|“||I'd shake hands, if you had any.||„|
|~ Joe Kido|
Joe Kido is one of main characters from Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure tri., Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna and supporting character of Digimon Adventure 02. Joe is the oldest of the group and a comic relief, a complainer, and a coward. He holds the crest of Reilability, and his partner is Gomamon.
In the English version, he was voiced by late Michael Lindsay who also voices Greymon, Gotsumon, Kankuro, Kisuke Urahara in the English version of the Digimon Adventure series and Robbie Daymond who also voices Mitsuki in Digimon Adventure tri. & Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.
In the Japanese version, he is voiced by Masami Kikuchi, later voiced by Junya Ikeda in Digimon Adventure tri. and returned to reprise his role for Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.
In Digimon Adventure/02, he have blue hair.
In Digimon Adventure tri., he have black hair.
He starts out a very high-strung and overstressed person. As the oldest of the DigiDestined, he often feels it's his duty to make sure everyone is doing okay. Though nervous and clumsy, he is considered very trustworthy and is an extremely responsible person.
In Digimon Adventure tri.,
- "But you're not a burden."
- "This has gone too far! I've had it!" ~ Joe putting his foot down when Veggiemon holds T.K. hostage
- "It's this whole being one of the DigiDestined thing."
- "Why is it always gotta be us? Why do we have to fight?"
- "But why? If there's a battle, it should be fought by people who want to be soldiers!"
- "That's not the point. But fighting is the last thing I should be concentrating on."
- "Matt, you were right. We would have to work together to get out of this mess. Now it looks like it's my turn!" ~ Joe after risking himself to save T.K. from Veggiemon
- "Hold on tight to that and you'll be all right. I wouldn't want your mom to worry about you. You're just a kid, I'm responsible for you," ~ Joe, after risking his life to save T.K. from drowning
- "I feel disgusted with myself because I'm such a coward."
- "Why do we always have to take care of things? Because we're the DigiDestined? Why do we have to drop everything?"
- "I thought it was over. But it keeps coming back like a bad dream."
- "How long are we supposed to be the DigiDestined?"
- "This is a big turning point in my life."
- "I want to grow up, contribute to society, figure out how I'm supposed to fit into it, without always worrying about being one of the DigiDestined."
- "I don't want to be selfish. But I want my life to actually be mine. That's why I've been hitting the books so hard."
- "Using growing up as an excuse. It's just pathetic."
- "I like to think I've matured a little bit since then."
- Joe is 12 years old in Digimon Adventure, 15 years old in Digimon Adventure 02 and 18 years old in Digimon Advenure tri. and 23 years old in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.
- Joe Kido on Digimon Wiki