|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Krampus (American Dad!) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Who you talking to? I'm Krampus, bitch! I'll do whatever I please! This is my expertise!||„|
|~ Krampus' famous quote.|
|“||You better be good, boys and girls, or I'll beat you until blood's coming from your ears and your eyes and your mouth. Merry Christmas! And from your ass!||„|
|~ Jack Smith reborn as the new Krampus.|
Krampus is a legendary demonic elf who is Santa Claus' former evil sidekick and the titular main character of the episode "Minstrel Krampus" of the hilarious adult TV cartoon series, American Dad!.
Krampus is a mythical creature recognized in Alpine countries. According to legend, Krampus accompanies Saint Nicholas during the Christmas season, warning and punishing bad children, in contrast to St. Nicholas, who gives gifts to good children. When the Krampus finds a particularly naughty child, it stuffs the child in its sack and carries the frightened child away to its castle lair, presumably to devour for its Christmas dinner. Krampus is represented as a beast-like creature, generally demonic in appearance.
When Steve misbehaves, his grandfather Jack Smith tells the story of how, as a boy, he captured the legendary Krampus in "Minstrel Krampus". Tired of Steve's brattiness, Stan Smith allows Krampus to go free with the intention of scaring the boy into being good, but he kidnaps Steve and demands Jack be brought to him. But when Stan uses his CIA connections to free Jack, he instead flees, leaving Stan and Roger to try to make a deal with Santa Claus who still bears a grudge after the events in "For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls", but is willing to go along in order to kill the Krampus.
Meanwhile, Steve discovers that the Krampus only punishes children because he loves them and tries to set them straight and bonds with him, just as Stan and Santa arrive and Santa kills the Krampus before turning the gun on Stan. Jack, who has had a change of heart, takes the bullet meant for Stan. As Santa flees, Jack and the old Krampus' blood intermingles, transforming Jack into the new Krampus.
- Krampus' speaking voice before his transformation is done by legendary actor Danny Glover. His singing voice is by Charles Bradley.
- Before his transformation with Jack, Krampus had a failed relationship with a woman named Sheila, who cheated on him in Baltimore with a mechanic named Dennis.
- When travelling through the wormhole in "The Longest Distance Relationship", Sinbad and Jeff Fischer turn into stylized characters including that Santa Claus and Krampus.
- Krampus is similar to Disney's Beast:
- They are both hideous beings who live in decrepit castles with living inanimate objects as servants.
- They both took someone prisoner but soon bonded with that person.
- They were eventually killed by someone who utterly despised them, but were then brought back in a different way than before.