|“||This is my last... FESTIVAL!!!||„|
|~ Kazumi's words before charging into his final battle against Evolt's genetic copies.|
Kazumi Sawatari is the Kamen Rider of Hokuto and one of the main protagonists of Kamen Rider Build. Though initially antagonistic towards Sento Kiryu and co., he later allies with them after his nation is invaded by Seito. By inserting the Robot Jelly Bottle into his Sclash Driver, Kazumi transforms into Kamen Rider Grease.
He later serves as the main protagonist of the V-Cinema Kamen Rider Build NEW WORLD: Kamen Rider Grease.
He is portrayed by Kouhei Takeda, who also played Otoya Kurenai and Masao Kurenai in Kamen Rider Kiva and Vaan in Final Fantasy XII via motion capture.
- 1 History
- 2 Forms
- 3 Quotes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
- 6 Navigation
Kazumi was originally the owner of a family farm in Hokuto, where he employed Akaba, Aoba and Kiba as his workers. However, after the Sky Wall Disaster occurred, virtually all of the land in the region was rendered infertile. Rather than lay off his workers, Kazumi used his savings to help support them and their families.
After his savings were depleted, Kazumi offered himself up to be experimented on as a test subject by Faust so he could keep supporting his employees. He told Blood Stalk to tell his workers that he had lost his memories as a side effect of the experiment.
In preparation for Hokuto's invasion of Touto, Kazumi was placed in charge of a strike team and tasked with acquiring Touto's Fullbottles and Pandora Box panels. Soichi Isurugi provided him with a Sclash Driver that would allow him to transform into Kamen Rider Grease. The rest of Sawatari's team was comprised of his three workers who, feeling indebted to their boss for his sacrifice, had allowed themselves to be turned into Hard Smash.
After Prime Minister Yoshiko Tajimi declared war on Touto, Kamen Rider Grease spearheaded Hokuto's advance into the neighboring nation, penetrating the Skywall to get through.
He was encountered by Ryuga Banjou as he was searching for the Hokuto Three Crows. When a Strong Smash Hazard suddenly appeared and began attacking bystanders,, Kazumi destroyed the Smash in one punch using his hidden Helicopter Fullbottle before Ryuga had a chance to use the Build Driver. He later showed up to challenge Sento and Ryuga after they defeated the Hokuto Three Crows.
During a fight with Kamen Riders Build and Cross-Z, Kazumi lost Aoba when Build went on a brutal rampage induced by Hazard Trigger's affects and killed him. After canceling Sento's form, Kazumi went over to Aoba who handed his name tag over to Kazumi before dying and disintegrating into blue smoke.
When Seito took advantage of the displacement of Hokuto's troops to launch an invasion of the country, Kazumi and the remaining Crows entered into a fight with the Washio brothers. During the fight, Kiba sacrificed himself to block a finisher from Remocon Bro's. As he laying dying, Kazumi called Kiba by his real name, revealing that he hadn't actually lost his memories. Kiba then handed his dog tag over to Kazumi before disintegrating into yellow smoke.
Kazumi went on to witness Akaba being killed by Kamen Rider Rogue, with Akaba's final words being to thank his boss for everything. Kazumi ran up to Akaba, calling him by his real name as he disintegrated into red smoke and left his dog tags behind.
Kazumi would later make a grave for the Three Crows at Sky Road. He continued to fight against Seito to ensure the well-being of the Crows' families.
Confrontation at the Pandora Tower
After Evolt revealed his extraterrestrial origins to the world and announced his intentions to destroy it, he challenged the Kamen Riders to a final battle to decide the fate of planet. To be more powerful for the upcoming battle, Kazumi asked Sento if he could make an upgrade for him, to which Sento revealed to Kazumi that the Blizzard Knucke was intended to be one for him. However, Sento warned Kazumi that the Blizzard Knuckle was only intended to be used as a weapon and that using it as a transformation device with the Build Driver would make him at risk of dying.
Alongside his fellow Kamen Riders, Kazumi showed up to confront Evolt at the summit of the Pandora Tower. Evolt then explained to them the rules of their fight: they would have to reach the top of the Pandora Tower and for every ten minutes that they didn't he would destroy a section of Japan. After Evolt teleported off and sent his Hard Guardians after them, Kazumi and the others transformed into their Rider forms and obliterated the Hard Guardian army by combining their attacks.
Making their way inside the tower, the four encountered what appeared to be the Hokuto Three Crows. However, Grease instantly identified them as impostors. Congratulating Grease on being able to spot them as fakes, Evolt explained that they were mimics created from his DNA and warned the Riders to keep moving before he destroys another section of Japan. Telling the other Riders to go along without him, Evolt stays behind to face off against the impostor Hokuto Three Crows, who transform into their Smash Hazard forms to take him on.
While initially managing to fight them off, the doppelgangers exploit Kazumi's feelings of protection for the real Three Crows to mess with him and gain an advantage. After being overpowered by the three mimics, Kazumi cancels his Kamen Rider transformation and recalls how he felt when each of the Three Crows died. Revealing he had snatched Shinobu Katsuragi's Build Driver, Kazumi inserts the Blizzard Knuckle into it to transform into Kamen Rider Grease Blizzard and faces off against the mimic Hokuto Three Crows, apologizing to Sento for going back on his promise not to die.
As Kamen Rider Grease Blizzard, Grease managed to destroy each of the three mimic clones, though soon began to fade as a side affect of transforming with the Blizzard Knuckle. Not being able to do anything to stop himself from dying, Grease instead uses the opportunity to purify the Castle Lost Bottle for Sento.
As he reverts from his transformation, Misora clutches him in her arms and begs him not to die, telling him the reason why she always called him "Grease" rather than his real name was because she was worried that saying it would lead to him being killed. Commenting that he can't die when has his favorite girl rooting for him, Kazumi fades away, leaving behind the Castle Lost Bottle and his dog tag for Misora to collect.
In the new world created by merging the World of Build into the main Kamen Rider world, Kazumi was still the owner of his farm with the Hokuto Three Crows at his side. He was seen eating at the nascita cafe with the Hokuto Trio and fell in love with Misora at first sight.
Kamen Rider Build NEW WORLD: Kamen Rider Cross-Z
Kazumi had his memories of the World of Build restored along with the rest of Team Build after Killbus opened the Pandora Box again. Reuniting with his old comrades, Kazumi and the others were informed by Sento of the threat posed by Killbus.
Kamen Rider Grease and Kamen Rider Rogue showed up to rescue Ryuga from Killbus and teleport away with him and Yui Mabuchi, bringing them to Sento's back-up lab. When Ryuga went to go face off against Killbus, Kazumi and Gentoku accompanied him and fought off the Clone Smash Killbus summoned.
At the end of the special, after Killbus has been defeated, Kazumi and Gentoku are seen getting irritated with Ryuga for ignoring the signs that Yui obviously likes him.
Kamen Rider Grease
Height: 203.0cm Weight : 118.3kg Punching power: 31.3t Kicking power: 34.3t Jumping power: 54.0m (one jump) Running power: 2.5 seconds (100m) Special move: Scrap finish
- Grease Head - The head of Kamen Rider Grease.
- Struggle Enhancer - An output adjustment device provided on the head of Kamen Rider Grease. It stirs up the fighting spirit of the transformant, optimizes each function, and supports to bring out higher abilities. In some cases, it is possible to bring out combat ability that exceeds the basic performance.
- G Battle Module - Kamen Rider Grease data collection device. In addition to accurately grasping the abilities of yourself and the enemy from the collected battle data, you can manage the condition of the whole body and perform emergency repairs. It is also possible to send a forwarding signal to the twin breaker and make it appear at hand.
- Clear Face Tector - Armored parts that protect the face of Kamen Rider Grease. A gel-like cushion with excellent shock absorption is attached under the armor, and damage to the head can be minimized even if an enemy attack hits directly.
- G Variable Head Armor - Armored parts that protect the head of Kamen Rider Grease. It is a hardened variable jelly, and has the property of improving durability by optimizing the internal structure and density balance each time it is attacked.
- Machine Pack Shoulder - Armor that protects the shoulders of Kamen Rider Grease. When the Special Move is activated, the variable jelly stored inside is spouted vigorously, and special attacks and arming that take advantage of its characteristics are executed.
- Force Crash Arm - The arm of Kamen Rider Grease. The stretchable gel pad inside the suit assists each movement, greatly increasing strength and exercise speed. In addition, by accumulating battles, the gel pad becomes familiar with the body of the transformant and demonstrates higher attack performance.
- Robostragle Gloves - Reinforced gloves that cover the fists of Kamen Rider Grease. He specializes in continuous fighting attacks using twin breakers, and the power of punch attacks increases as the fighting spirit of the transformant increases.
- Force Crash Leg - The legs of Kamen Rider Grease. The elastic gel pad inside the suit assists each movement, greatly increasing leg strength and exercise speed. In addition, by accumulating battles, the gel pad becomes familiar with the body of the transformant and demonstrates higher attack performance.
- Robostragle Shoes - Battle shoes of Kamen Rider Grease. It has a built-in striking crusher and can launch a trampling attack that also collapses the bedrock. Also, as the fighting spirit of the transformant increases, the power of the kick attack increases.
- G Variable Chest Armor - Clear armor that protects the chest of Kamen Rider Grease. It is a hardened variable jelly, and has the property of improving durability by optimizing the internal structure and density balance each time it is attacked.
- Underbase Armor - Kamen Rider Grease body armor. Lightweight, easy-to-move, shock-absorbing gel-like cushions protect the spine and chest. In addition, it has the role of controlling the shape of the variable jelly that erupts from the head during transformation with a special pulse, and fixing and attaching it as armor.
- Sclash Driver - A belt used when transforming into Kamen Rider Grease.
- Machine Splash Armory - A jet attack device attached to the arm of Kamen Rider Grease. When the Special Move is activated, the variable jelly stored inside is spouted vigorously, and special attacks and arming that take advantage of its characteristics are executed.
- Sclash Nozzle - A variable jelly spouting unit attached to each part of the whole body of Kamen Rider Grease. It is connected to the jelly tank of the smash driver, and has the role of ejecting the variable jelly inside the tank when transforming or activating the technique.
- G Enhancement Suit - Impact resistant body suit of Kamen Rider Grease. It is possible to protect the transformant from combat damage and at the same time strengthen the body according to the hazard level. Innumerable jelly pipes are stretched inside the suit, which plays the role of connecting the driver's jelly tank and the ejection unit of each part of the whole body.
Kamen Rider Grease Blizzard
The transformation belt used when transforming into Kamen Rider Grease. Transformation is possible by inserting the Blizzard Knuckle into the twin Fullbottle slots.
- Vortec Charger - Energy generation unit installed in the Build Driver. By turning the vortex lever, the engine "Nitro Dynamo" inside the device operates at high speed, generating the energy required for transformation and activation of special moves.
- L & P Amplifier - A converter built into the Build Driver. It has the role of converting the strong and correct feelings of the transformant into special strengthening ingredients and bringing about true combat ability. Since the special strengthening ingredient affects the existence with emotions, it is also possible to hit the enemy with a special move with the ingredient added and cause fatal damage to the mind and body.
- Building Module - High-speed factory deployment device installed in the Build Driver. It has the role of developing "Snap Ride Builder", a device that generates and installs Kamen Rider Build equipment.
- Vortec Lever - An action lever used when transforming or activating a special move. The energy generation unit "Vortec Charger" is operated by turning the lever. Larger energy can be generated by increasing the number of revolutions and the rotation speed.
- Twin Fullbottle Slot - A full bottle slot used for transformation and full bottle change. Shake the full bottle using the rotation of the vortex lever to take the substance "Transel Solid" in the bottle into the driver. In addition, it has a full bottle identification function, and instantly determines whether the two loaded full bottles are the best match combination.
- Safety Guard Case - Exterior parts that protect the internal functions of the Build Driver. High-strength material with excellent heat resistance and impact resistance is used, and it has sufficient strength to withstand the battle with smash.
- Snap Ride Builder - A high-speed factory developed when transforming or making a Fullbottle change. The substance "Transel Solid", which is the material for suits and armor, is injected into the mold and processed instantly. It has the role of attaching the completed equipment to the transformant and completing the transformation process.
- Factory A Pipeline A - Transparent pipe that connects the Build Driver and the high-speed factory. It has the role of sending the liquid "Transel Solid" that has been heated and pressurized inside the driver to the high-speed factory "Snap Ride Builder".
- BLD Ride Port - The extension device outlet located at the top of the Build Driver. When transforming into a hazard form, attach a Hazard Trigger to this part.
- Qualifier - A type of safety device built into the Build Driver. By scanning the body data, it is automatically determined whether or not the wearer is a system compliant person, and if it is a compliant person, the transformation function is normally activated.
- Adjust Bind - The belt part of the Build Driver. It is usually stored inside the driver and automatically wraps around the wearer's waist when transforming. The length of the belt is adjusted according to the wearer's body shape and clothing.
- Fullbottle Holder - Fullbottle Holder. It is possible to load up to 3 arbitrary Fullbottles.
A brass knuckles type reinforced item developed by Sento Kiryu. By loading it in the build driver together with the North Blizzard Full Bottle, it can be transformed into Kamen Rider Grease Blizzard. In addition, it has the function of taking in the components of the loaded full bottle and increasing the power of the blow attack.
- Northern Force Knuckler - Freezing and crushing unit attached to the Grease Blizzard Knuckle. High-rigidity parts containing the components of robot smash jelly are used on the striking surface, and a vibration crusher that enhances the power of striking attacks is also incorporated. Also, when firing a charge attack, luminescent energy is released from the four ducts.
- GBZ Glacial Charger - An energy generation unit mounted on the Grease Blizzard Knuckle. In addition to converting the components of the North Blizzard Full Bottle into the ice crystal equipment "Variable Ice" at the time of transformation, it also has the role of generating luminescent energy for performing transformation and charge attacks. In addition, the captured transgel solid can be deep-frozen and the amount of its components can be increased up to 4 times.
- Full Bottle Slot - Full bottle slot built into the grease blizzard knuckle. It has the role of activating the substance "Transel Solid" in the loaded bottle with a special pulse and taking it inside.
- GBZ Knuckle Transer - Deformation button of grease blizzard knuckle used at the time of transformation. After loading the North Blizzard Full Bottle into the slot, hold down the button and pull up the grip to activate the transformation system. At this time, the GBZ Glacial Charger is activated and a large amount of variable ice is rapidly generated.
- Blizzard Break Grip - The grip part of the grease blizzard knuckle. Equipped with a motion detection system, it optimizes the behavior at the time of attack by recording and analyzing the behavior of the enemy and the habits of the user. The video recording of Kazumi Sawatari's transformation into Kamen Rider Grease is also reflected as battle data.
- GBZ Knuckle Connector - Connection terminal for grease blizzard knuckle used during transformation. At the same time that the Gris Blizzard Knuckle is loaded into the build driver, the Northern Force Knuckle is opened to the left and right to expand the driver's functions. After that, he developed a special freezing device "Eye Slide Builder" that is directly connected to the GBZ Glacial Charger, and has the role of making the transformant soaked in variable ice. Variable ice reacts to the special pulse emitted by the driver, and transforms into a suit or armament while breaking moderately.
- Robotic Igniter - A Grease Blizzard Knuckle button used when a charge attack is activated. By pressing the button, the GBZ Glacial Charger is activated to rapidly generate and compress the luminescence energy. The luminescence energy is released from the duct on the striking surface as soon as the button is released, and freezes and crushes the enemy with the hit of the punch attack. When a full bottle is loaded in the full bottle slot, a special charge attack with that characteristic is possible, and in some cases, the enemy can be incapacitated with a single blow.
|“||Kazumi: A war’s erupted between Touto, Hokuto, and Seito over the immense energy within Pandora’s Box. Touto, home of Sento Kiryu aka Kamen Rider Build, engages in a 3-on-3 proxy battle against Seito to end the conflict. After wins from both sides, Battle 3 began, and as Build collided against Kamen Rider Rogue…
Ryuga: Why are you doing the introduction?!
Kazumi: Sento’s still fighting, man. And quit being so rude. I’m older than you, at 29. Call me Kazumin, like I said.
Ryuga: Never, ever happening! Forget this clown, here comes episode 29!
Kazumi: Actually it's Episode 28. 29 is my age.
Ryuga: Quit trying to confuse me, Kazumin! ...oh.
|~ Kazumi providing the recap for episode 28 while Sento is fighting Rogue.|
- His actor, Kouhei Takeda, previously portrayed Otoya Kurenai in Kamen Rider Kiva.
Kamen Rider X
Kamen Rider Amazon
Kamen Rider Stronger
Kamen Rider Super-1
Kamen Rider ZX
Kamen Rider Black/RX
Kamen Rider Kuuga
Kamen Rider Agito
Kamen Rider Ryuki
Kamen Rider Blade