|This hero was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being admirable enough or lacks what is necessary to be a purely good hero. Therefore, this hero shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed heroes rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same do-gooder. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PG heroes.|
Any act of adding this hero to the Pure Good category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this hero without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
Kristyn Farraday is the main protagonist in the 2013 direct-to-video animated film, Barbie in the Pink Shoes, and the German short-film, Land of Sweets. She is a 17 year old teenage ballet student who like a dreams of becoming a world-class dancer. She is also a friend of Hailey and Dillon Matthews.
She is voiced by Kelly Sheridan in the original film, and Ilona Brokowski (who did the German dubbings of Barbie in all of the movies) in the short film. In the Japanese dub from the film, she is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto, who also voiced Elina, Princess Annika, Mariposa, Ling Xiaoyu, and Princess Lumina.
Barbie in the Pink Shoes
When practising for an important showcase, Kristyn rips her pointe shoes, so she and her friend Hailey go to get new ones. They are given magical pink shoes by Madame Katerina, a seamstress, which take them to a magical ballet world.
Kristyn has a habit of don't following the correct choreography, because she can't help but follow her own individual dance steps. By changing the stories of the ballets in the ballet world, Kristyn gets in trouble with the world's ruler, the Snow Queen, and has to dance her own steps to destroyed her. Once she proves that there's more than one way to tell the story, she defeats the Snow Queen by dancing her own moves and saves Hailey.
Then, by removing the pink dance shoes, she and Hailey returning to the costume shop in time for the performance. She is later told how amazing her dancing is through dancing from her heart and is congratulated for just that by Madame Natasha, Tara, Hailey, and the dance scouts.
Land of Sweets
While doing the ballet training, Hannah doesn't feel brave enough for performance her dance show. Later on, Kristyn agrees to give her the pink shoes and they're magically transport to a magical world called "The Land of Cockaigne". They're dancing together and later they're returned magically in the stage and everyone claps for them.
- "Hold on! I'm not getting married. I'm only seventeen!"
- "No way, pink is always in style."
- "We're like the three musketeers!"
- "No! There's more than one way to tell this story!"
- "I would never be happy if I didn't try to help my friend! That's what friends do."
- "I could stay here forever!"
- "You really got your dance on."
- "It will take me more than new shoes to make Madame Natasha happy tonight. I was far from perfect"
- "I can't believe that I remember every move of this dance."
- "She's got three solos."
- "Ahh... I wish I could dance the Black Swan Pas de Deux"
- "You guys were amazing!"
- "You were perfect to me, Dillon"
- (Madame Natasha: "Stop! Stop the music! Stop everything! That means you, Kristyn!") "What!?"
- "I didn't mean to, Madame Natasha. I just get caught up in the music and the flow and my feet just do their own thing."
- (Madame Natasha: "You are a good dancer, you could be another Tara if you do what I say. Isn't that what you want?") "Yes, Madame".
- "Thanks, I'm fine."
- "When I am dancing, I know the choreography but I get lost in the music and it starts to flow through me and new moves just starts moving."
- Ahh... Giselle, I would give anything to dance Giselle."
- "Tara's so lucky. Madame will never trust me with a lead role."
- Ahh... just once I wish I could be Odette, Queen of the swans."
- "Does Tara wear this too?" (Madame Katerina: "Not this one") "Doesn't matter, I'm sure I'll be wearing antlers and pulling a sleigh."
- "Ahh... they're beautiful" (Madame Katerina: "They're for you my dear") "Thank you Madam."
- "Don't you dare."
- "Wow, these are some shoes."
- (Hailey: "Ahh... what happened?") "Everything's okay now."
- "Thank you so much, both of you for all your help." (To Albrecht and Hilarion)
- (Hilarion: "Take the bucket, its yours") "I think I'll miss you most of all Hilarion."
- "Yes, I think we did."
- "Those are great! Thanks," (To Tara)
- "Madame Katerina! The shoes... did I, did we?'"
- "You too, Tara."
- "Umm... here."
- (Madame Natasha: "Miss Farraday, I owe you an apology") "No, Madam, of course you don't."
- "No, it turns out he is really nice and he and Hilarion appear being good friends in the end. Umm... Am I right, Hailey?"
- "I'm in there."
- "Okay, see you tomorrow."
- (After Dillon asks her to join the dance): "Of course."
- "Here, try these on. They helped me once."
- "Hmmm, I had something that might help."
- "Okay Hannah, let's get started."
- "Now it's your turn, Hannah."
- "Now 'c'an you imagine as a Suger Plum Fairy?" (Hannah: Yes, I can.)
- "Just as good as you."
- Her shoe size is 5.
- Kristyn has a good knowledge of fairytales.
- Her crown in the end is similar to a crown seen in Barbie & Her Sisters in The Great Puppy Adventure.
Barbie in the Nutcracker
Barbie as Rapunzel
Barbie of Swan Lake
Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus
Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses
Barbie as The Island Princess
Barbie & the Diamond Castle
Barbie in A Christmas Carol
Barbie in A Mermaid Tale
Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale
Barbie: Princess Charm School
Barbie: The Princess & the Popstar
Barbie in the Pink Shoes
Barbie & Her Sisters in A Pony Tale
Barbie and the Secret Door
Barbie in Rock 'N Royals
Barbie & Her Sisters in The Great Puppy Adventure
Barbie & Her Sisters in A Puppy Chase
Barbie: Princess Adventure
Barbie & Chelsea: The Lost Birthday
Barbie: Big City, Big Dreams
Barbie: Dreamhouse Adventures
Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse