This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||Over here. This pile of rocks waving at you. I'm actually a thing, I'm a being. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Korg. I'm kind of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see, but don't let that intimidate you. You don't need to be afraid, unless you're made of scissors! Just a little Rock, Paper, Scissors joke for you.||„|
|~ Korg showing off his humor.|
|“||Beer's on the bucket. Feel free to log on to the Wi-Fi. No password, obviously. Thor, he's back. That kid on the TV just called me a dickhead again.||„|
|~ Korg in Avengers: Endgame.|
Korg is a major character in Thor: Ragnarok, a supporting character in Avengers: Endgame and one of the two tritagonists of Thor: Love and Thunder (alongside Valkyrie).
He is a Kronan gladiator who resided on Sakaar and led a rebellion against Grandmaster, and stole the Statesman (one of the Grandmaster's spaceships) along with Loki and the rest of his rebellion and joined Thor on his trip to Earth after the destruction of Asgard. After Thanos wiped out half of the universe, Korg assisted his allies in fighting against the 2014 version of the titan in the battle of Earth.
|“||I tried to start a revolution but didn't print enough pamphlets so hardly anyone turned up. Except for my mum and her boyfriend, who I hate. As punishment, I was forced to be in here and become a gladiator.||„|
Korg attempted to star a rebellion against the Grandmaster, but due to him not printing enough pamphlets, he failed to do so. The only people to come were his mother and her boyfriend, whom he hated. Afterward, he was forced to become one of the Grandmaster's champions, and befriended Miek, another gladiator.
He meets Thor on Sakaar along with his friend Miek, Korg makes a joke about rock-paper-scissors after meeting Thor when he watches Thor and Hulk he is frightened and reminded of his old (and dead) friend, Doug's battle.
later in the film, Valkyrie recruits Korg and he leads a rebellion to escape Sakaar, while walking to steal a spaceship, he encounters Loki on the floor (Thor had electrocuted him) and Loki joins the Rebellion and they steal the Statesman (one of the Grandmaster's spaceships) and goes to Asgard and they got all off the spaceship and they fight the beserkers at the end of the climax, they all go on the Statesman as Asgard is destroyed by Surtur and Hela is killed, Korg then joins Thor on his way to earth. While they are traveling to Earth, they are stopped by Thanos and the Black Order, and attacked Korg and the others.
Korg was one of the survivors of Thanos's attack in Infinity War and escaped to Earth with the rest of the survivors and established New Asgard. In Avengers: Endgame , Korg is revealed to have survived the decimation, and now lives at New Asgard, and mostly spends his time playing Fortnite with Miek and Thor. Korg would meet his ally Hulk in 2023 when he came to get Thor for the time heist.
Korg was one of the heroes who participated in the battle of Earth fighting Thanos and his forces. Korg survived the battle and attended the funeral for Tony Stark afterward. It is unknown what happened to him after, but he most likely kept living in New Asgard playing with Miek.
Powers and Abilities
- Kronan Physiology: As a Kronan, Korg is extremely powerful and possesses superhuman physical abilities while his tissues are made of a rock-like material. When Korg is idle, he grows moss on his exterior.
- Superhuman Strength: Due to his Kronan heritage, Korg possesses immense strength as he was notably able to knock back Cull Obsidian with a single hit.
- Superhuman Durability: Due to his Kronan heritage, Korg's rock-like body and advanced bodily tissues provide him much greater resistance to physical injury, though he is still vulnerable to blows from Hulk or from an opponent wielding Mjølnir.
- Superhuman Stamina: Korg's muscles produce practically no fatigue toxins during physical activity compared to those of humans and most other members of his race. His virtually inexhaustible stamina enables him to exert himself at peak capacity for an undefined period of time, allowing him to fight against Cull Obsidian and Thanos' soldiers without tiring at all.
- Combatant: Korg is a proficient combatant as he was a veteran of the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions, having survived many gladiatorial matches. He was also able to knock back Cull Obsidian for a time being and survived an onslaught of Thanos' soldiers during the Battle of Earth.
- Marksman: Korg is exceptionally skilled in the use of firearms, being able to take down dozens of Berserkers with his rifle.
- He and Miek are the first gladiators that Thor meets in Thor: Ragnarok.
|World of Taika Heroes|
Eagle vs. Shark (2007): Jarrod | Lily
Thor: Love and Thunder (2022): Thor Odinson | Mighty Thor | Valkyrie | Korg | Miek (NOTE: Also apart of the larger shared Marvel Cinematic Universe series of films)