|“||Not... a monster. I'm Curtisss Connorsss. And I will never let the monstersss win again.||„|
|~ The Lizard.|
|“||NO! I mustn't tell him! No one can ever know. The cure worked. My brain--my mind's been restored. And I know why I'm here... For the choices I've made. For Martha. For Billy. My name is Curt Connors. And this is my prison. My penance. My hell. And I deserve it.||„|
|~ Curt Connors.|
He was created by the late Stan Lee, and the late Steve Ditko.
Curtis "Curt" Connors was born and raised in Coral Gables, Florida, and was presumably raised with his family alongside his sister. Curt went to medical school, graduating with twin doctors in biology and biochemistry, and later became a gifted surgeon. Later in his life, Curt met and married Martha, and together they had a son named Billy.
Curt enlisted himself into the United States Army, becoming a surgeon who would performed emergency surgery on wounded soldiers. However, Curt's right arm was heavily damaged by a wartime blast, and was amputated. Curt returned to civilian life, and decided to spend his life on creating a serum that could regenerate lost limbs.
Curt decided to test himself on the serum, and was overjoyed that his arm grew back, but the reptilian DNA in the serum caused him to mutate. Connors became The Lizard, and was eventually "cured" by Spider-Man, but he transformed back into the creature after trying another test. Thankfully, he was saved from this by his colleague, Charles Xavier, and his team of X-Men.
Powers and Abilities
While transformed into The Lizard, Connors possesses a variety of superhuman attributes.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Fangs & Claws
Connors has a genius-level intelligence and is a world renowned herpetologist. Although he has had no formal combat training, his powers alone coupled with his natural savagery in his transformed state make him a formidable combatant.
- Lizard's strength and agility are reduced when exposed to intense cold for more than a few minutes.
- High levels of stress can cause Dr. Connors to transform into the Lizard.
- Curtis Connors is seen in the first Spider-Man film trilogy with his right arm missing but no actual reference to him being or becoming the Lizard. He was portrayed by Dylan Baker.
- In The Amazing Spider-Man, he is portrayed by Rhys Ifans. This was the first time that the Lizard had been seen on film.