|“||It's been a few years, but... I've been there. The Last City. That's what WCKD called it. It was their whole base of operations. If that city is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, hermano. That's the Lion's Den.||„|
|~ Jorge describing the Last City to Thomas.|
Jorge is one of the three tetartagonists (alongside Aris and Brenda) of Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials and one of the four tetartagonists (alongside Gally, Frypan, and Brenda) of Maze Runner: The Death Cure.
Maze Runner: Scorch Trials
In the Scorch Trials film, The group meets Brenda and Jorge, who lead a dangerous band of survivors and have used the Cranks as their own guard dogs. When the two find that the group had come from WCKD and is looking for the Right Arm, the two agree to take them to the Right Arm, abandoning their group of survivors. Moments later, WCKD, led by Janson, storms the place, only for the facility to be destroyed by Jorge's explosives. However, Thomas and Brenda are left behind as the rest have escaped with Jorge. Thomas and Brenda manage to escape the Cranks, only for Brenda to get infected by a Crank in the process. Thomas experiences a flashback of when he and Teresa were working for WCKD, in which Thomas tries to warn Teresa of WCKD's plans, only for the two to be separated by WCKD's troops. As Thomas and Brenda reunite with the rest of the group, Jorge interrogates Marcus, a survivor who secretly works for WCKD, into revealing the whereabouts of the Right Arm. The group eventually arrive at the Right Arm's relief camps, where other innocent survivors are present, and are greeted by Vince, who leads the Right Arm and is in charge of deciding whether they can stay or not. As Brenda's infection gets worse, Vince threatens to shoot Brenda, only to be stopped by Mary Cooper, a former WCKD scientist who reveals that Thomas was their informant. As Mary halts Brenda's infection using an enzyme cure, Mary explains that the enzyme can only be harvested from an Immune's body, not manufactured, and that arguments over the methods of manufacturing the cure with Ava lead Mary's departure from WCKD. That evening, Teresa calls WCKD of her location, believing that WCKD's motivations are good, leading to an ambush by WCKD. Ava and Janson arrive and confront the Right Arm before WCKD troops captures survivors for experimentation, including Minho, while Janson shoots Mary in the stomach. After Thomas and the Right Arm fend the WCKD troops off, Ava, Janson, and Teresa retreat with their captured survivors. With only a fraction of survivors left at the site, Thomas plans an infiltration into WCKD and is determined to take them down, including Paige herself, to save his friends and save civilization, as his friends and the Right Arm agree to help and prepare to fight back.
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
At night, while Jorge, Aris, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, Vince, the Right Arm, and the Immune kids sleep, Thomas, Newt, and Frypan leave the hideout to go to the Last City to rescue Minho.
The next day, after discovering that Thomas, Newt, and Frypan have left the hideout to go to the Last City to rescue Minho, Jorge and Brenda leave the hideout to follow them.
Thomas, Newt, and Frypan drive into a tunnel, where they are chased by Cranks. Jorge and Brenda arrive to save them.
Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda arrive in the Last City. Thomas is scanned at the gate, and the WCKD guards recognize him. Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda run from the turrets and into a safe corner where a crew wearing gas masks rescue them and take them to a hideout, where a member of the crew reveals himself to be Gally. Jorge watches on as Thomas punches Gally in the face for killing Chuck. Newt stops Thomas and calms him down. When Jorge asks Frypan if he knows Gally, Frypan tells him that Gally was an old friend.
While Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda are led to Lawrence's hideout, Jorge is told by Gally that he was found lying on the floor of the WCKD lab with the spear still in his chest by Lawrence's crew, who, after discovering that he is immune to the Flare, pulled the spear out of his chest and took him to the Last City, where Lawrence patched him up and convinced him to join his crew. Jorge is told by Gally that Lawrence's crew is working to destroy WCKD. Jorge is told by Gally not to stare at Lawrence.
Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda arrive in Lawrence's hideout. Thomas tells Lawrence that he, Jorge, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda need to get into the WCKD tower. Lawrence tells Thomas that Jorge, Frypan, and Brenda can stay behind while he, Newt, and Gally go into the Last City. As Brenda watches Gally open a manhole cover to the tunnels and lower a ladder into the tunnels, Jorge tells Thomas to be careful going into the Last City with Newt and Gally.
The next day, in Lawrence's hideout, Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda go over plans to use Teresa to get into the WCKD Tower. Thomas is reluctant to use Teresa to get into WCKD. Newt reacts with extreme aggressiveness, screaming at Thomas for still having feelings for Teresa. After this, Newt calms down, apologizes, and walks out.
At night, while Thomas and Gally go into the Last City to capture Teresa, Jorge, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda go to an abandoned church. Thomas and Gally take Teresa to the church where Jorge, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda are. Jorge sits down opposite Brenda while Teresa tells Thomas, Newt, Gally, and Frypan that Minho is in Sub-Level 3 with the Immune teenagers.
Jorge returns to the Right Arm's hideout while Thomas, Teresa, Newt, and Gally go to the WCKD tower, Frypan climbs up a crane, and Brenda goes to a parking lot to steal a bus.
Jorge and Vince arrive with a berg to pick up Frypan, Brenda, and the Immune teenagers. They fly into the city to get Thomas, Newt, Minho, and Gally.
Jorge, Frypan, Brenda, Vince, and the Immune teenagers are waiting at the berg when they hear Teresa telling Thomas that his blood can cure Newt like it did Brenda, Minho and Gally arrive, asking Brenda where the serum is. While Minho, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda run to the train station, Jorge, Vince, and the Immune teenagers stay in the berg.
Minho, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda return to the berg where Jorge flies them, Vince, and the Immune teenagers to the top of the WCKD tower where Thomas and Teresa are. Thomas is unable to get on the berg due to being shot in the stomach by Janson, but Teresa manages to throw him onto the ramp of the berg, allowing Minho, Gally, Frypan, Brenda, and Vince to pull him onboard. Teresa falls to her death when the WCKD tower collapses. As Minho, Frypan, Brenda, and Vince help Gally bandage Thomas' wound, Jorge flies Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Brenda, Vince, and the Immune teenagers away from the WCKD tower.
Sometime later, Jorge, Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, Vince, the Right Arm, and the Immune teenagers arrive at the Safe Haven. Jorge is carving something with Minho when he and him see Thomas, who has woken up, approaching them. Jorge watches on as Thomas and Minho hug. At night, at the campfire, Jorge, Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, the Right Arm, and the Immune teenagers listen to Vince give a speech.
Jorge converses with Aris. Jorge is sitting at the campfire with Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, Vince, the Right Arm, and the Immune teenagers when Thomas approaches them and sits down with them. The next day, while Jorge is sleeping, Thomas goes to the memorial rock and carves Teresa's name on it. Thomas walks along the beach, stops walking, looks at the ocean and the ship, takes out the serum, looks at it, and looks out into the distance.
In the films, Jorge appears to be around fifty or so.
Powers and Abilities
- Disease Immunity: Jorge was shown to be immune to the effects of the deadly Flare virus.
- Explosive Proficiency: Jorge was shown to be an expert in creating explosives bomb devices and use them for offensive or defensive counter measures. As shown in the Scorch trails, when WCKD intruded his warehouse he tells Brenda to get Thomas and his friends out while he activates his record player which would trigger the grenades to go off once the music was over. When the song ended the either building collapsed apart lethality killing every WCKD soldiers inside. When being ambushed by snipers, Jorge had informed Thomas how his grenade can be used and later left it with him after WCKD ambushed the Right Arm headquarters.
- Expert Marksmanship & Weapon Proficiency: Jorge was shown to be an expert marksman in using firearm and explosive weaponry against enemy treats, as shown when he used his revolver to shoot an WCKD solider directly in the face point-blank and another in the right side of the chest.
- Expert Pilot: Before joining the Right Arm, Jorge was a Pilot during the years when working for WCKD. As shown in the Death Cure film, he flew the WCKD berg aircraft after ambushing it from them and was able to carry the cargo container that held captive Immunes inside to lead them and his group to safety. Then in the destruction and outbreak of the Last City, he also managed to fly the berg over to the top of the WCKD headquarters to keep it steady and close enough to reach Thomas and rescued him before the building collapsed and headed to the Safe Haven with everyone alive.
- Smith & Wesson No. 3 Russian: In the Scorch Trials film and the Death Cure film, Jorge wielded this revolver against WCKD opponents.
- Berg Aircraft: After apprehending the WCKD soldiers and polite, Jorge takes their aircraft and uses it as transportation for him and his army to travel.
- Hand Grenade: During the Scorch Trials film, Jorge carried a portable explosive bomb device and gave it to Thomas.