Kazimieras "Kaz" is a main character in the series, Mighty Med. He is portrayed by Bradley Steven Perry. He is a character in the Lab Rats and Mighty Med spin-off, Lab Rats: Elite Force. with his best friend Skylar Storm and Oliver.
Kaz, along with Oliver, was a comic book nerd who enjoyed reading about superheroes. Kaz and Oliver have been best friends since preschool, and they're always there for each other. Most likely to be voted as “class clown“, Kaz may be reckless and impulsive, but at the end of the day, he’ll always put friendship first. An accident at a comic book shop led them to go to the hospital, which led them to discover Mighty Med (and thus superheroes) by accident. There he (along with Oliver) became the first normo employee at Mighty Med Hospital. It was there that they met Skylar Storm and other superheroes whom they befriended. He and Oliver tried to restore Skylar's powers, and in doing so, they fought against The Annihilator, an evil mutant who stole Skylar's powers and later turned her evil. They traveled to Caldera, met Hapax the Elder and saved Skylar from the Annihilator's evil by having her powers drained. Kaz's troubles didn't end there. He and Oliver discovered bionic superhumans, beings similar to superheroes and met Donald Davenport and the Lab Rats. He later came across Oliver's mother, also known as Mr. Terror, a ruthless villain who sought absolute power in a bid to rule the world. In a failed attempt to stop Oliver's mother, Kaz (along with Oliver) gained superpowers after absorbing the Arcturion's energy. He and Oliver used their new powers to defeat Bridget/Mr. Terror.
Lab Rats: Elite Force
After Mighty Med was destroyed, Kaz, along with Oliver and Skylar went to Davenport to help them track the villains. Soon after, reuniting with their friends Bree and Chase.
Kaz is a laid-back guy who, unlike Oliver, doesn't think before his actions. He is outgoing, fun to be around and brave. When Kaz first started working at Mighty Med, Horace wasn't as sure on hiring Kaz as he was for Oliver. However, with some mistakes along the way, he can be just as trustworthy and a great employee. His favorite superhero is Tecton and when he is brought to the hospital Kaz tries to fix him but accidentally leaves a hole in his stomach. He knew that it was all his fault that Tecton wasn't healing, Kaz can eventually admit to being wrong.
He is best friends with Oliver and have each others' back and when they argue they both learn to forgive each other because they wouldn't know what to do without one another.
In I, Normo, it is shown that Kaz can sometimes be selfish and not care about other people's feelings, but he can sincerely apologize to them without any hard feelings. In some aspects, Kaz can be jealous towards Oliver, especially when things are involved around his crush, Stefanie. Kaz has a problem with authority therefore he can't always make right decisions and he can be very competitive even about the smallest things like being taller than Oliver and being more competitive than him.
In the most serious of situations, Kaz becomes more rational and logical. When Skylar turned evil, Kaz would remind Oliver to move past his personal feelings for her, telling him that saving the world comes first, even if it means taking her down. Kaz is also willing to sacrifice himself for others which shows that he is growing as a person.
Powers, Abilities and Weakness
- Flight: In the Mighty Med episode The Mother of All Villains, Kaz, along with Oliver, absorbed power from the Arcturion and obtained the superpower to fly. Kaz and Oliver discovered this when they found themselves floating in the hospital. Kaz seems to have perfected this power and is better than Oliver at using it. This is shown in Power Play: when Kaz flew up into the open window he didn't need to jump. Instead, he just lifted off the ground and flew upwards unlike Oliver who (as we've seen) falls and then flies. He can reach incredible speeds when flying, demonstrating being able to exceed Bree's and Skylar's maximum speed (clocked at 72,000 miles per hour) in The Rock. It seems Kaz is a better flyer then Oliver, as he can propel himself off the ground via jumping, while Oliver has to begin flying after first falling. He also has better control over his landings.
- Pyrokinesis: Kaz can generate fire from his hands, whether as short blasts, or continuous streams. He can also control how much they go across his arm, as to protect his shirts. Kaz's powers are closely related to Solar Flare's, another superhero. He was able to take on Scarlet in a fight.
- Fire Grenades: Kaz can shoot fire projectiles out of his mouth, whether spitting them out, or simply yawning. Kaz likes to call this his "Yawn Bomb."
- Calokinesis: Oliver states that Kaz has heat powers.
- Super Durability: He has shown to just be barely injured by powerful forces that would have done more damage to him as a Normo.
- Fire Resistance: He was shown to be able to put his arm on fire and this didn't hurt him at all.
- Two Simultaneous Abilities: Whenever Kaz activates his Pyrokinesis, he activates his Fire resistance as well to protect himself from the heat. Unlike Chase however, this doesn't seem to put stress on his nervous system and it doesn't cause him to pass out.
- Super Strength: Via the Key Keeper's Key of Steel and the Enlarging Ray.
- Super Durability: Via the Key Keeper's Key of Steel.
- Super Intelligence: Kaz briefly borrowed Chase Davenport's super intelligence in order to cure him in Lab Rats vs. Mighty Med.
- Shapeshifting: When Kaz drank Chase's serum in Sheep-Shifting, he temporarily gained the ability to shapeshift. He shifted into the Black Swarm, Bree, Perry, and a sheep. However, he gained the intellect of whatever he turned into, so he had the mind of a sheep, and was thus unable to turn back to normal until the serum wore off. When Kaz had shapeshifting abilities, he seemed to have complete control over it, being able to switch between the Black Swarm, Bree, Perry, and a sheep.
- Advanced Comic Book Knowledge: He knows as much, and possibly more than Kaz about comic books, including superheroes, villains, as well as their strengths and weaknesses. Him and Kaz would make diversions to help the superheroes in battles against the villains. His knowledge also compliments his medical training.
- Advanced Medical Skills and Knowledge: he has an advanced skill and knowledge in the medical field, which, tied with his comic book knowledge and expertise, helps him at work. As his father is a workaholic brain trauma researcher, that is probably the source of his medical knowledge.
- Mighty Med Training: As a former doctor in Mighty Med, Kaz has medical knowledge on treating superheroes. His skills proves to be beneficial in the Elite Force, as he and Oliver used their Mighty Med training to revive Crossbow.
- Extreme Stacking Skills: In the episode Follow the Leader he and Oliver made a game called "Topple the Tower". Bree commented how silly it was but later on when Perry,Skylar and Chase get trapped behind a wall of debris it's up to him and Oliver to get them out.
- Skilled Thievery: Kaz is a great thief that he steal pens on a daily base and steal the Key of Steel from Skylar even when she has Super Sense. He is also skill enough to aware people stealing things from him as when Skylar was trying to take the Key of Stell from him he knew she was going to do it.
- Clumsiness: Kaz is very clumsy and tends to mess up certain situations, much like Leo in Lab Rats.
- Lack of Seriousness: Kaz often fails to grasp the enormity of a situation, which works to his disadvantage.
- Emotions: Since Kaz tends to leap before he looks, he let his emotions get the best of him, causing him to act without thinking and come face-to-face with Roman and Riker alone.
- Unintentional Power Triggering: Like Oliver, and the Lab Rats when they unlocked new abilities, Kaz is new at controlling his powers and his powers can activate unintentionally. This was shown in Holding Out for a Hero, where he discovered his fire grenade ability when he yawned, setting the coffee table and umbrella stand on fire.
- Simplicity: Kaz is extremely simple, and not a very good problem solver. All of his plans involve only one or two steps. Oliver has even stated to Chase that Kaz has a slight learning disability.
Oliver, Kaz, and Skylar have used various of Mighty Med Equipment , superhero and supervillain objects, and use a lot of his own weapons. In Elite force he pick up some Davenport equipment.
- MM200 communicates- They let the doctors in Mighty Med call Kaz or Oliver when they needs them. First Seen in Saving People who Save People.
- Super watch: First Seen in Saving People who Save People. It has at least 2 functions it can transform your hand into a chainsaw and can summon a saw plate
- Night Vision Goggles: In The Friend of My Friend Is My Enemy, Kaz, Skylar, and Oliver use to see in the dark when fighting Experion.
- Absolute Zero Freeze Ray: Absolute Zero's Freeze Ray is a tool that Absolute Zero uses to freeze objects. Absolute Zero's Freeze Ray was stolen by The Annihilator. Kaz briefly used it ait in There's a Storm Coming when The Annihilator was about to kill Oliver and used it for their escape.
- Wormhole Transporter: Along with Oliver, Kaz took a wormhole transporter from Mighty Med that allows him to travel to other places in the universe, or travel back and forth in time.
- Atmospheric Regulator Patches: Along with the Wormhole Transporter it help him to survive place that has extreme climates
- Black Hole Gun: In the future, Kaz gets a black hole gun from the League of Heroes to protect the world from any major threat, by sending them into a black hole.
- Enlarging Ray: Kaz formerly used the Enlarging Ray gun on his hand, making it big enough to give himself super strength to take out Mort.
- Neural Incapacitater: a gun that incapacitates people
- Key of Steel: Kaz had the Key of Steel and its abilities only for a short amount of time because the Key Keeper took it back. The Key grants its holder incredible powers, including Super Strength and making them as durable as steel. The only weapon that can destroy the Key's power is the Hammer of Achelon.
- Hammer of Achelon: Kaz used it against Slaughter Master after putting the Key of Steel on him.
- Pandorean Pen: Kaz stole the Pandorean Pen from Mighty Med. Kaz originally steals it to get an expensive necklace for Stefanie, but then ends up using it to get tons of other expensive things for himself.
- Kaz - Mighty Med Wiki
- Kaz - Lab Rats: Elite Force Wiki