This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand... a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light.||„|
|~ The Wind Waker Prologue.|
|~ Link's war cry in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Link is the main protagonist of The Legend of Zelda series. His archenemy is Ganon, who keeps trying to take over Hyrule. A peculiarity of Link is the several different incarnations of the character throughout The Legend of Zelda series. All incarnations of Link share a number of characteristics, the most common of which are his physical appearance and sense of bravery and selflessness. He is implied to be somewhat sleepy or lazy since at the beginning of almost every game, he oversleeps. Since Link does not have extensive dialogue, clues to his personality come from his actions and other characters' comments about him.
Link's physical characteristics fluctuate from game to game, though he usually has light-colored hair (ranging from brown to blond to orange), blue eyes, and a medium build.
Soul Calibur II Gamecube Version
Link appears in Soul Calibur II Gamecube Version as a guest playable character, he is the same Link from Ocarina of Time, Nobuyuki Hiyama reprised the adult Link's character, Link must defeat Inferno, the true main antagonist that terrorizes Hyrule, then Link discovers that Inferno is actually Nightmare who was been possessed and corrupted by Soul Edge, he then defeated Inferno and saved Hyrule in the process.
Mario Kart 8
Link appears in Mario Kart 8 as a downloadable playable character, he is the same Link from Skyward Sword, he has his vehicle called the Master Cycle, which also appeared as a downloadable vehicle.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Link returns once again in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, this time as an unlockable character which he wears his Breath of the Wild outfit in the Nintendo Switch remake version.
Powers and abilities
- Strong durability: Link is shown that he is extremely durable, as he is able to survive deadly situations like being hit by powerful sword blows and getting caught in large explosions.
- Noble bloodline: Throughout the ages, Whenever Hyrule is threatened by evil forces, a different incarnation of Link will often appear to protect it. However, he has no memory of his previous lives as he is a descendant of the previous Link before him and not the same despite their similarities.
- Incredible strength: Link appears to have immense strength. In Twilight Princess, he is able to beat the Gorons in sumo wrestling (although wearing Iron Boots), and later proves able to master Ganondorf himself in a sword lock. In Skyward Sword, Link can wield Koloktos' massive sword, and eventually becomes powerful enough to beat Demon King Demise in a duel.
- Magic: Link can use different magic spells effectively to help him in his quest.
- Sword fighting: Something all Links have in common is their incredible combat skills, unmatched by anyone. They are able to defeat highly skilled swordsmen like Ganondorf in combination with their strength and agility.
|Nintendo All-Star Heroes|
Super Mario Bros. franchise