|Anakin Skywalker finds this infobox's power has been underestimated, as many, if not all sections in this infobox have been left empty.|
Help improve this article by updating and expanding the infobox.
Kyogre (Japanese: カイオーガ Kaiouga) is a Water-type Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation III. It is the Version Mascot of Pokémon Sapphire and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. It is a Primal Pokémon as well.
Along with Groudon and Rayquaza, Kyogre is a part of The Weather Trio.
Kyogre is a massive, predominantly blue Pokémon based on a whale. Its pectoral fins have white nails and designs on them that resemble the Greek letter "Ω" (Omega). Its chin is white, and it has two oval-shaped spots above both of its eyes and two white lines on both of its sides.There are red stripes around its chin, eyes, dorsal fins and torso, which glow when Kyogre is at its most powerful (in its regular form). Its tail is split into four parts that trail behind Kyogre when it moves, of which the outer ones are larger than the inner. Finally, it has small yellow eyes with black pupils and sclerae.
As Primal Kyogre, its body becomes a darker shade of blue, it gains yellow lines on its back and tail that form an Omega-like symbol on its snout, the spots above its eyes and the Omega-like markings on its pectoral fins turn yellow, and the red stripes on its body turn cyan.
Kyogre does not evolve. However, in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, it is capable of changing into its Primal Form via the Blue Orb.
- Kyogre is the only Pokémon that's not an Ice type that can learn Sheer Cold.
- Despite it saying in the game that Kyogre flew away when defeating it, it isn't a Flying type.
- In the movie "Hoopa and the Clash of Ages" it is shown flying, however.
- Primal Kyogre has the highest Speical Attack (180) and Special Defense (160) of all Water-type Pokémon.
- Before Generation V, Kyogre was the only Pokémon to have the Drizzle Ability.
- Most of the legendary trio's and duo's look somewhat alike or at least have the same body class. However, all members of the Weather trio are completely different to one another. Kyogre is based on a killer whale, Groudon is based on a theropod dinosaur, whilst Rayquaza is based on a Chinese dragon.
- Kyogre's moveset has an advantage over all other members of its trio. Water attacks on Groudon and Ice attacks on Rayquaza are super effective.
- As of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, however, both Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza's abilities negate the effectiveness of Water- and Ice-type attacks against them, whereas Primal Kyogre's ability does not negate the effectiveness of types it's weak against.
- It is highly likely that Kyogre is based on the Leviathan from Judeo-Christian religion.
- Kyogre and Groudon don't enter battle in their Primal Evolution forms when battling for you (Unless they're holding the Blue Orb/Red Orb respectively. If they are, Kyogre and Groudon will transform as soon as they're sent out).
- In Super Smash Bros., Kyogre is one of the Pokémon that can be freed from Pokéballs. During this time, it uses the move Hydro Pump.
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is the first game Kyogre appears in without ether Groudon or Rayquaza present.
- Kyogre is one of the collectable spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Primal Kyogre is the heaviest Water-type Pokémon.
Gym Leaders, Trial Captains, and Island Kahunas
Elite Four, Finalists, and Quarter Finalists
Groups and Organizations