|“||Because... we are furniture...||„|
Kanon is a hero from Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Also known by his real name of Yoshiya, he is a young servant of the Ushiromiya family who works in Rokkenjima's mansion. He handles his work in silence, but he is sullen and his appraisal is not high. He and Shannon are among a number of servants who work on Rokkenjima and possess character "音" (on or ne) in their pseudonym and are permitted to bear the Ushiromiya crest upon their uniforms; however, only Kanon and Shannon are on duty during the events on Rokkenjima. Kanon thinks of Shannon as his elder sister and highly disapproves of her feelings for George Ushiromiya, as he believes she should not feel love as she is only furniture. He also denies any human emotions in himself because he thinks of himself as only furniture. This brought problems to him later since he has a crush on Jessica Ushiromiya. He was created to be a little brother to Shannon, therefore being connected to Yasu.
Kanon is a playable character in Ougon Musou Kyoku. He is voiced by Yuu Kobayashi.
- Kinzo Ushiromiya (employer)
- Jessica Ushiromiya (love interest)
- Shannon (older sister/alternate personality)
- Genji Ronoue (head servant)
- Yasu (true form/personality)
Kanon appears to be a very weak and frail boy with medium-length dark gray hair and blue eyes. He wears a black shirt with a purple bow in the middle and red shorts. He also wears stripped socks and brown shoes.
At the present time, he is the latest furniture Kinzo created. Because of the experience that had been accumulated so far, he fulfilled his specifications with nothing to criticize. Kanon also received a heart, but it turned out rather weak compared to Shannon's. Having felt some danger to himself in his last years because of his fortune, Kinzo gave Kanon some precious fighting and protecting powers. However, Kanon hasn't matured and is unable to control his own power and speed.
- Kanon's personality, most likely, is related to Yasu's conflicting understanding of not knowing whether to identify as male or female (reflected in the conflict between Kanon and Shannon) based the ambiguous condition of Yasu's body and mystery behind what Yasu's original gender was.
- His true name, Yoshiya, actually has a secret meaning.
- In Dawn of the Golden Witch it is revealed that Kanon was on good terms with Kinzo and when family wasn't around he could turn unbelievably childish or ask Kanon to take a part in his strange pranks. Also Kinzo let Kanon shoot with his guns a lot, which might explain why Yasu is used to rifles.