|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Leon Kuwata contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||This new version of me that's chasing after my dream is, like...super cool to the max!||„|
|~ Leon Kuwata|
Leon Kuwata is a student in Hope's Peak Academy's Class 78th, and a participant of the Killing School Life as well as a minor protagonist-turned-supporting antagonist in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. His title is Ultimate Baseball Star. However he stated he wishes to change his title to Ultimate Musician.
He kills Sayaka Maizono in Chapter 1 and and he was sentenced to be executed by Monokuma. Unwilling to accept his sentence, Leon begged Monokuma not to kill him, and tried to justify his actions as self-defence. However, Celestia Ludenberg pointed out that Leon could have returned to his room and stayed there after Sayaka shut herself in the bathroom, but instead he actively chose to return to Sayaka's room with his tool kit in order to attack her.
Leon is executed by being pummelled to death by baseballs shot out of a pitching machine in an execution called The 1,000 Blows.
In the game, he is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai in the Japanese version of the game and the anime, and by Grant George in the English version of the game and in the anime and by Justin Cook in the English version of the anime.
Leon had dyed red spiked hair, a goatee, and pale blue eyes. He wears a white blazer jacket with a popped collar, a white shirt with a red grunge skull design, dark blue jeans and white platform shoes with a black sole. He accessorizes with a padlocked chain necklace, two overlapping studded belts, rings, and an oversized safety pin on his lapel. He has several piercings - his labret, his tongue, and six in his right ear.
When he was practicing baseball, he wore a standard baseball jersey with his number, 18, and his family name, Kuwata, on the back. He had a shaved hairstyle, which is "traditional" according to him.
Leon was a passionate and hot-blooded boy. He often slacks off from studying and baseball practice; however, his baseball skills were never diminished due to his status as Ultimate Baseball Star. Leon is also very determined to change his current title to Ultimate Musician. In Leon's Free Time sequence, the reason for that determination is revealed: to win a heart of a girl that he happened to meet at the hair salon. Later, Leon himself states that he somewhat missed playing baseball; something that he used to do every day since he was young. He even invited Makoto to play baseball with him once they get out of their current situation. During the main story, Leon is shown to be easily intimidated and agitated, such as when Makoto spends time with him for the first time and he thinks it's a trap to kill him, or during the first class trial when he asks and finds out who Sakura Ogami is. When he becomes nervous or intimidated, Leon tends to smile awkwardly, often the right corner of his mouth stretching farther.
In the official artbook, Leon is described as an optimist who wants to get better at everything he does. He is also mentioned to be a player, and he had a new girl with him every few days. He is always flirting with girls and he's single-mindedly focused on studying "the secret of success with the ladies". He's also mentioned to be into pure-hearted girls.
In School Mode, Leon is portrayed as easily offended; for example, when asked how he managed to style his hair, he immediately becomes annoyed, automatically accusing Makoto of making fun of it and saying he should shave his hair like his baseball team made him do. He also can come off as impatient and agitated at times, like instantly becoming angry and snapping at Makoto for not knowing what to talk about. School Mode also shows that whenever he's upset or depressed, Leon likes to take naps.
- The name of his beta is Kazuo Matsuzaki.
- According to her introduction to the game, her current hair color is not natural. He is ginger actually.
- Initially it is stated that he does not like baseball, but continues to play for the attention that is paid to women. After not playing baseball for a while, Kuwata claims that he misses him and wants to continue in the future.
- Due to the brutality of Kuwata's execution, it was censored in the anime adaptation, but not in the video game.
- In the anime slightly modified Kuwata's reaction to being convicted. Once the decision was announced, Kuwata burst into tears and desperately tried to get out of the rehearsal room, screaming that he didn't want to die. This did not change the outcome of the trial.
- He strongly dislikes studying.
- His dream is to use his fame as a baseball player to start a career as a musician.
- Originally, Leon was going to be the main character of Trigger Happy Havoc instead of Makoto Naegi, as Kanon Nakajima was going to be the main character of Ultra Despair Girls, but unknown to both of them had their roles changed in their appearances. And ironically the determined leads are from Naegi's family in their appearances (Ultra Despair Girls: Komaru Naegi and Trigger Happy Havoc: Makoto Naegi).
- Kuwata once fell in love with a girl he met at the hair salon.
- In the video game Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, the password to enter Nezumi Castle is 11037, which refers to Danganronpa's first case: Trigger Happy Havoc when Maizono is murdered and, in her last moments of life, she writes her name upside down. assassin "IIO37" which actually meant LEON.