's temple.|
Jesse is the main protagonist of Minecraft: Story Mode. He or she is the playable character, and his or her gender and look are chosen by the player. Depending on the player's choices, Jesse can be portrayed as a generally kind, caring, and loyal friend, or as an egotistical, selfish, rude, and even greedy person who will do anything to get what he or she wants, like the Eversource.
The male version is voiced by Patton Oswalt (who also played Remy from Ratatouille), and the female version is voiced by Catherine Taber (who also played Padmé Amidala from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Lori Loud from The Loud House).
Jesse's personality depends entirely on the player's choices. Depending on what the player chooses, at his or her best, Jesse is willing to do anything for his or her friends, and is extremely loyal and caring towards them, even if he or she chooses not to show it. He or she can be polite and attempt to get along with whoever he or she meets.
Jesse can also be generous, as shown when Axel gives the entire group cookies except for Lukas, Jesse can give him his or her cookie. Jesse can also choose to give the Eversource to the people of Sky City, as they need resources more than he or she does. He or she can also suggest that they and Cassie Rose, who was desperate to return home, share his or her Enchanted Flint and Steel.
Jesse can also be humble at times and even empathize with others who mistreated him or her, such as when TorqueDawg, who, moments after meeting him or her started to insult him or her and his or her friends, is killed in a trap, he or she can empathize with him. This can also be shown when Cassie Rose, who was a serial killer with a very tragic backstory, was supposedly killed in her own trap, Jesse can say that, despite the fact that she had done some terrible things, no one deserves to be trapped away from home like she was.
Regardless of the player's choices however, Jesse does truly care for his or her friends, even if he or she chooses not to show it, as shown when he or she is visibly upset when Reuben dies, is shocked speechless if Aiden pushes Lukas off the edge of Sky City, is clearly horrified when his or her friends are presumably killed in the White Pumpkin's trap and when Lukas and Petra or Ivor are seemingly killed by Nell, Jesse is enraged and brutally attacks her, not knowing that they respawned.
Also regardless of the player's choices, both Olivia and Axel consider Jesse as their best friend. Olivia mentions in Episode 1 that Jesse takes Reuben with him or her everywhere he or she goes, suggesting a strong bond. In Season Two, regardless of player decisions, the residents of Beacontown seem to genuinely look up to Jesse and respect him or her.
NOTE: All of these acts are determined by the player's choice, and can be completely avoided or chosen.
- Let his or her friends protect the build while he or she went after Reuben by himself or herself, thus resulting the gang to win. (Because Olivia and Axel seemed to prefer protecting their build instead of helping Jesse find Reuben)
- Did not harshly scold Reuben for running off after his Ender Dragon costume is set on fire, since it wasn't Reuben's fault.
- Didn't threaten Aiden by telling him that he or she will get revenge on him.
- Traded his or her sword with Otis the butcher to save Reuben from slaughter, and by doing so, made nice with him.
- Told Axel to leave the potion where it was.
- Chose to rescue Lukas back to the basement.
- Gives his or her cookie to Lukas.
- Defends Lukas from Axel and call him out for acting overly antagonistic towards Lukas.
- Told Lukas to stay in the shelter.
- Convinced Mabel to stop with the Cow-a-pult instead of blowing it up. (Redstonia)
- Crafted a repeater instead of stealing one, preventing the death of several cows. (Redstonia)
- Trusts Axel with the Amulet (Boom Town)
- Trusts Gabriel or Petra with his/her secret, but advise them to tell the others about their sickness.
- Trusts Lukas with the Amulet and later Gabriel or Petra's secret.
- Showed concerns for Magnus and Ellegaard.
- Promises a dying Ellegaard or Magnus to save all the survivors, and keeps it.
- Lets Lukas go for him to find his friends or convince him to stay with them.
- Goes into the Witch's hut to get the cake in order to feed his or her gang, and/or the Potion of Leaping, but it may end up risking himself/herself and his/her friends' safety. Regardless of it, Olivia congratulates Jesse for getting the cake.
- Comforted Reuben before his tragic death.
- Allowed Gabriel to tell the truth about the Order.
- Let Ivor's lava house stand, since there is another way around it. Axel and Olivia can craft glass out of sand blocks to make the lava safer.
- Chose to help Ivor instead of running away from the guards.
- Chose to leave the Eversource where it was, because of the fact that the people of Sky City needed it to survive.
- Shows concern for Lukas after his fall. (Rescue Isa)
- Took Aiden to safety in Sky City.
- Left both Isa and Milo in power.
- Helped DanTDM and/or LDShadowLady fight off the spiders in the library instead of going after the White Pumpkin.
- Defended Lukas after being accused of being the White Pumpkin.
- Attempted to dig Cassie Rose out of the fallen sand.
- Chose to give Cassie Rose her pet cat, Winslow, to her for company.
- Apologize to Petra during their argument in the Portal Hallway.
- Helped Petra kill the Mind Controlled Zombie after her call for help, since there's a higher risk that the Mind-Controlled Zombie could have easily killed Petra if he or she didn't.
- Showed concerns for Harper when they were being chased by mind-controlled Zombies.
- Defended Harper from the citizens of Crown Mesa who blamed her for all the damage PAMA caused, causing them to accept her.
- Does not attack Nell a second time for "killing" Lukas and Ivor or Petra in the Spleef Game, because of the fact that she only eliminated them because of the competition.
- Makes a deal with Slab to get Lukas's journal back if he or she does everything Slab says. In return, Slab chose to help Jesse by pushing him or her away from the TNT.
- Saved Nell from falling in the lava instead of trying to beat Emily at the race. (Because leaving someone else behind to die during the race in order to win is considered cheating)
- Chose to only look at Tim's armor instead of trying to take it for himself or herself.
- Chose to reject Hadrian's second deal.
- Chose to tell the Competitors the truth about Tim.
- Chose to help Petra fight off the spiders instead of winning the race.
- Wrote on the sign, "WARNING: HECKMOUTH", since it would cause citizens to be careful in the area where the Heckmouth is.
- Calls Petra out for thinking it's easy for him/her and their friends to drop their duties and come adventuring with her.
- Chose to help Petra so she doesn't lose her sword, Miss Butter, again. (it was the best choice since Jesse and Petra worked so hard to get it back. Jack's eye is already blind and that Jack doesn't complain about it)
- Chose not to attack Romeo in his Snowman form.
- Showed no interest in joining Romeo.
- Tells Petra that adventuring is her "thing"
- Chose to thaw Stella from the ice instead of leaving her to die in the palace.
- Chose not to join the Warden.
- Chose to not shear Geoff.
- Gives Petra advice to be herself when they're about to meet Jack and Nurm. Later, he or she advises Jack to be himself when he met Ivor.
- Forgave Stella
- Went back to help Xara instead of leaving her behind.
- Gave Xara her bed, thus showing her there was still hope in the world.
- Gently coaxes Petra by telling her that she is nothing like Romeo.
- Let Radar save the townspeople from the Giant Enderman.
- Told Nell to keep Romeo's statue, meaning she won't get in trouble.
- Tried to save Romeo from the collapsing Terminal Space, thus taking pity on him and pulling him out of void.
- Biracial Jesse (both male and female) appear in the Netflix version of Minecraft: Story Mode. The only difference is that female Jesse is wearing blue overalls and black shoes.
- According to TorqueDawg, Jesse is a unisex name. YouTuber Smashbits Animations made a parody of Jesse as a sarcastic serial killer.
- The scene when Jesse and Petra are falling off the bridge in the first episode is a reference to The LEGO Movie.
Jurassic Park: The Game
Minecraft: Story Mode
Batman: The Telltale Series
Minecraft: Story Mode