This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page John Coffey contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Please boss, don't put that thing on my face. Don't put me in the dark. I's afraid of the dark.||„|
|~ John Coffey's most famous quote and last words|
John Coffey is the deuteragonist of the 1996 Stephen King book and 1999 movie, The Green Mile.
He was played by the late Michael Clarke Duncan who also voiced Tug in Disney’s Brother Bear
In 1935, Coffey was imprisoned in the Cold Mountain Penitentiary in Louisiana, charged with the rape and murder of 2 young white girls. But he's really polite and cordial and emotional. He also has powers of light and good, the ability to heal others, using it on Paul Edgecomb to cure his bladder infection, and the cancer infected wife of Warden Hal Moores, head of the death row prison. Coffey's explanation of his powers is that he "took it back".
Towards the end, William Wharton, criminal and villain, grabs Coffey's arm with futility and John Coffey sees that Wharton is actually responsible for the rape and killing of the 2 girls. When Percy Wetmore, guard and another villain, gets released from his punishment, Coffey seizes Wetmore and regurgitates the warden's wife's disease into Wetmore, making him catatonic permanently and shoot and kill Wharton. Coffey shows Edgecomb the truth. After Wetmore is admitted into Briar Ridge Mental Hospital as a patient, Edgecomb asks Coffey what he wants him to do and Coffey explains to Edgecomb that he wants to be executed and die so he can finally rest in peace from the cruelty and pain of the world. But he does want to watch a movie before he dies, which he does.
Powers and Abilities
- Healing:: John has the power take away diseases; but either must take them on himself or transfer it to another person.
- Resurrection: John possesses the power to reverse death; if it he does in a time shortly after death occurs.
- Mind Reading: John possesses mind reading through touching; where he can see your past if he lays his hands on you.
- Longevity Bestowal: John possesses an energy that, if transmitted to someone; he can give them an extremely long lifespan.
- Superhuman Strength: John is an extremely large and powerful man, standing at least 7 foot and weighing over 500 lbs; his strength far exceeds an average humans.
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
The Running Man