Jorge is a berg pilot for WICKED. He is the friend and protector of Brenda, and the two of them eventually betray WICKED.
Jorge is portrayed by Giancarlo Esposito, who also portrays Gus Fring in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, the Magic Mirror and Sidney Glass in Once Upon a Time, and Archie in Stargirl.
Maze Runner: Scorch Trials
In the Scorch Trials film, The group meets Brenda and Jorge, who lead a dangerous band of survivors and have used the Cranks as their own guard dogs. When the two find that the group had come from WCKD and is looking for the Right Arm, the two agree to take them to the Right Arm, abandoning their group of survivors. Moments later, WCKD, led by Janson, storms the place, only for the facility to be destroyed by Jorge's explosives. However, Thomas and Brenda are left behind as the rest have escaped with Jorge. Thomas and Brenda manage to escape the Cranks, only for Brenda to get infected by a Crank in the process. Thomas experiences a flashback of when he and Teresa were working for WCKD, in which Thomas tries to warn Teresa of WCKD's plans, only for the two to be separated by WCKD's troops. As Thomas and Brenda reunite with the rest of the group, Jorge interrogates Marcus, a survivor who secretly works for WCKD, into revealing the whereabouts of the Right Arm. The group eventually arrive at the Right Arm's relief camps, where other innocent survivors are present, and are greeted by Vince, who leads the Right Arm and is in charge of deciding whether they can stay or not. As Brenda's infection gets worse, Vince threatens to shoot Brenda, only to be stopped by Mary Cooper, a former WCKD scientist who reveals that Thomas was their informant. As Mary halts Brenda's infection using an enzyme cure, Mary explains that the enzyme can only be harvested from an Immune's body, not manufactured, and that arguments over the methods of manufacturing the cure with Ava lead Mary's departure from WCKD. That evening, Teresa calls WCKD of her location, believing that WCKD's motivations are good, leading to an ambush by WCKD. Ava and Janson arrive and confront the Right Arm before WCKD troops captures survivors for experimentation, including Minho, while Janson shoots Mary dead. After Thomas and the Right Arm fend the WCKD troops off, Ava, Janson, and Teresa retreat with their captured survivors. With only a fraction of survivors left at the site, Thomas plans an infiltration into WCKD and is determined to take them down, including Paige herself, to save his friends and save civilization, as his friends and the Right Arm agree to help and prepare to fight back.
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
At night, while Jorge, Aris, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, Vince, the Right Arm, and the Immune kids sleep, Thomas, Newt, and Frypan leave the hideout to go to the Last City to rescue Minho.
The next day, after discovering that Thomas, Newt, and Frypan have left the hideout to go to the Last City to rescue Minho, Jorge and Brenda leave the hideout to follow them.
Thomas, Newt, and Frypan drive into a tunnel, where they are chased by Cranks. Jorge and Brenda arrive to save them.
Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda arrive in the Last City. Thomas is scanned at the gate, and the WCKD guards recognize him. Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda run from the turrets and into a safe corner where a crew wearing gas masks rescue them and take them to a hideout, where a member of the crew reveals himself to be Gally, who Thomas, Newt, and Frypan introduce Jorge to.
Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda arrive in Lawrence's hideout. Thomas tells Lawrence that he, Jorge, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda need to get into the Last City. Lawrence tells Thomas that he can go into the Last City with Newt and Gally while Jorge, Frypan, and Brenda stay behind. As Brenda watches Gally open a manhole cover to the tunnels and lower a ladder into the tunnels, Jorge tells Thomas to be careful going into the Last City with Newt and Gally.
In Lawrence's hideout, Jorge, Thomas, Newt, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda go over plans to use Teresa to get into WCKD. Thomas is reluctant to use Teresa to get into WCKD. Newt reacts with extreme aggressiveness, screaming at Thomas for still having feelings for Teresa. Shocked about himself, he apologizes and walks out.
At night, while Thomas and Gally go into the Last City to capture Teresa, Jorge, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda go to an abandoned church. Thomas and Gally take Teresa to the church where Jorge, Newt, Frypan, and Brenda are. Jorge watches as Teresa tells Thomas, Newt, Gally, and Frypan that Minho is in Sub-Level 3 with the the other Immune WCKD test subjects.
Jorge returns to the Right Arm's hideout while Thomas, Teresa, Newt, and Gally go to the WCKD tower, Frypan climbs up a crane, and Brenda goes to a parking lot to steal a bus.
Jorge and Vince arrive with a berg to rescue Frypan, Brenda, and the Immune children. They fly into the city to get Thomas, Newt, Minho, and Gally.
Jorge, Frypan, Brenda, Vince, and the Immune children are waiting at the berg when they hear Teresa telling Thomas that his blood can cure Newt like it did Brenda, Minho and Gally arrive, asking where the serum is. Jorge, Vince, and the Immune children stay in the berg while Minho, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda run to the train station.
Minho, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda return to the berg where Jorge flies them, Vince, and the Immune children to the top of the WCKD tower where Thomas and Teresa are. Thomas is unable to get on the berg due to being shot in the stomach by Janson, but Teresa manages to throw him onto the ramp of the berg, allowing Minho, Gally, Frypan, Brenda, and Vince to pull him onboard. Teresa falls to her death when the WCKD tower collapses. As Minho, Frypan, Brenda, and Vince help Gally bandage Thomas' wound, Jorge flies Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Brenda, Vince, and the Immune children away from the WCKD tower.
Sometime later, Jorge, Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, Vince, the Right Arm, and the Immune children arrive at the Safe Haven. Jorge is carving something with Minho when he and him see Thomas, who has woken up, approaching them. Jorge watches as Thomas and Minho hug. At night, at the campfire, Jorge, Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, the Right Arm, and the Immune children listen to Vince give a speech.
Jorge talks with Aris. Jorge is sitting at the campfire with Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, Vince, the Right Arm, and the Immune kids when Thomas approaches them and sits down with them. The next day, while Aris is sleeping, Thomas goes to the memorial rock and carves Teresa's name on it. Thomas walks along the beach, stops walking, looks at the ocean and the ship, takes the serum out of his pocket, looks at it, and looks out into the distance.
In the films, Jorge appears to be around fifty or so.
Powers & Abilities
- Disease Immunity: Jorge was shown to be immune to the effects of the deadly Flare virus.
- Explosive Proficiency: Jorge was shown to be an expert in creating explosives bomb devices and use them for offensive or defensive counter measures. As shown in the Scorch trails, when WCKD intruded his warehouse he tells Brenda to give Thomas and his friends out while he activates his record player which would trigger the grenades to go off once the music was over. When the song ended the either building collapsed apart lethality killing every WCKD soldiers inside. When being ambushed by snipers, Jorge had informed Thomas how his grenade can be used and later left it with him after WCKD ambushed the Right Arm headquarters.
- Expert Gunmanship & Weapon Proficiency: Jorge was shown to be an expert marksman in using firearm and explosive weaponry against enemy treats, as shown when he used his revolver to shoot an WCKD solider directly in the face point-blank and another in the right side of the chest.
- Expert Pilot: Before joining the Right arm, Jorge was a Pilot during the years when working for WCKD, as shown in the Death Cure film he flew the WCKD berg aircraft after ambushing it from them and was able to carry the cargo container that held captive Immunes inside to lead them and his group to safety. Then in the destruction and outbreak of the Last City, he also managed to fly the berg over to the top of the WCKD headquarters to keep it steady and close enough to reach Thomas and rescued him before the building collapsed and headed to the Safe Haven with everyone alive.
- Smith & Wesson No. 3 Russian: In the Scorch Trials film and the Death Cure film, Jorge wielded this revolver against WCKD opponents.
- Berg Aircraft: After apprehending the WCKD soldiers and polite, Jorge takes their aircraft and uses it as transportation for him and his army to travel.
- Hand Grenade: During Scorch Trials, Jorge carried a portable explosive bomb device and gave it to Thomas.