|Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."
Spider-Man has declared that this article is still under construction.
Kisa Sohma is one of the supporting characters of the Fruits Basket series and and cursed by the spirit of the tiger of the zodiac.
In the 2001 anime series, she is voiced by Kaori Nazuka in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Kate Bristol in the English version of the anime.
In the 2019 anime series, she is voiced by Reina Ueda in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Kate Bristol in the English version of the anime.
She had golden color for her hair and eyes.
When her curse activates, Kisa transforms into a golden tiger cub.
She is depicted as a cute, shy and withdrawn girl.
When Tohru first met her, Kisa had a tendency to bite when in her animal form and is seen as a little tiger cub biting anyone who approaches or angers her. When Kisa starts seventh grade, her classmates harass and ostracize her because of her naturally tawny hair and golden eyes, an effect of her curse, and the cause of her shyness. Because she feels ashamed of being bullied, she does not tell her worried mother what is happening and stops speaking; when this distresses her mother even further, she runs away and is found by Hatsuharu. She also sees Hatsuharu as an older brother figure. Tohru Honda, who understands Kisa's distress because she was once bullied herself, helps Kisa to come out of her shell, and Kisa becomes very attached to Tohru, calling her "onee-chan" (translated as "big sister" in both the English manga and subtitled anime, and as "Sissy" in the English dubbed anime).
She sometimes gets frustrated at Hiro because of his treatment of Tohru. Kisa likes Hiro and is hurt when he withdraws from her to protect her from Akito Sohma, much like Hatsuharu is hurt by Rin.
As the series progresses, Kisa is shown struggling with her shyness, and feels it is a major accomplishment to greet Kyo directly, instead of relying on Hiro to speak for her. In the final chapter, she is seen holding Hiro's arm and they are presumed to be a couple.
- In author's notes, Natsuki Takaya described her as "in competition to be the first or second most beautiful character" and as a "girly-girl."
- Kisa is a fan of the fictional anime series Mogeta, which she sometimes watches with Tohru and Hiro.
- Takaya derived her name from the second month, kisaragi or "changing clothes month," which is the month of the Tiger, of the traditional Japanese calendar.
- She is the seventh of the cursed Sohmas to have her curse broken.
- Her English Voice Actress, Kate Bristol also voices Pikachu from Pokémon The Movie: I Choose You!.
- Her First Japanese Voice Actress, Kaori Nazuka also voices Tsubaki Nakatsukasa from Soul Eater series.
- Her Second Japanese Voice Actress, Reina Ueda also voices Mallow from Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon series and Mikan Akemi from My Monster Secret.