Leonard ”Lenny” Lino is the male deuteragonist of Shark Tale. He is Don Lino's youngest son, Frankie's younger brother, and Oscar's best friend for life. Unlike ordinary sharks who are meat eaters, Lenny is a vegetarian shark. He is voiced by Jack Black, who later voices Po in the Kung Fu Panda series.
Unlike the other sharks, Lenny is a kid-friendly vegetarian who would never harm anyone and is worried about admitting this to Lino. He also dislikes the Jaws theme song. After Frankie's death, he was unable to face his father as he realized he could never be the shark Lino wanted him to be. His least favorite to be meat when he thrown up Angie when reveal the taste is killing him.
While he may not seem it most of the time, Lenny proves himself to be very loyal several times throughout the film. He was the first to figure out that Oscar was lying about being a Sharkslayer, he came up with a plan to fake his own death, he disguised himself as a dolphin so well that he was able to attend a sit-down with his father and not be recognized and was able to blackmail Oscar into convincing him to stay with him.
- Lenny is similar to Princess Merida from Brave.
- Lenny is also similar to Casper the Friendly Ghost.
- Both are friendly, but his dad and his uncles forced them to scare people or eat fish (Don Lino forced Lenny to eat fish, the Ghostly Trio forced Casper to scare people).
- Unlike his father and brother, Lenny is a vegetarian Shark. He didn't like eating meat after he ate Angie, he spews her out.
- Keanu Reeves, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, George Clooney, Albert Brooks, Cheech Marin, Scott Bakula, Brad Pitt, John Corbett, Peter Weller, Steven Seagal, John Leguizamo, Dave Foley, Timothy Hutton, Ardal O' Hanlon, Jason Flemyng, Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Tom Guiry, Ioan Gruffudd, Adam Sandler, Cary Elwes, Zach Braff, Mike Myers, Will Ferrell, Jerry Seinfeld, Ray Romano, Billy Crystal, Pierce Brosnan, Sylvester Stallone, Hank Azaria, Kevin Costner, Vincent D'Onofrio, Owen Wilson, Nicolas Cage, Kevin Kline, David Duchovny, Steve Burton, Casper Van Dien, Dan Shor, Christian Slater, Jay Mohr & Michael Dudikoff all auditioned for the role of Lenny before Jack Black was chosen to voice the character.
- Lenny was originally called for Roger. According to Tony Siruno (character design).