He was voiced by Steven Yeun, who portrays Glenn Rhee from The Walking Dead, Nathan Park from Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters, Wan from The Legend of Korra, Bo from The Star, Little Cato from Final Space and Speckle from Tuca & Bertie.
Keith is originally an skilled exploration pilot and cadet at Galaxy Garrison and is considered as the most talented fighter pilot of his generation. Due to his disciplinary issues, he got flunked out. He was refused to live by the rules of other people, he carved his own path instead.
Keith is hotheaded and temperamental, much like his (former) lion, which makes it hard for many to work with him. Known to be an orphan, Keith has trouble opening up and connecting with others aside from Shiro, who has acted as a mentor and guide for him; Keith quickly seemed to forget his fellow classmates once expelled from the Galaxy Garrison. He spent most of his time after his expulsion living alone in a shack out in the desert and searching for the source of strange energy he felt, leading him to explore a nearby range of mountains. It was in these mountains that he learned of the existence of the Blue Lion once Shiro returns from his captivity in the Galra Empire and fellow Garrison cadets assist in the Lion's discovery.
He is a skilled martial artist. He uses a bayard that turns into a sword (katar) that can slice enemies, even solid metal.
- Keith is in his late teens. He is 18 years old as seen in The Paladin's Handbook.
- Keith's full name is not yet revealed. Originally named by Krolia, his mother, as "Yurak", which is based on the 80's series Voltron: Defender of the Universe, but his father suggested to name him "Keith".
- Keith is similar to Dewey Duck from Ducktales Animated 2017.
- When he passed the Trials of Marmora, Keith has part-Galra heritage as the Galra knife evidenced.
- Keith now bears a Galra marking on his face as similar to his mother's natural Galra markings after a duel with Shiro's clone.