Kelsier is a half-skaa Mistborn from Scadrial. He is stern and intense, but always smiling; another act of rebellion against the Lord Ruler's oppression. He hates injustice and takes this hatred to the extreme, which originally resulted in him being unable to see good in any of the nobility. This was changed by Vin who fell in love with Elend Venture. Kelsier went on to save Elend's life from an inquisitor. His late wife Mare collected pre-Ascension memorabilia, and he keeps one piece, a drawing of a flower, to inspire his crew. Kelsier is the younger brother of Marsh, who is disappointed at Kelsier's apparent lack of direction or purpose until Kelsier leads the skaa rebellion. He always keeps a smile on his face, believing that is the best way to fight.
- I decided that I'd see her dream fulfilled. I'd make a world where ﬂowers returned, a world with green plants, a world where no soot fell from the sky....I know. I'm insane.
- If you're always on time, then it implies that you never have anything better that you should be doing.
- But you can't kill me, Lord Tyrant. I represent that one thing you've never been able to kill, no matter how hard you try. I am hope.
- From the Well of Ascension, of course. It's the same power, after all. Solid in the metal you fed to Elend. The liquid in the pool you burned. And vapor in the air, confined to night. Hiding you. Protecting you. Giving you power!
- Kelsier and Hoid do not get along.
- If given the chance, Kelsier would find it "really fun" to punch Honor next.
- Kelsier would understand, but still disapprove of, Taravangian's plans.
- He is more of a coffee person than tea.
- Kelsier would beat Kaladin in a straight fight as he is prone to using dirty tactics. On the battlefield, Kaladin would be more likely to win.