|“||There's something different in all of us, and nothing-- not a spell, big gloves, nothing-- can change that or take it away. We're all still mutants.||„|
|“||We can do anything. We can be anyone. That's the definition of being alive. That's magic. Race you to the bottom!||„|
|~ Jubilee to X-23.|
Jubilation "Jubilee" Lee is a fictional character and superheroine from the Marvel Comics, and is associated with the X-Men franchise, and appears as the main protagonist in her titular comics.
A mutant, Jubilee had the superhuman power to generate "sparkles" out of her hands, consisting of explosive plasma. A teenage "mall rat," she was the X-Men's youngest member in the early 1990s, often playing sidekick to Wolverine. She eventually joined the junior team Generation X. Jubilee is one of the depowered mutant characters who later reappeared using technology-based powers in the New Warriors comic series. She has since been turned into a vampire by Dracula's son where she gained vampire-like powers also making her one of his progeny, offspring.
She was a prominent character in the 1990s-era X-Men animated series. In late 2004, Marvel launched a self-titled series for Jubilee set in Los Angeles, written by Robert Kirkman and covers by Casey Jones; it was canceled after six issues. She also has cameo appearances in four X-Men films; she is portrayed by Katrina Florence in X-Men (2000), Kea Wong in X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand, and by Lana Condor in X-Men: Apocalypse.
She was created by Chris Claremont and Marc Silvestri, and first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #244 in May of 1989.
- 1 History
- 2 Biography
- 3 Physical Appearance
- 4 Personality
- 5 Powers and Abilities
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Family Tree
- 8 External Links
- 9 Navigation
Jubilee is a young American girl who was the daughter of two Chinese immigrants shee was born in Beverly Hills, California. She spent most of her time at the mall instead of her home before Jubilation got her powers she trained to become a gymnasts she almost joined the Olympic games until her parents were murdered.
After the death of her parents Jubilee spent her life in and out of orphanages and foster homes until ran away and moved into the mall which was like a second home to her. With no family or money Jubilation used her powers and gymnastics to to steal and preform tricks for money. Even though she had almost nothing Jubilee still keep her high-spirits she had when she lived with her parents.
Jubilee had gotten into a lot of trouble with the mall security many times. But when they finally almost caught her she was lucky the X-Men spotted her while they were shopping Jubilee decided to join them she found a new home and a new family. Joining the X-Men didn't change her she was still the same energetic, rebellious girl before she met them.
Joining the team Jubilation used her nickname her parents and friends always called her Jubilee a her superhero name. She also likes to wear her favorite outfit almost every time in a battle with a supervillain or on a regular day. Like a few other students at the school Jubilee formed a close bond with Wolverine just like Shadowcat and Rouge who think of him as a father figure. Being apart of of the X-Men Jubilee got to experience amazing adventures that normal teens dreamed of having.
A lot of times Jubilee has managed to look on the bright side of almost everything even after she lost her powers and became a vampire. She has never let anything change her and has still stady the clumsy, peppy, playful, fun-loving, caring, witty girl that she has always been.
Jubilation "Jubilee" Lee was born in Beverly Hills, California to Zhan and Jingyi Lee, and grew up in a loving family while also attending an exlusive school. One day while at the mall, Jubilee was chased by security and discovered her mutant powers, which allowed her to evade security and escape. She learned that her powers was to generate energy similar to a firecracker, allowing her to blind or discombobulate her targets. Following this, Jubilee became an orphan after her parents were killed in a car accident, but she would escape from the orphanage and started hide in the mall.
Security would call the M-Squad to deal with Jubilee's previous antics, but Lee was saved by X-Men members Storm, Dazzler and Psylocke. When the trio left the mall via a portal, Jubilee went through and discovered them living in a temporary base in Australia, and started to secretly hide there despite the mutant Gateway knowing of her presence. The X-Men would leave the base as the Reavers started to establish themselves there, and Jubilee discovered Wolverine hanged on a cross left to die. After nursing him back to health, Jubilee and Wolverine traveled to Hong Kong where they fought against the Hand. Once they dealt with the Hand, Jubilee returned to the United States with Wolverine and Psylocke (whom was previously brainwashed by the Mandarin) and became a member of the X-Men, but her teammates often worried of putting her in danger.
Despite her age, Jubilee proved herself to be a useful member of the team after dealing with Omega Red, the Brood and the Skrulls, and developed a father-daughter like relationship with Wolverine. During her stay at the X-Mansion, Jubilee became friends with Illyana Rasputina and Kitty Pryde, and mourned Illyana's passing alongside her brother Piotr.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Jubilee is a beautiful young mutant with short black hair and brown eyes.
* * *
Height: 152 – 165 cm (5' – 5' 5")
Weight: 45 – 57 kg (100 – 125lb)
Eyes: Dark Brown
Age: 13 (The Uncanny X-men #244), 16 (Generation X #68), 17 (Jubilee #1)
* * *
Jubilee is a spunky, happy, energetic, bubbly, joyful, upbeat, cheerful, over-confident character. She is anxious to be apart of the action and will often get herself into trouble trying to prove her worth. Even though she works hard to try and prove herself she also likes to goof off have fun, clown around and be mischievous.
Her determination and strong spirit helped became great at gymnastics when she lived with her parents. She may get in to mischief for fun but Jubilee is as good girl honorable, determined, friendly and loyal. And despite the fact that she likes to joke around she has shown when she puts her mind to it she can do while with out messing up.
She likes action, adventure, shopping, gymnastics, spending time at the mall, playing, hang out with friends and doesn't like to stay still. Jubilee likes fighting bad guys and doesn't like friends or good people fighting each. Though Jubilee is a kind and caring young girl who never let's her spirit get dampened she isn't pleased when she has to do something that she thinks is boring and gets to miss out on anything fun.
Powers and Abilities
Athletics and Gymnastics
Despite her young age Jubilee is in top physical condition. Before gaining her mutant powers Jubilee was a gifted athlete and a skilled gymnast. After gaining her powers and becoming an X-man she has continued to hone her athletic and gymnastic skills. As a result Jubilee is extremely flexible, agile, fast, strong and durable.
- Gymnastics: Jubilee had qualified for the Olympic Games before her parents were murdered. IN the X-men her skill has improved considerably.
- Swimming: Jubilee is a reasonable good swimmer.
- In-line Skating: She's a superb rollerblader and excels at aggressive inline skating, or blading. Using the roller blades in combat allows her to move around quickly.
- Acrobatics, Leaping, Jumping: Jubilee's acrobatic stunts during combat are nearly on a superhuman level.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Before joining the X-Men Jubilee had some knowledge of unarmed combat. In the X-men she has received rigorous fighting training most notably from Wolverine, her favorite mentor.
- Athletic Combat: Jubilee's utilizes her natural athletic ability in combat and her fighting style is a mixture of gymnastics and martial arts. She's fast and agile and a master at dodging and evading incoming attacks.
- Swordsmanship: Jubilee is good with the sword having received training from both Wolverine and Raizo Kado (a vampire samurai).
- Jubilee has been shown driving motorcycles with great skill, piloting boats and the Xmen's Blackbird plane.
- Before meeting the X-Men Jubilee lived on her own and to make ends meet became a talented thief. Using her quickness and manual dexterity Jubilee learned to pick locks and pick pockets. Avoiding getting caught made her a great at stealth.
- Leadership: Jubilee is not just a pretty face, also an able leader
- Languages: English and Shi'ar.
- First Aid: Jubilee is experienced in first aid and can, among other things, perform CPR.
- Mechanics & Electronics: Jubilee has some understanding of mechanics and electronics.
- Artist: Drawing
- Fireworks (Pyrokinesis): also called ''Pyrotechnic Energy Plasmoids'', ''Energy Plasmoids'' and ''Lumikinetic Explosive Light Blasts''.
- Psionic Shields
- Superhuman Strength
- Force Field
- Intangibility - 'Ghost Mode'
At one point, after losing her mutant powers due to M-Day Jubilee became a vampire gaining all the powers and weaknesses of said creatures. These powers included:
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed: Jubilee was able to run and move with superhuman speed.
- Immortality: As an undead Jubilee did not have to worry about dying a natural death. An unnatural death was a different matter and things like a wooden stake through her heart, a beheading and prolonged exposure to sunlight would have killed her.
- Superhuman Agility: Jubilee's already impressive natural agility was enhanced to superhuman levels.
- Superhuman Reflexes: She became even quicker than before.
- Superhuman Senses: All of her senses, including sight, smell, hearing, touch and taste, were improved to superhuman levels. She also gained night vision, allowing her to see in darkness.
- Superhuman Durability: Jubilee's body became tougher an more resistant tp physical injury.
- Superhuman Stamina & Endurance: Jubilee's body became more resistant to the fatigue toxins generated by her muscles during physical activity.
- Healing Factor: Like other vampires, Jubilee was able to regenerate wounds.
- Animal Control: Jubilee was able to control a pack of wolves.
- Mist Form: Jubilee had the ability to turn into a mist and thus becoming intangible.
- Telepthy (limited): Jubilee had a limited telepathioc ability and could see a person past by tasting their blood.
- Hypnosis: Jubilee could place people into a trance allowing her to bite them more easily.
- Infectious Bite: Her bite could turn other people into vampires. Her fangs certinly helped.
- Fangs and Claws: Jubilee's canines grew into fangs and her nails into sharp claws.
- Limited Sunlight Exposure: Because of Wolverine's healing factor in her blood Jubilee could spend a longer in the sun than most vampires.
Former Vampire related weaknesses:
- Silver Allergy: Jubilee's might have had a vulnerability to silver.
- Garlic Allergy: Jubilee's vampirism made her sensitive to the smell of garlic.
- Vulnerability to Sunlight: Thanks to a treatment using Wolverine's blood, sunlight did not kill or harm Jubilee. Direct, intense sunlight did harm her however.
- Blood Craving: Like all vampires Jubilee required blood to survive.
Disadvantages & Weaknesses
- Jubilee suffers from dyscalculia that results in difficulty learning or comprehending arithmetics.
- Unknown Parents - Jubilee's mom and dad were Chinese immigrants who came over to America who are now deceased. Their daughter was born in America making her an legal U.S.A. citizen.
- Shoo Lee - Jubilee's legally adopted son.
- Xarus - Son of Dracula and the vampire who turned Jubilee into a vampire. Which turned her into his progeny offspring.
- Dracula - His son Xarus turned Jubilee into a vampire making her his progeny. Because of Xarus Jubilee is now connected and tied to Dracula's family tree.
- Movie Jubille can be found here: Jubilee (X-Men Movies)
- Jubilee on The Ultimate Guide to X-Men
- Jubilee on Wikipedia
- Jubilee in the Marvel Database