|“||You're all just rookiees right now. Rookies who have all been chosen to serve, protect, and obey. You've been recruited like others have for millennia cuz you all have the potential ta overcome fear. After I'm finished with ya, some of you might do just that...and some of ya might be able to learn how to use those power rings. Some of you might even get to be one of the sventy two hundred who will protect the universe as agents of the Guardians of the Universe. Yep, some of you might become members of the Green Lantern Corps. Then again, some of you might not. Any questions?||„|
|“||Don't care what you Poozers believe -- you can fry us until we're dead -- I'm not telling you anything.||„|
|~ Prime Earth Kilowog.|
Kilowog is a fictional character and superhero from DC comics, and is one of the main characters of the Green Lantern comic book series. He is a Bolovaxian member of the Green Lantern Corps of the Sector 674, who held from home planet as a brilliant geneticist. He is is a drill instructor, responsible for teaching and mentoring newly-recruited Green Lanterns in Oa. He is also a friend and ally of Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, and Guy Gardner, and has been a member of the Justice League International.
He was created by Joe Staton and Steve Englehart, and first appeared in Green Lantern Corps #201 in June of 1986.
While he served the Corps, Kilowog's planet was destroyed. Wiping out his people and most importantly his family. Kilowog continued to serve the Corps and became close friends with Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern of Earth. He originally trained Jordan as a new recruit when he was first inducted into the Corps.
Kilowog aided Jordan on their escapade in Frontier Space to confront the Red Lantern Corps after the group attempted to murder a Green Lantern, nine months after the murder of M'Ten. Kilowog and Hal were joined, in their quest, by a Red Lantern named Razer, who they originally wanted to keep captive before he saved the two from their certain deaths. Kilowog would argue with the rogue Red Lantern frequently on their quest and continued to do so up until the defeat of Atrocitus.
Kilowog returned to his previous position of training young Green Lanterns before he was recruited by Hal for a new team to face off against Anti-Monitor, a being seeking to destroy the universe and eliminate all of existence.
Kilowog was born on the planet Bolovax Vik, and became a brilliant geneticist and later a Green Lantern when the previous lantern, Branwilla died. Though Kilowog was chosen to become a member of the corps, it meant that leaving his home planet would be tainted as exile. Despite this, Kilowog joined the Green Lantern Corps, and became the corps's best drill sergeant and instructor for rookies.
During his tenure as a Green Lantern, Kilowog would train Hal Jordan, who was chosen to be the next lantern after the death of the legendary Abin Sur. During the "Crisis on Infinite Earths", Kilowog's home planet was destroyed, and he placed the life energies into his ring to save his people until he found a home for them. However, the planet he found for them was destroyed by Sinestro, and Kilowog was unable to save them again. Kilowog would later be assigned to Earth, and helped Soviet scientists work on the Rocket Red Brigade. He would also become good friends with John Stewart, Salakk, Katma Tui, Ch'p, and also held feelings for Arisia of Graxos IV. In addition, Kilowog also helped Guy Gardner with the Justice League, becoming a repairman and mechanic for the team.
When Hal Jordan decided to destroy the corps after his home city was destroyed, Kilowog battled Jordan while he was possessed by the entity Parallax. Kilowog was killed by Jordan, but he returned as a vengeful spirit known as the Dark Lantern, being revived by aliens who used black magic. The Dark Lantern attempted to get revenge on his former friend, but it ended by Oa was restored by Tom Kalmaku. Kilowog was returned to his normal state, and participated in trying to restore Oa with Jordan, Stewart, Gardner, and Kyle Rayner. The Green Lantern Corps would later battle Parallax, whom was defeated and trapped in the Central Power Battery, and Kilowog was then tasked to train a thousand new recruits.
During the "Blackest Night" storyline, Kilowog encountered a reanimated Ermey, who blamed him for his death for saving Sinestro. Kilowog was forced to battle Ermey and was nearly killed by him, but the Black Lanterns were informed that their rings had reached full power. The Black Lanterns were then tasked to devour the Central Power Battery, and Kilowog gathered with the Green Lanterns to protect it from them.
- In Green Lantern: First Flight, he was voiced by Michael Madsen, who also played Dr. Peter Shirtcliff in Lumberjack Man, and also voiced Toni Cipriani in Grand Theft Auto III, John Tanner in DRIV3R, Daud in Dishonored.
- In the 2011 film, he was portrayed by Spencer Wilding and voiced by the late Michael Clarke Duncan, who also played John Coffey in The Green Mile, and also voiced Tug in Disney's Brother Bear.
- In Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, he was voiced by Henry Rollins.
- In Justice League vs. the Fatal Five, voiced again by Kevin Michael Richardson, who also voiced Gantu in Lilo & Stitch, Maurice The Penguins of Madagascar, and Antauri in Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!.
- Richardson also voiced the character in Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters.
- In Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, he was voiced again by John DiMaggio, who voices Marcus Fenix in the Gears of War series, and also voiced Bender Bending Rodriguez in Futurama.
- DiMaggio also voiced the character in Duck Dodgers.
- In Justice League, voiced by Dennis Haysbert.
- In Batman: The Brave and the Bold, he was voiced by Diedrich Bader, who voices Batman in the Harley Quinn tv series, and also voiced Hoss Delgado in The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Fiskerton in The Secret Saturdays, Spitfire in Skylanders.
- In DC Super Hero Girls, he was voiced by Jason Spisak, who also voiced Geo Stelar in Mega Man Star Force.
- In Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, he was voiced by Travis Willingham, who also voiced Reggie Rowe in inFamous: Second Son, King Roland II in Sofia the First, and Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Kilowog is known for calling recruits the word "Poozer", which is apparently an insult from his home planet.
|Justice League International|