|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating its info wherever necessary.
And now time resumes!
The Seven Princesses of Atlantica (commonly referred to as the Daughters of Triton) are the daughters of King Triton and Queen Athena, debuting in the 1989 Disney animated feature film, The Little Mermaid.
- Main article: Attina
- Main article: Alana
- Main article: Adella
- Main article: Aquata
- Main article: Arista
- Main article: Andrina
- Main article: Ariel
The Little Mermaid
Ariel has six older sisters named Attina, Alana, Adella, Aquata, Arista and Andrina. They perform the song "Daughters of Triton." Later, Attina, Andrina, Adella and Aquata make a brief appearance together with Ariel, in what appears to be the palace dressing room. In this scene, Ariel emerges from behind a curtain of seaweed swimming dreamily and hums a few lines from "Part of Your World." The sisters notice a change in Ariel's mood and conclude that Ariel is in love. All six sisters appear again in the end of the film together with Triton, smiling and waving to Ariel after she marries Eric.
The Little Mermaid (TV series)
Just like in the original film, Attina, Alana, Adella, Aquata, Arista, and Andrina have minor roles in the prequel series, however, in some episodes, Alana and Arista respectively are supporting characters.
The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
In the second film, the sisters play a minor role with only Attina, Andrina, Aquata and Adella having dialogue.
The Little Mermaid III: Ariel's Beginning
- Each of Triton's daughters has different hair and eye color in the third movie, but in the first movie, they all have blue eyes.
- Originally Aquata was the oldest sister and the heir to Atlantica's throne. However, this was retconned by Ariel's Beginning and switched her place with Attina.
- Point of reference, Adella admits in Ariel's Beginning, to being two years older than Ariel, therefore, making her the fifth daughter.
- Attina is somewhat of an authority figure among the sisters. This most likely stems from the fact that she is the heir to Atlantica's throne and thus has taken on her the responsibilities of a queen.
- Ariel resembles her mother but acts like her father.
- Arista is shown in the animated series to have Ariel's attitude just like her father.
- Arista's bangs often change sides between scenes.
- Another feature between them is that six have different updo hairstyles, while Ariel is the only one with her hair down.
- Like in the original story, they are all one year apart from each other.
- Although Ariel's Beginning lists their birth order as Attina, Alana, Adella, Aquata, Arista, Andrina, and Ariel, the original film's song, "Daughters of Triton", strongly implies that their birth order was Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Attina, Adella, Alana, and Ariel.
- Their tails are the different colors of the rainbow.
- Arista - red; Attina - orange; Adella - yellow; Ariel - green; Aquata - blue; Andrina - purple; Alana - pink.
- In the prequel film, they have different eye colors.
- Attina - green; Alana - violet; Adella - teal; Aquata - brown; Arista - ice blue; Andrina - hazel; Ariel - blue.
- Attina and Andrina are the only two of Ariel's sister's too appear in Kingdom Hearts II.