The Swan Princess
William is known as one of the greatest defenders of an unnamed European kingdom, possibly Medieval Wales in Great Britain. He is remembered as one of the late rulers who arranged with Queen Uberta to marry off their children Prince Derek and Princess Odette. After Odette's birth, King William defeated the evil sorcerer Rothbart, banning him from the kingdom.
William died during the battle between Sir Rothbart when Rothbart attacked him and the guards. William's corpse is later found by Prince Derek upon hearing the ambush where Odette was captured. After the death of William, his kingdom now belongs to Odette, which is being wanted by Sir Rothbart.
He dies when Rothbart attacks him and his guards when they left Derek's Kingdom, and kidnaps Odette. After upon hearing this, Derek arrives and sees William laying on the ground, telling him that "it's not what it seems..." before dying. With William gone, his Kingdom is now Odette's and that is what Rothbart wants.
- King William is voiced by American actor Dakin Matthews.
- King William appears in a flashback from the 5th movie. This actually was a deleted scene from the first film.
- In The Swan Princess Christmas, Odette said that she and King William used to go to the woodcutters village every Christmas leaving food and presents at their doorsteps. This is the first time he's been used in a sequel.
- King William's last words before dying is similar to when Littlefoot's mother dies in The Land Before Time.
- King William at The Swan Princess Wiki.