|Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."
Spider-Man has declared that this article is still under construction.
|Anakin Skywalker finds this infobox's power has been underestimated, as many, if not all sections in this infobox have been left empty.|
Help improve this article by updating and expanding the infobox.
|“||Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. How can the thing we've always done just suddenly be wrong? At the very least, we've got to finish this world! We're almost done!||„|
|~ "Why So Blue?"|
Lapis Lazuli, also known as "Nice" Lapis in the credits, is a Homeworld Gem who debuted in "Why So Blue?" in Steven Universe Future. Alongside a shoulder-gem Lapis Lazuli, the two were still terraforming planets even after Steven's message of dismantling Homeworld's oppressive empire. She eventually decides to attend Little Homeschool.
She is voiced by Jennifer Paz.
"Nice" Lapis has azure skin with golden freckles, as well as short dark blue hair that is tied in a ponytail. Her outfit consists of a blue top with dark blue details, as well as a blue diamond insignia in a lighter shade of blue. She also has a long blue skirt, blue eyes, and is barefoot. Her gemstone is located on her navel.
"Nice" Lapis was originally completely bought into the idea of destroying worlds for fun. However, after Steven and Lapis Lazuli showed her dancing, she became warmer on the idea of living peacefully, but didn't immediately change due to her partner's pressure and judgment over this decision. After the Crystal Gem Lapis fought the two Lapises, she was shown to be very impressed with her and, along with the other Homeworld Lapis, was willing to serve the Crystal Gem Lapis as if she was her Diamond. After Steven and the Crystal Gem Lapis go back to Little Homeschool, she goes after them and decides to begin attending the school.
"Why So Blue?"
"Nice" Lapis makes her debut in the episode “Why So Blue?”. She is shown to be destroying a planet alongside "Mean" Lapis even after the Gem empire was dismantled and terraforming was no longer needed. She is confronted by Steven and Lapis to stop terraforming the planet and try to convince her and "Mean" Lapis to come to Little Homeworld but they refuse. Lapis attempts to teach them how to express themselves, and while "Nice" Lapis is influenced by her for a brief moment, she is shunned by her partner. After Lapis sings "Shining Through", both "Nice" and "Mean" Lapis make fun of the Crystal Gem Lapis; "Mean" Lapis remarking that she wants them to “sing and dance like pearls” before the two continue to terraform the planet. After a battle with Lapis, they agree to stop terraforming the planet. At the end of "Why So Blue?", "Nice" Lapis decides to visit Little Homeworld in the interest of learning there.
"Nice" Lapis possesses standard Gem abilities including fusion, superhuman strength/durability, and agelessness. She is exceptionally powerful, especially when she is near the ocean. She can also create objects out of water.
- Enhanced Strength: "Nice" Lapis has superhuman strength, enabling her to use enough power to attack her enemies. This was shown in "Why So Blue?".
- Hydrokinesis: "Nice" Lapis has immense power over water and liquid material. Like the Crystal Gem Lapis Lazuli, she can form water into various constructs that she can control, including hands to smite enemies or use as a platform, chains to entangle or trap enemies with, divide the sea to make a path.
- Water Generation: In addition to manipulating existing liquid, "Nice" Lapis can generate a certain amount of water from her gem. It is unknown whether the water is somehow stored within her gemstone, or if she simply condensed the water molecules in the air into a liquid form.
- Water Wings: "Nice" Lapis can summon and remove water wing-like constructs, which can propel her at high velocities as an evasive maneuver or as a method of transportation. Her wings have allowed her to fly between planets.
At first, "Nice" Lapis makes fun of her alongside "Mean" Lapis, yet after the fight between the Lapides, "Nice" Lapis seems to hold a level of respect for her, and Lapis even welcomes her to Little Homeschool.
"Nice" Lapis seemed to enjoy terraforming with "Mean" Lapis, but when she shows her passion for dancing, it seemed like "Mean" Lapis was embarrassed by her. Judging by how "Mean" Lapis wasn't accompanying her when she went to Little Homeworld, it could be assumed that they had broken up with each other.
"Nice" and "Mean" Lapis think they should only half-listen to him since he is half-Diamond. After he gives "Nice" Lapis the brochure for Little Homeschool, she accepted, showing that she might want to turn over a new leaf.
- "Nice" Lapis has gold freckles, a reference to gold specks on real-life lapis lazuli, which often has pyrite inclusions.
Little Homeworld: Nice Lapis | ? | ? | ?