Li'l D proclaims himself as the unofficial/bumbling leader of the Westley School's music class, whether they like it or not. He is bright, talented, confident to a fault, and is incredibly tenacious when it comes to music. Through sheer determination (as well as breaking and entering), he manages to recruit Sunny Bridges as the class's new music teacher. Although Li'l D considers himself remarkably streetwise, his overconfidence often leads him into trouble. He is considered the shortest member of the class (despite being taller than Kim and Eddie if not for his hair), standing about 4'6". Li'l D has never met his father, although he doesn't seem bothered by it. His instrument is the drums. In some songs, he plays a different instrument like in "The Hunt for Red Blobtober". Although he has never revealed his actual name, no one seems to notice.
- Soul Stack Records took Li'l D's drumsticks away, saying they were no good on set. They instead have him play the drums with a fork and a knife. When Li'l D shows his friends that he is a star, Philly Phil tells him that he is only a sellout.
- He wears a 1970s/80s Atlanta Braves baseball cap.
- Li'l D's dream is to jam with Sunny Bridges as seen in his dream in the pilot.
- In "The Devil and Lil' D", he reveals that he can play the fiddle as he tries to get his soul out of the contract.
- He is the fourth tallest member of the class, standing about 4'6. Only shorter than Tamika, Philly Phil and Madison.
- Li'l D wears a 1970s Atlanta Braves baseball cap in the pilot episode, Home, though he appears in his trademarked sailor hat (skipper cap) in both music videos.