| This stub is making Kirby hungry with its lack of substance.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
King Arthur is perhaps one of the most famous monarchs of history and is also known as a heroic figure in many stories - most of which also involve equally famous heroes of medieval legend such as Sir Lancelot and the Knights Of The Round Table, King Arthur has never been proven to exist but is said to be based on several leaders in history who helped to bring relative peace to the lands of Britain following the anarchy that was rife after the end of Roman occupation (though the Arthurian stories he stars in are usually viewed as legend and as such nothing can be taken as literal).
King Arthur was mortally wounded in a battle, but was said to be taken to the island of Avalon where he either died of his wounds or, according to some tales, was put into a magical slumber so that he may rise again to lead his people when they are most in need of his aid.
- In A Connecticut Yankee, he was played by the late William Farnum.
- In A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, he was played by the late Sir Cedric Hardwicke.
- In "Fantasy Island", he was played by the late Robert Mandan.
- In Squareheads of the Round Table, he was played by the late Vernon Dent.
- In Knights of the Round Table, he was played by the late Mel Ferrer.
- In Lancelot and Guinevere, he was played by the late Brian Aherne.
- In The Sword in the Stone, he was voiced by Rickie Sorensen, Richard, and Robert Reitherman.
- In 1967's Camelot, he was played by the late Richard Harris.
- In Monty Python and the Holy Grail, he was played by the late Graham Chapman.
- In Excalibur, he was played by the late Nigel Terry.
- In First Knight, he was played by the late Sir Sean Connery.
- In Quest for Camelot, he was voiced by Pierce Brosnan.
- In 2004's King Arthur, he was played by Clive Owen.
- In Arthur and Merlin, he was played by Kirk Barker.
- In King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, he was portrayed by Charlie Hunnam.
- In Transformers: The Last Knight, he was played by Liam Garrigan.
- In Cursed, he was portrayed by Devon Terrell.
- In Green Knight, he is portrayed by Sean Harris.
- Despite being identified as a King, Arthur in both the Historia Brittonum and Annales Cambriae identifies him as a "dux bellorum" (leader of battles) and "miles" (soldier or knight). Furthermore, despite being famous as a heroic figure, some of his earliest incarnation whom depicted by writers Mallory and Geoffrey was more malevolent. In addition, Arthur is also closely associated with the otherworld Annwn in Welsh mythology.
Folklore, Religions, and Myths