|“||I love the night, it's the best time of the day||„|
|~ Jet Propulsion in Night of a Bazillion Stars|
Jet Propulsion is the protagonist of the animated television series, Ready Jet Go!. He is a humanoid alien who comes from the planet Bortron 7. He and his family are on an assignment to learn about Earth for a travel guide. He lives in Washington state and is the leader of his group.
Jet is a very thin alien that strongly resembles a human. He has fair skin, and spiky red hair that is swept to the side. He has thick red eyebrows and grey eyes. He wears a blue spacesuit. He wears grey boots with red laces.
Jet is a typical kid for Bortron 7, but he’s extraordinary to the kids next door. He’s always curious, he’s fearless, he leaps before he looks. Jet is unafraid of failure; on Bortron 7 there is no word for failure. You can’t get him down. Jet’s also kind of like the Music Man – you never know when he might burst into a song that he made up on the spot. He can build anything. Jet is endlessly delighted by our planet, which to him is huge and lush, incredibly varied and beautiful. He often points out the wonders of ordinary things to the Earth kids.
- He is actually 63 years old in Bortronian years.
- He and his pet, Sunspot, are the only characters to appear in every episode.
- His name is a tribute to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- He has the same voice actor as Rainbow Dash and Blythe Baxter.
- He actually revealed his alien identity to everyone in Boxwood Terrace in the episode My Fair Jet through a song, although nobody seemed to notice and most likely forgot about it.
- Jet hates ice cream.